Ford/New Holland

Youngsters today, what would they do if they had no cab :rolleyes:

after yesterday in the "sprung comfort" of the valtra, with the back window open because thats the only source of fresh air now the aircon is dead, id happily have a day on the 990 sunning it up :cool:

wonder what she would look like tethered to a 24m sprayer :eek:

could have 15 on it, but my wheel settings are wrong for his tramlines :thumbdown:

when i was growing up , we had a 7000 which was a good tractor , got turned off them in the early nineties when a 7610 ( with the collumn change gear under the steering ) arrived , biggest pile of crap that ever came about the place

had JD,s ever since

ALways liked the TW's for all their failings, good ould horse to pull and looked nice,especially the 15's, not that it makes any difference:D
My favourite is obviously the 70 series, but I also like the 40 series, TS's and an a 2wd 8100 we had here fitted with a TW10 engine, some beast on the road and fast too with the 18.9 R 38 wheels on her:thumbup:

ALways liked the TW's for all their failings, good ould horse to pull and looked nice,especially the 15's, not that it makes any difference:D
My favourite is obviously the 70 series, but I also like the 40 series, TS's and an a 2wd 8100 we had here fitted with a TW10 engine, some beast on the road and fast too with the 18.9 R 38 wheels on her:thumbup:

Maybe that is my answer for a cheap 40k tractor :D:D - no trailer brakes though :thumbdown:

Given the 8100 had the cast hull bracket, I guess the TW just bolted straight to the gearbox instead of the "cotton reel" extension :confused:

Maybe that is my answer for a cheap 40k tractor :D:D - no trailer brakes though :thumbdown:

Given the 8100 had the cast hull bracket, I guess the TW just bolted straight to the gearbox instead of the "cotton reel" extension :confused:

Bob said it was easy to fit the trailer brake, we were going to get it done but then the 8670 came along, and there was no need. There was no need for the cast hull with the new engine, Bob made up channels for appearances sake to bolt alongside the engine through which pipes and wires were routed.
Great tractor to pull, great on the PTO too. Kinda miss her:crying:

Always had Fords and before that Fordsons here. Not a fan of them or the NH. 1st MF showed up over 40 years ago and we still have it and had a good few others over the years. Took a bit of a chance on the unknown a few years ago and bought a Valtra and it's worked flawlessly and (john1594) the AC would skin a brass monkey. In fact it's worked so good we're considering switching to them after nearly 50 years with the MF's.

Bob said it was easy to fit the trailer brake, we were going to get it done but then the 8670 came along, and there was no need. There was no need for the cast hull with the new engine, Bob made up channels for appearances sake to bolt alongside the engine through which pipes and wires were routed.
Great tractor to pull, great on the PTO too. Kinda miss her:crying:

I was just thinking of his 7910 after making that post, they would be some match together.

Sounds a super job and given that the TW10 engine wasn't turboed whereas the 15 was it would have put less strain on the driveline too, which was just a straight 6700.

Really all ye did was make a 8200 but I'm not sure on the gearbox speeds on those and we all know about how slow the 8210 is on the road.

Always had Fords and before that Fordsons here. Not a fan of them or the NH. 1st MF showed up over 40 years ago and we still have it and had a good few others over the years. Took a bit of a chance on the unknown a few years ago and bought a Valtra and it's worked flawlessly and (john1594) the AC would skin a brass monkey. In fact it's worked so good we're considering switching to them after nearly 50 years with the MF's.

never met any serious machinery man who didnt like valtra , one man in particular i know who is as wise as they come says they are flawless apart from being very bouncy on the road

never met any serious machinery man who didnt like valtra , one man in particular i know who is as wise as they come says they are flawless apart from being very bouncy on the road

you wanna try driving this turd of a thing ive got, have now perfected the cruise control on the foot throttle, ie a lump of metal wedged under it

Air con has now been fixed to a certain degree, large readjustment of the compressor belt, its now tight enough to play a tune on, yet every time the air con clicks in it still squeals like a stuck pig :no:

Im getting used to it, but not getting any fonder of it

Joan-Collins-008.jpg

Visual approximation of John 1594.

;)

you wanna try driving this turd of a thing ive got, have now perfected the cruise control on the foot throttle, ie a lump of metal wedged under it

Air con has now been fixed to a certain degree, large readjustment of the compressor belt, its now tight enough to play a tune on, yet every time the air con clicks in it still squeals like a stuck pig :no:

Im getting used to it, but not getting any fonder of it

Not to nit pick John but a new toothed V-belt does wonders you know:thumbup2:.

Not to nit pick John but a new toothed V-belt does wonders you know:thumbup2:.

its a 58 plate and the belt sits well over the outside of the pulleys on both the fan and the compressor, so to me that says the belt is a good un. A machine that old with 2k hours really shouldnt need a new belt imo

its a 58 plate and the belt sits well over the outside of the pulleys on both the fan and the compressor, so to me that says the belt is a good un. A machine that old with 2k hours really shouldnt need a new belt imo

over the outside of the pulley? by how much, is it gripping the inside of the pulley well enough? or has it slipped long enough that it has now gone hard and wont grip, pity if it was something simple.

Ah for f**k sake John, its an air con belt, hardly rocket science to fix and I wouldn't be getting too worked up over it. Certainly not enough of a problem to warrant tarnishing the Valtra brand:001_smile:

Last edited:
Ah for f**k sake John, its an air con belt, hardly rocket science to fix and I wouldn't be getting too worked up over it. Certainly not enough of a problem to warrant tarnishing the Valtra brand:001_smile:

+1 only a belt... Get over it, if its annoying you that bad just get a belt for it yourself....

John if you were working for us and you were mouthing like that about a tractor,we would cut the belt and break the door glass and then see how you would like it.And on saturday evening you would get told we wont want ya monday if ya stayed around.

John if you were working for us and you were mouthing like that about a tractor,we would cut the belt and break the door glass and then see how you would like it.And on saturday evening you would get told we wont want ya monday if ya stayed around.

Of course ye would and then ye wouldn't bother fixing it, just replace the whole thing? Tough men.

That belt needed adjustment and you listened to it squealing instead of tightening it , now it needs replacing , big deal , it can happen on every machine in the world that has belts on it , if you were driving for me and did that much giving out about a top class machine I'd solve the problem very quickly , get out the gate ye young pup.:blushing::blushing:

Wasnt it your brother that walked (with a wheelbarrow) out of a contractors yard in protest, because he was asked to drive a 7840 with a dual power gearbox. :whistling:

That belt needed adjustment and you listened to it squealing instead of tightening it , now it needs replacing , big deal , it can happen on every machine in the world that has belts on it , if you were driving for me and did that much giving out about a top class machine I'd solve the problem very quickly , get out the gate ye young pup.:blushing::blushing:

If he was giving out about a John Deere he would be your top driver .:whistling:

He wouldn't get the drive in the first place otherwise.
Wasnt it your brother that walked (with a wheelbarrow) out of a contractors yard in protest, because he was asked to drive a 7840 with a dual power gearbox. :whistling:
:lol:

Back