Bog Mans Archive

Bog Man

Class Brochures
CLASS001.jpg

CLASS1001.jpg

Class2001.jpg

Last edited:
Paddy Morrisey a brother of Dan Morrissey Sand and Gravel had a steam engine and treshing mill . The steam engine had a leaky boiler so my father supplied the tractor in partnership to go round and drive the mill. There was fuel rationing so he kept track of all fuel and hours . Many of these people are still our neighbours in one form or another .
010.jpg

Last edited:
The oil change was at 50 hours and it frequently got new spark plugs and other consumables . Like new tyres and even new wheel rims and the cylinder head cracked . It got a new head at one stage because the old one was in the scrap when I was a child .

Love that the handbrake was an option back then!!
Luckily he opted for the handbrake because when the oil seal leaked it was the only braking option .
He also opted for the raised PTO and the Auto clutch release was a waste of space . It was meant to activate the clutch if you hit a stone .

how would the allowence on the ferguson for the new tractor compare in todays terms percentage wise, dont want to side line this.

cab if fitted, did they allow u to fit it urself for less?

how would the allowence on the ferguson for the new tractor compare in todays terms percentage wise, dont want to side line this.

cab if fitted, did they allow u to fit it urself for less?

The TE 20 was 10 years old and made 1/6 of the price of the new Major . The rail charge of £11 is interesting as a lot of transport was done by rail .
The first Ford my father had was IC 3020 and the second one was IC 6040 .

Interesting to see the raised PTO, we went through a lot of Majors here and none had it. It was because Majors PTO speed was around 600 rpm rather than 540 if I remember correctly.

Were Stahams in Bunclody? That is a nice archive to have and well worth preserving.

Weldrite was owned by Gordon Brickenden still alive and well and living near Limerick .
012.jpg

They manufactured ...
011.jpg

The wheels of commerce did not always travel smoothly.

013.jpg

Would I be right in saying he/his family live west of the Shannon?

Back