F1

Arthur

Anybody got an interest in this. Highlights from Bahrain on BBC2 NI at 10pm tonight, Mercedes seem to have it right this season, wheres Larry David for a bit of input:whistle:

I'm glad to see Red Bull no longer dominating.
I personally think it is better for the car industry when Merc, Renault, BMW or Ferrari own the teams and not soft drinks companies.
Though Lewis Hamilton gets under my skin, could never warm to him for some reason.

I'm glad to see Red Bull no longer dominating.
I personally think it is better for the car industry when Merc, Renault, BMW or Ferrari own the teams and not soft drinks companies.
Though Lewis Hamilton gets under my skin, could never warm to him for some reason.

To be fair the f1 cars are that far removed from the road cars it doesn't matter who owns them really. Agree with you on Hamilton though

A list of things that are now common on new cars that started life in F1, these few are only from memory and there are way more.
ABS
Traction control
Air bags
Run flat tyres
Crumple zones
Breakaway pedals and steering column in the event of a crash
The structural integrity of the cockpit
Aerodynamics
I believe every safety feature in every modern car owes some or all of its development to F1.
After watching Hamilton's actions towards his team mate in the race yesterday I have even less respect for him.

All started from f1 yes but would have been developed by anyone that owned teams and still made it to road cars

Sad day for F1 hope Jules Bianchi pulls through

Just finished watching a recorded version, took a long time for it to filter back to the commentators as they thought it was Sutil was the one in trouble, goes to show that with the supposed best safety rules there are still situations that will expose new and unexpected risks.

Just finished watching a recorded version, took a long time for it to filter back to the commentators as they thought it was Sutil was the one in trouble, goes to show that with the supposed best safety rules there are still situations that will expose new and unexpected risks.

Saw it on the nine news and it is hard to even follow what happened, it seemed he banged into the loader when the cameras were gone off it?

As long as he pulls through and is okay.

Saw it on the nine news and it is hard to even follow what happened, it seemed he banged into the loader when the cameras were gone off it?

As long as he pulls through and is okay.

saw it on the news last night, it seems he skidded off the track and under the teleporter that was moving sutils car , i think they have film of it but opted not to show it,was listening to the sports reports today and it was never mentioned whether bianchi was ok or not but they were able to drone on about golf as if anybody was interested

Seen a vid of the impact on youtube. ..

Whole roll bar/ frame behind driver gone....

His condition is critical but stable.... his family have asked for privacy

jesus lads, it takes some slap to lift a loader off the ground like that.
i sincerely hope the man is ok.

tbh, i just seen it there for the first time, i feel a bit sick...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1cwbtk6CkA"]Jules Bianchi's crash, suzuka GP 2014. - YouTube[/ame]

id have to ask, wtf was the loader doing there in the first place, i know they were removing another car, but the race could of been stopped, or at least they could of waited until it was somewhat clear.
there will be some inquest into this..

Jules Bianchi's crash, suzuka GP 2014. - YouTube

id have to ask, wtf was the loader doing there in the first place, i know they were removing another car, but the race could of been stopped, or at least they could of waited until it was somewhat clear.

only saw it for myself tonight too. I'd want to know why the boy above was waving a green flag

Jules Bianchi's crash, suzuka GP 2014. - YouTube

jesus thats bad alright,i thought the race was finished when it happened but listening to the noise in the background it seems to be still running. i see andrea de cesaris was killed in a motor bike crash this weekend, very few of those guys die in their beds anyway,he was locked up in a cell one weekend and michael schumacher was given his seat at jordan for his first race if i,m not mistaken

Looking like a run away for Mercedes again this season, both cars finishing over half a minute ahead of the 3rd place, it would take a lot of development over a season to gain that sort of time.

Very sad for his family and associates but it is also a relief as he could have been in that state for several years, on a similar note Michael Schumacher's progress is extremely slow if at all.

Very sad indeed. Schumachers family doesnt seem to be saying a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

alonso a lucky man to walk away in australia today, good performance from vettel hopefully he,ll keep mercedes on their toes

alonso a lucky man to walk away in australia today, good performance from vettel hopefully he,ll keep mercedes on their toes
Yes, it would be nice to see a bit of competition and not the walkover of the past 2 seasons.

Max Vestrappen becomes the youngest ever winner at the Spanish GP at age 18 helped no doubt by the Mercedes pair taking each other out on the first lap, the mood should be good in the Mercedes garage.

It's great to see a good smash, especially when no one is injured. It makes it so much more entertaining. It's amazing the way the 2 boys went from best of friends to biggest enemies, but that's what competition does. I'm tipping over to the British gp this year was there a few years ago and it right craic around the campsites

Max Vestrappen becomes the youngest ever winner at the Spanish GP at age 18 helped no doubt by the Mercedes pair taking each other out on the first lap, the mood should be good in the Mercedes garage.
Heard that vestrappen was flying in practice last week .local lad is his engineer at red bull

Back