Ford/New Holland

Always had fords on this farm,the tractor I learnt to drive on when I was 12 was a major without livedrive, I HATED it, spreading hay the pto would stop when I pushed the clutch leading to bent tines and a bollocking from my dad, it also did not have a diff-lock and would run going down quite moderate slopes.
Also have a ford 4000 that goes every day on one farm feeding big bales and scraping. It's on its second engine as the ex hire ford550 digger we once had blew it's engine, so we fitted a brand new engine into the 4000 as we thought we would get more use out of it there, and the 550 got the old 4000 engine that had done over 8000 hours.
Also have a 4600 with a loader, knackered and a ford 4wd 5610 that has only done 4700 hours but the cab is falling apart with rust,so will need doing up.I did have another 4wd 5610 but I've part exchanged it for a MF 5455 with a loader :blushing: I telephoned 3 new holland dealers and not one of them had a fresh tractor with a loader whereas the local MF dealer had a choice of 4 5455's.
I have a new holland digger as well, going on for 12 years old now,but only done 3700 hours. It only does the mucking out and muckspreader loading mostly along with some ditching and handy jobs, so will probably last me till I retire ( in about 30 years :lol: )

that answers that, the 784o would have been the predecessor to the TS115 . . .

Don't think there's much wrong with the 6.6l engine of the 7840, the only one I ever drove certianly was a big improvement on the 7810 we had. I fail to see how some people have such a high opinion of the 7810, I think a 7610 GenIII with it's rotary pump was a better tractor! There seems to be a high proportion of Ford/NH fans on here, when green tractors seem to sell new in far greater numbers in my locality, although I do think at 10 yrs old the blue ones are far easier to sell!

Don't think there's much wrong with the 6.6l engine of the 7840, the only one I ever drove certianly was a big improvement on the 7810 we had. I fail to see how some people have such a high opinion of the 7810, I think a 7610 GenIII with it's rotary pump was a better tractor! There seems to be a high proportion of Ford/NH fans on here, when green tractors seem to sell new in far greater numbers in my locality, although I do think at 10 yrs old the blue ones are far easier to sell!

I think a spin up Old Dublin Road confirms that! Also you have one of the biggest S/H FNH dealers up near there too.

i was never a fan of the fords but when i was changing tractors a few years ago i came across a 7610 at a good price and couldnt leave it behind.ive had it 4 years now and besides the usual service it owes me nothing.great machine:thumbup1:

The 7810 was the best they made, the one here sure can pull and lots of smoke(if there was no smoke I would have a problem)

Rumour has it John 1594 and the Valtra are good friends now, almost unpartable and he's just using the Classic tractor thing as an excuse for his absence of late.:whistling:

:lol: from his rants on Facebook I think the valtra and him are not quite getting on :lol:

Rumour has it John 1594 and the Valtra are good friends now, almost unpartable and he's just using the Classic tractor thing as an excuse for his absence of late.:whistling:

me and the valtra are seeking a divorce shortly! Now the air con has packed up on it :no:

Think id rather drive a ford :scared: least its got a hand throttle!

Ah well, il be back on my own tractors soon enough, be nice to have a decent comfortable cab to spend the day in :001_smile:

Back