More building work

Got the pit ready for concreting, only 297 cube needed.:eek:

720B8098-94B9-4AB8-92AD-058D0E95C070-45803-00003930290540C7_zps7f728c71.jpg

5925572A-8EB9-409D-8FE7-4B61CB87C13D-45803-000039300E5FBC71_zpsdda28fde.jpg

are they pre cast sections, bolted together, or just butted up to each other.
i take it there is a water bar between them.

are they pre cast sections, bolted together, or just butted up to each other.
i take it there is a water bar between them.

Yeah they're precast, they are just butted together, there's no water bar between them once they are all concreted in the joints are all sealed with mastic then the whole panel and joints are painted with resin.

Yeah they're precast, they are just butted together, there's no water bar between them once they are all concreted in the joints are all sealed with mastic then the whole panel and joints are painted with resin.
i take it that holds the best?

once the slab is laid on top of them, or partly at least, id imagine they would be well tight.

i take it that holds the best?

once the slab is laid on top of them, or partly at least, id imagine they would be well tight.

The slab doesn't actually cover the panels, they have about 10 lengths of rebar sticking out them about 50cm long, then you wire extra 1.5 m rebar onto some of them and onto the mesh in the slab aswell, ill get some pics tomorrow

The slab doesn't actually cover the panels, they have about 10 lengths of rebar sticking out them about 50cm long, then you wire extra 1.5 m rebar onto some of them and onto the mesh in the slab aswell, ill get some pics tomorrow
you would think they would be longer.
but i get what your on about.
would it not be a better job to set them lower, and pour 6" of concrete over the feet of them.

you would think they would be longer.
but i get what your on about.
would it not be a better job to set them lower, and pour 6" of concrete over the feet of them.

I suppose that would be even stronger right enough, that's the way the plans have always been, we did our first pit with the panels in 2001 and it's still up so should be fine.

how many " engines " are about the place?

The 250,000 includes the white diesel for the landrovers as well so theres 3 landrovers running white and then 9 tractors, 3 forklifts, 1 loading shovel, 1 combine and the dryer running red, the forager puts a fair bit through it as well when its here. Our tank has a pump with a keyfob system on it so when you fill up you put the reg no of the machine in, its amazing how much fuel goes through the pressure washers, road compressor, heaters and other things in a year.

Back