Trailer floor plywood?

Blizzard95

Hello,
what im looking for is the name of the brown colored plywood, that used in trailer floors.
It is for sheep decks in an Ifor Williams, as the old ones are getting a bit shuck.
Any one ever buy this? and what size sheets are available?

Hello,

what im looking for is the name of the brown colored plywood, that used in trailer floors.

It is for sheep decks in an Ifor Williams, as the old ones are getting a bit shuck.

Any one ever buy this? and what size sheets are available?

There's a full thread on that stuff somewhere here, I can't think what the name of it is tho!

Thanks thats the name, i new there was a thread from a while back, but couldnt think of the name,
I wonder where can it be purchased?

Thanks thats the name, i new there was a thread from a while back, but couldnt think of the name,
I wonder where can it be purchased?
buffalo board its called.

wont be on every shelf.
west wood trailers, mc cullagh could get it or any trailer crowd really.

I bought some a while back, lad in leitrim who brought in a pallet from UK to do a few trailers, a lot cheaper than dealers and he had a couple of 10x5 sheets.....birch ply aka buffalo board..

I bought some a while back, lad in leitrim who brought in a pallet from UK to do a few trailers, a lot cheaper than dealers and he had a couple of 10x5 sheets.....birch ply aka buffalo board..

Thanks,
would you have any contact details for him?
i would need a 10x5 sheet, rather than 2 8x4

Good or bad idea?

Checker plate on top of stokboard for a small car trailer floor replacement.

Phenolic resin ply board or buffalo board seems same cost as checker plate but carriage cost is about 60euro. Whereas checker plate is available locally and can get stokboard from FRS.

Thinking the stokboard would help make up original thicknesses and give a little stiffness to the checker plate.

If I could find stockist in Cork of phenolic resin ply I’d probably do that

I re did a trailer with phenolic ply it didn't last 12months,check the grade before you buy.

Personally I'd use ally over wood.

would not be structural, get some 3x2 pressure treated timber more than sufficient for a small trailer, then brush waste oil on it every so often...................................or go for some T&G treat it with protin and cover it with alum checker plate........................................

a lot of them done with d rail or 6 inch fencing borad under the aluminium, timber spaced apart to stop swelling and dissorting the alu

treat the timber as the underside will be hit with wheel splash. Use tech7 silicone around the edges and it should last you if left outdoors before putting aluminium sheeting on top. I also put a a bit of folded 0.4mm strip of aluminium flat at the front , sides and at the tail when i did a job on my trailer.

treat the timber as the underside will be hit with wheel splash. Use tech7 silicone around the edges and it should last you if left outdoors before putting aluminium sheeting on top. I also put a a bit of folded 0.4mm strip of aluminium flat at the front , sides and at the tail when i did a job on my trailer.

So the aluminium is only used to sheet the timber, thanks :Thumbp2:

Lads anyone know someone in cork/tipp/limeric who stocks phenolic ply? badly need to refloor the 8x5 ifor. badly

Indespension in limerick would probably have it but I need someone open on saturdays.

Back