mounted sprayer.

tinman

Very Senior Member
might, and its only a might, buy a sprayer, or at least a bigger one than i currently have, if i took a mad notion sometime what would be a good make to keep an eye out for?
id of said a hardi, but maybe the berthood or similar machine might be better?

something in and around the 6-800ltr size, not too worried about size tho, as long as it would be handy enuf to put on and off the tractor, dont want to avoid the job because she is a handlin to hitch up everytime.

any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

might, and its only a might, buy a sprayer, or at least a bigger one than i currently have, if i took a mad notion sometime what would be a good make to keep an eye out for?
id of said a hardi, but maybe the berthood or similar machine might be better?

something in and around the 6-800ltr size, not too worried about size tho, as long as it would be handy enuf to put on and off the tractor, dont want to avoid the job because she is a handlin to hitch up everytime.

any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

We had a hardi here tinman, okay of a sprayer, but the booms could almost be considered a disposable item. They rust at an alarming rate, and are impossible to weld as they are so flimsy. The paint is terrible on them, which does not help (looks like no primer and just a top coat). They have an excellent pump though. If i were to choose between the 2, I'd probably go berthoud, but that's just me.
If ya were open to other makes, I would go with some of the british brands like chafer, knight or gem. We bought a trailed gem here, and find that they are much better engineered than their European counterparts, even though it is 15 years old now. No problem with spares either, the only thing that we were worried about at the time of buying.

food for thought.

ie, the frame could get a home indeed.
the one i have tho isnt too fond of a cat 3 toplink.:whistling:

Go for a trailed as they are so easy to take on and off. You can weld the booms of a Berthoud :whistling::whistling:.. Parts tend to be expensive but the pumps are very good and easy enough to rebuild .

think there are a few berthounds around with A frames on them.
slight disadvantage of the Aframe is it puts the sprayer that bit farther back. So just be mindful about weight on the front.

I'd think about only going for a 12m boom though. it's the most relevant size about and so should be easiest size to buy and sell.

have a 800l hardi, 12m boom here. comments about paint are true but I wash after every use with a fairy and a cloth before the sprays dry in.

if you cover the boom with waxoyl minding the boom is a lot easier.

for a new sprayer 4 years ago i was getting prices like 4-5k.

Ye need a cat 3 one !
i need a lot of things.....:lol:
Go for a trailed as they are so easy to take on and off. You can weld the booms of a Berthoud :whistling::whistling:.. Parts tend to be expensive but the pumps are very good and easy enough to rebuild .
id like a trailed, but it wouldnt suit either, or at least i dont think it would neway.
we arent talking about 20 acre fields now...
think there are a few berthounds around with A frames on them.
slight disadvantage of the Aframe is it puts the sprayer that bit farther back. So just be mindful about weight on the front.

I'd think about only going for a 12m boom though. it's the most relevant size about and so should be easiest size to buy and sell.

have a 800l hardi, 12m boom here. comments about paint are true but I wash after every use with a fairy and a cloth before the sprays dry in.

if you cover the boom with waxoyl minding the boom is a lot easier.

for a new sprayer 4 years ago i was getting prices like 4-5k.
tractors are big enuf so im not worried about weight too much.
nor am i going to buy a new one either.
the 12mtr boom would be about right, all the better if it was self levelling.

sounds like a hardi or berthood then so.

are we talking about something like this?
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/3176483

Can't really add too much more about the Hardi's above - ours is painted with fresh oil each year and we also painted the boom when we got it.

Still rust like a bugger.

Tanks are better on Hardi's compared to Berthoud's - they tend to crack very easily.

Can't really add too much more about the Hardi's above - ours is painted with fresh oil each year and we also painted the boom when we got it.

Still rust like a bugger.

Tanks are better on Hardi's compared to Berthoud's - they tend to crack very easily.

Did you sand down and prime when you got it or just give a top up coat?

i need a lot of things.....:lol:

id like a trailed, but it wouldnt suit either, or at least i dont think it would neway.
we arent talking about 20 acre fields now...

tractors are big enuf so im not worried about weight too much.
nor am i going to buy a new one either.
the 12mtr boom would be about right, all the better if it was self levelling.

sounds like a hardi or berthood then so.

are we talking about something like this?
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/3176483

Would the fact that its not hydraulic fold , or raise, bother you?
Probably pick something better up in the UK if you were over there with the jeep and trailer on another mission I'd say:001_smile:

