Ford/New Holland

I think the 26/36/46 had only one step..

The 56/66/76 had two steps

I have both types of fritz cab so I must measure the doors of each cos I think the one with the white b pillar has a door that is narrower at the top or at least it looks that way anyhow...

Also the white b pillar cab had a frame on front and back window..l. The blue b pillar had frameless front window

I think the 26/36/46 had only one step..

The 56/66/76 had two steps

I have both types of fritz cab so I must measure the doors of each cos I think the one with the white b pillar has a door that is narrower at the top or at least it looks that way anyhow...

Also the white b pillar cab had a frame on front and back window..l. The blue b pillar had frameless front window

Agree with all of that but hadn't realised that the 'white' cab had a window frame and I'm not entirely sure on that one.

Thanks Nash......not saying you're wrong or anything wonder if there might be more that two variants...

I took a white b pillar cab of our 6600 and that front window had a (rotting) frame... Where the blue b pillar cab I got to replace it has a frameless front window...

Another difference was the piece under the front window... On the white b pillar cab it is a piece of cut steel...but on the 6600 blue b pillar cab it is a piece of thick strong cut black foam.

All useless information but interesting all the same!

Would make for good questions on a ford classic tractor quiz section!!!!!

Thanks Nash......not saying you're wrong or anything wonder if there might be more that two variants...

I took a white b pillar cab of our 6600 and that front window had a (rotting) frame... Where the blue b pillar cab I got to replace it has a frameless front window...

Another difference was the piece under the front window... On the white b pillar cab it is a piece of cut steel...but on the 6600 blue b pillar cab it is a piece of thick strong cut black foam.

All useless information but interesting all the same!

Would make for good questions on a ford classic tractor quiz section!!!!!

You are jogging my memory now and I think we need some photos!

What was the cab like that you removed :thumbup::thumbup::cool:

I'm thinking too that there are a few versions of the earlier white cab to be honest especially looking at the doors.

There was another version on some EU tractors with rearward opening doors as well.

A few months back I looked into trying to see if parts could be got in France/Germany for these cabs but alas despite the company still going it was to no avail.

Oh and Ptk, I'm more often wrong than right so please correct me.

PS, I think it was Blue Ray who we had this discussion with in the past [MENTION=846]Blue Ray[/MENTION]

You are jogging my memory now and I think we need some photos!

What was the cab like that you removed :thumbup::thumbup::cool:

I'm thinking too that there are a few versions of the earlier white cab to be honest especially looking at the doors.

There was another version on some EU tractors with rearward opening doors as well.

A few months back I looked into trying to see if parts could be got in France/Germany for these cabs but alas despite the company still going it was to no avail.

Oh and Ptk, I'm more often wrong than right so please correct me.

PS, I think it was Blue Ray who we had this discussion with in the past [MENTION=846]Blue Ray[/MENTION]

Lurker here!

I have had a few of both versions:

"White" B pillar
Front window had a frame,
Steel bonnet surround
Non opening side windows
Higher than the later one

Blue Pillar
Opening side windows
Rubber around bonnet and trim around dash
Frameless front window

There were also differet combinations of doors and mudguards depending on the 3600, 4600 or 6600.

It is a horrid cab!

Lurker here!

I have had a few of both versions:

"White" B pillar
Front window had a frame,
Steel bonnet surround
Non opening side windows
Higher than the later one

Blue Pillar
Opening side windows
Rubber around bonnet and trim around dash
Frameless front window

There were also differet combinations of doors and mudguards depending on the 3600, 4600 or 6600.

It is a horrid cab!

You are not a lurker now :thumbup: - thanks for that!

I hadn't realised about the side windows myself!

What do you mean about trim around dash - is that the lower dash around the steering column where some had steel plates but later blue ones and hard rubber.

What is the story then with the mudguards/doors in your view - I think the blue ones were all the same to be honest.

I wonder what is the deluxe version like - it can't be that noisy!

The Q cab was way oversized IMV and as for the back window :rolleyes:

If this weather ever picks up I must pull our collection of Fords/NH into a stubble field

Ford 2000, Ford 6600 Q cab, Ford 7600 Q cab, Ford 8210 Q cab, Ford TW15 SQ cab, NH 8340, NH TM155

Few MF aswel

Fergie 20, MF130,135,165,175 a 178 in bits and a 565

You are not a lurker now :thumbup: - thanks for that!

I hadn't realised about the side windows myself!

What do you mean about trim around dash - is that the lower dash around the steering column where some had steel plates but later blue ones and hard rubber.

What is the story then with the mudguards/doors in your view - I think the blue ones were all the same to be honest.

I wonder what is the deluxe version like - it can't be that noisy!

The Q cab was way oversized IMV and as for the back window :rolleyes:

The later one had vinyl riveted around the steering column. The earlier one might have had it too for some models, but I dont know.

The doors are completely different in the later and earlier one. Different shape, and the later ones resemble the doors on the Ford AP cab a bit.

By way of introduction I currently have

2x Ford 4600
1x Ford 4000
1x Ford 550
1x New Holland TS115

So I like blue things! The 4600s comprise a former Fritz cabbed 1979 model and a 1981 Q cab.

I used to have a 1975 safety cabbed 4600 and a 1977 Frtizmeier cabbed 3600.

The later one had vinyl riveted around the steering column. The earlier one might have had it too for some models, but I dont know.

