New tractor

Nice set up! what way have you left the chains for setting the height of the front mower? We set it up as the book. puts serious pressure on the keys. Need to watch the pins that come with the mower are like chocolate IMO. Is the deeres front linkage double acting or single? have you the mower set up that the arms lft aswell as the mower or just mower independant?

I couldnt get the chains right so we've had to order some plates that bolt to the side of the front linkage with hooks for the chains, the mower lift is on a separate spool and at the moment ive just got the mower lifting but could lift the linkage as well if needed, the linkage is double acting.

Some more shiny paint arrived this morning, not the best pics as it was getting dark when I got back from spraying.

What model rear mounted. i thought Deere didnt have such a thing or is it an after market swarther. Those chains on the front are for a guideline only. wouldnt leave the mower sit with dead weight on em. be broken in no time

Not sure what model it is .Swarther is been made by keltec engineering in limerick http://www.keltec.ie/home.html it`s with them at the moment will post a few pic`s when i see it working.

E4E00A89-3091-49D5-B444-D1E2E1285D5A-32549-00002837639E9095_zpscb17aeab.jpg

7B59D6B7-B15D-4004-91A2-48E565E9F07D-32549-000028375D5D94AC_zps2a219af8.jpg

F59B4FA1-715C-4423-94E8-CCC02107384B-32549-000028375439A806_zpsf67e78ea.jpg

CCBA493A-10E7-4450-B5EF-7A413BF7F5CB-32549-000028374DA140E0_zpsdd7a3176.jpg

What does the JF replace?

You will have to let us know how they get on with the in cab system on the telehandler

What does the JF replace?

You will have to let us know how they get on with the in cab system on the telehandler

Well they've been using the in cab boxes for a week now and they are spot on, far easier than the usual box, they got the pro feed system setup as well, it's really good for loading the feeder and it's handy being able to change rations wirelessly.

The aul GPS looks to be working well anyway. :D Tidy job.

Yeah it was working spot on, there was a wee hiccup at the start but it turned out to be operator error, I had to alter the working width but didnt alter the offset as well.

Do you not cut it all off one side ?

I tried a bit like that but we found the tedder was going better when it was following the mower so I was laying 12 rows one way and 12 the other for the tedder to follow. Out of interest what tedder and rake do you run?

I tried a bit like that but we found the tedder was going better when it was following the mower so I was laying 12 rows one way and 12 the other for the tedder to follow. Out of interest what tedder and rake do you run?

Claas 770 tedder, Claas 2900 rake, mow all of ours off one side with claas mowers & never have a problem tedding or rowing it up. was there much grass on yours?

Claas 770 tedder, Claas 2900 rake, mow all of ours off one side with claas mowers & never have a problem tedding or rowing it up. was there much grass on yours?

It's a claas 770 Tedder we have as well, not all the time but sometimes it does go better when following the mower, having the luxury of autotrac it doesn't matter to me how I mow it. There wasn't a huge crop of grass but to get three cuts done we need to get it done before to long, meant to be starting at the main farm the end if this week.

Fraser what do you lift with? what does the 78 do at silage?

Its a contractor with either a 7350 or there new 7380 that chops it. The 78 is just on a trailer this year, it used to do all the mowing but it doesnt have a front pto so was demoted this year.

Back