Would the fact that its not hydraulic fold , or raise, bother you?
Probably pick something better up in the UK if you were over there with the jeep and trailer on another mission I'd say:001_smile:

i do like gadgets:whistling:, and in no big fan of having to get out to even open a gate never mind opening out booms, so i would like to have the hyd folding out, that is as long as it dont put the price sky high, but something tells me that it might only be on bigger machines.
self levelling ( if it can be got on a mounted sprayer ) would be handy too, but not essential.

not much point in me going to 1200ltrs as its too big for what i want it for, it ill end up too dear and by the looks of it you might as well stick a sheet of ply where the back window is...:001_unsure:

so would you get a 800 with hyd booms?

also, are electrics stand clear on them, bearing in mind that she will be used for about 5 days a year.....
or will the newer type manual control's reach near the cab??, the jd isnt that handy to reach out the back too far.

going to the uk with a trailer will take the gloss off it, its about €600 odd to head off now, if not more.
i could get it picked up for a lot less if the machine was decent tho.

i do like gadgets:whistling:, and in no big fan of having to get out to even open a gate never mind opening out booms, so i would like to have the hyd folding out, that is as long as it dont put the price sky high, but something tells me that it might only be on bigger machines.
self levelling ( if it can be got on a mounted sprayer ) would be handy too, but not essential.

not much point in me going to 1200ltrs as its too big for what i want it for, it ill end up too dear and by the looks of it you might as well stick a sheet of ply where the back window is...:001_unsure:

so would you get a 800 with hyd booms?

also, are electrics stand clear on them, bearing in mind that she will be used for about 5 days a year.....
or will the newer type manual control's reach near the cab??, the jd isnt that handy to reach out the back too far.

going to the uk with a trailer will take the gloss off it, its about €600 odd to head off now, if not more.
i could get it picked up for a lot less if the machine was decent tho.

You can get an 800 with hydraulic fold, never had any bother with electrics on the sprayer yet, they seem to be pretty robust.
I know you are only doing a small amount, but I still don't like having the back window open to switch it on and off. A neighbour around here has it on permanently, and just switches the pto on and off:laugh:
As you say, more toys add more money, but it all depends on where you can draw the line, doese'nt it always:lol:

Get a Jarmet plenty good enough think they do a 600 litre.
would it tho, looks ok mind.
but id kinda rather a better make.
mind you that will depend on the coin.

id like to spend somewhere between 2-3k.

You can get an 800 with hydraulic fold, never had any bother with electrics on the sprayer yet, they seem to be pretty robust.
I know you are only doing a small amount, but I still don't like having the back window open to switch it on and off. A neighbour around here has it on permanently, and just switches the pto on and off:laugh:
As you say, more toys add more money, but it all depends on where you can draw the line, doese'nt it always:lol:
that sounds good.

not too bad about the electrics either.

only problem with that is my one will dribble away if you leave the valves open.

would it tho, looks ok mind.
but id kinda rather a better make.
mind you that will depend on the coin.

id like to spend somewhere between 2-3k.
If your mad to spend money i won't stop ya:laugh:.
I have a Jarmet 400 ltr a couple of years now never a bother with it.Its just for my own use and like yourself maybe ten days work a year.
I don't know a lot about sprayers but Atkins wanted double the price for a "better" make i'd rather keep the price difference in my pocket.

i seen that lastnight.
i know who has her.

wonder what its like.
only thing that scares me about her is the price of the parts if it did need any.

this would be more like it ?? , but the money is a tad strong.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/3127146

That looks good, and you are not a million miles away on price. You will definitely pick something up along those lines with your budget. Wonder what he would take for it rock bottom:whistling:

That looks good, and you are not a million miles away on price. You will definitely pick something up along those lines with your budget. Wonder what he would take for it rock bottom:whistling:
going to msg minder :whistling:

i seen that lastnight.
i know who has her.

wonder what its like.
only thing that scares me about her is the price of the parts if it did need any.

this would be more like it ?? , but the money is a tad strong.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/3127146

Something like this is what you'd want to be buying really, I think. Electric controls and hyd.booms would be a must in my opinion, you'll really get the benefit of the hyd folding if doing smaller fields, ie less than a tank full.

If your mad to spend money i won't stop ya:laugh:.
I have a Jarmet 400 ltr a couple of years now never a bother with it.Its just for my own use and like yourself maybe ten days work a year.
I don't know a lot about sprayers but Atkins wanted double the price for a "better" make i'd rather keep the price difference in my pocket.
god no, im far from mad to spend money.
but id kinda like a tidy enuf machine that would sell well again.
there may be nothing wrong with a jarmet, a few high prices might just tip me that way.
im in no great panic, i have one here as it is.
something might come up just.

Back