The doors are completely different in the later and earlier one. Different shape, and the later ones resemble the doors on the Ford AP cab a bit.
I used to have a 1975 safety cabbed 4600 and a 1977 Frtizmeier cabbed 3600.

In the highlighted bit are you referring to solely the white pillar ones or both versions.

I think all the blue pillar ones had the same doors and as you say are similar to the Ford LP cab doors from the early tractors so not a LP/2.

I think the white pillar ones had several different doors but we have had none of them here.

I agree with you on the steering column material!

By the way, former Fritz cabbed - did you dethrone it?

We had this debate on here previously and I can definitively say the narrow pillars came later on.

1978 was the changeover year I think we said.

But certainly there is a 4600 from 1977 near here with the white pillar and a member has a 1977 4100 with the same cab. Our 3600 on the other hand is 1979 and it has the blue middle pillar.

I think there may also be some differences in the ones with white pillars as some had very steep door frames.
Yes Nash your spot on we had a '77 6600 which had the white slanted pillars while our neighbours have a '79 6600 with the blue pillars.I always knew that the slanted pillar was older but never knew the changeover year
Thanks
All Fords here ever since tractors started arriving on the farm.The first was a Ford Nan followed by 4 consequtive Majors and a Super Dexta.In 77 a brand new 6600 with a Fritzmeier cab was bought from Colemans in Millstreet in 89 a 1 year old 2wd 7610 Sq joined the 6600 then in 93 a 1 year old 7810 replaced the 6600 in 06 when we stopped ilking we sold the 7810 leaving just the 7610 which Im currently restoring. So as you can see theres blue running through my veins :D

I think the white pillar ones had several different doors but we have had none of them here.

The doors on the 3600 can were completely different on the older cab. They had additional platees welded to make them wider. Not sure really if the more modern doors were different on the different models.

By the way, former Fritz cabbed - did you dethrone it?

Yes. It was a later cabbed one. Cab was rotten so it got good mudgaurds. I plan on fitting the frame to it so it will have a continental style canopy. It is used for wrapping and on the haybob mostly.

The doors on the 3600 can were completely different on the older cab. They had additional platees welded to make them wider. Not sure really if the more modern doors were different on the different models.

Yes. It was a later cabbed one. Cab was rotten so it got good mudgaurds. I plan on fitting the frame to it so it will have a continental style canopy. It is used for wrapping and on the haybob mostly.

It is amazing all of the variants thatappear to be out there - I'd want to be carefull so if I could find one of those to go on our 3000 instead of the current Lambourne LTC 56 cab.

It is amazing all of the variants thatappear to be out there - I'd want to be carefull so if I could find one of those to go on our 3000 instead of the current Lambourne LTC 56 cab.

A Fritzmeier looks silly on a 3000. Far too big IMO and worse than a Q on a 3600.

The lambourne isn't a bad cab. I have a Mk6 on the 4000. Rusty though and it is coming off in the coming weeks. I'd love a new C&G, but not sure if the buget is there for that madness!

A Fritzmeier looks silly on a 3000. Far too big IMO and worse than a Q on a 3600.

The lambourne isn't a bad cab. I have a Mk6 on the 4000. Rusty though and it is coming off in the coming weeks. I'd love a new C&G, but not sure if the buget is there for that madness!

Not so sure on a Q cab on a 3600.

I'll agree with you on the C&G!

Here is the 3600.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375391194162.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375391194162.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 56
Another difference is the piece attached to the front of the mudguard I.e. between the mudguard and the door...in the white pillar of mine it is steel...in the blue pillar it is fibreglass....l

Do both versions have a gap left between the top of the blue frame and the white roof?

One advantage with the Fritzmeir cab is the eight stud back axle on the 4600.

Much easier to sort wider/narrower wheels as a result.

I note the one for sale is now sold, well wear to the new owner, a bargain at that IMV.

Do both versions have a gap left between the top of the blue frame and the white roof?

I think so.

What is the story with the 8 stud axle? Is it the same internals? As you said, our fritzmeier cabbed 4600 has an 8 stud and the later Q cabbed 4600 a 6 stud.

I think so.

What is the story with the 8 stud axle? Is it the same internals? As you said, our fritzmeier cabbed 4600 has an 8 stud and the later Q cabbed 4600 a 6 stud.

I would have thought so but perhaps the halfshafts are heavier? I have never been in those myself I must admit.

8 stud is much handier as can swap 5000 wheels across. :cool:

Was having a look through my collection and I have brochures from Ford for all models bar the 6600. Some may also notice a rare Ford model...

These are a mix of French and German brochures, unfortunately I have no Irish ones. If anyone wants anything specific just shout but I hope these come out decent....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375734360538.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375734360538.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 65
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375734373553.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375734373553.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 58
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375734387190.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375734387190.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 59
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375734396414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375734396414.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 57
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375734406852.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375734406852.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 53
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375734420498.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375734420498.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 56
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375734438977.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375734438977.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 59
Was having a look through my collection and I have brochures from Ford for all models bar the 6600. Some may also notice a rare Ford model...

These are a mix of French and German brochures, unfortunately I have no Irish ones. If anyone wants anything specific just shout but I hope these come out decent....

Mother must have the bed stripped for you tonight Nash!! New sheets!! :lol:

When I was delving through the brochures above I also came across some for the industrial versions for both 600 series and 10 series.

Any differences in these and the more usual blue versions?

Back