drawbar weight

slurryboy

Just a quick question what weight would you expect the tractor hitch to carry with an injector tanker?

about 3 to 4ton for traction id say.but when empty and it hanging off the back it could be lifting the hitch.

Confirmed what i thought then. Just been having a problem with ball hitch i bought for it , having looked into it in more detail turns out it is only rated to carry 1500kg

Confirmed what i thought then. Just been having a problem with ball hitch i bought for it , having looked into it in more detail turns out it is only rated to carry 1500kg

jesus, i often had more than that on the hitch of the jeep.

what clown sold you that?

Someone was telling me that all tractor pickup hitches are only 3.5 tonnes and the drawbars are 1.5 tonnes.if that's true then I'm constantly over loading the hitches.

jesus, i often had more than that on the hitch of the jeep.

what clown sold you that?

that's downforce, not pulling surely.

I know landcruisers are mighty yokes but 1500kg extra down on the hitch would break a share of stuff I'd imagine

most jeeps are rated to between 50 and 100kg of nose weight

Taken a while to get back to this thread. But yes they were told what it was going on to. Have now been supplied with a replacement part that is suitable for the job. Now have been asked for the old part back been quoted over £65 to send via courier. Would I be responsible for that cost as it seems a bit steep to return a part that I should never have been sold in first place

A lot of places have a "returned parts are subject to a handling charge" type thing in small print on the invoice.

Back