Reliving Childhood Toys!

wdah

fixing cattle houses by day for people

reliving or soon to be reliving childhood by night, good old ebay

Go on...what did ya buy...

first lego technic set again, reading on other site about britains models other had, might be a good idea here, have tracked down my other sets too, but really like the look of a big remote control shovel.

at what point do we grow old?

I have a Lot of want for the unimog. Probably the closest I'll come to justifying a unimog to herself :)

first lego technic set again, reading on other site about britains models other had, might be a good idea here, have tracked down my other sets too, but really like the look of a big remote control shovel.

Ah yes I remember them, good fun, as are a lot of lego kits. Played a bit with knex years ago too.

When it comes to lego....... never!! :thumbup2:

Lego is the best toy ever, infused with britains tractors it just makes it all the better! I was given a set which had pneumatic rams, a pump and a load of valves and pipes in it. made tipping trailers and loaders galore!!

The little electric motors were awesome too, 4wd vehicles was my forte at one time!!

When it comes to lego....... never!! :thumbup2:

Lego is the best toy ever, infused with britains tractors it just makes it all the better! I was given a set which had pneumatic rams, a pump and a load of valves and pipes in it. made tipping trailers and loaders galore!!

The little electric motors were awesome too, 4wd vehicles was my forte at one time!!

Completely agree, build an entire fleet of machines from lego, have a fair selection of the modern technic as well.

Completely agree, build an entire fleet of machines from lego, have a fair selection of the modern technic as well.

It really builds the imagination doesn't it! I put my building and problem solving skils down to Lego!

It really builds the imagination doesn't it! I put my building and problem solving skils down to Lego!

It certainly does, the amount of head scratching that went on when I was a wee one was unreal at times, still the same now just slightly bigger bits to work with.:thumbup2:

Don't forget Meccano as well!

na not meccano, never got onto it and was too young for k nex, i think.

could we get a new tread for this, be better than some old silage rant over the winter would it? [MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION]

could we get a new tread for this, be better than some old silage rant over the winter would it? [MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION]

There you go [MENTION=2596]wdah[/MENTION]!

Create a thread yourself, just go the hobbies section and create a new thread there :thumbup:

hobbies section?:001_huh:

thanks nashmach

[MENTION=1475]candor[/MENTION] :whistle::whistle:

It all went south when Lego was mentioned!

Remember I had some fleet of Fastracs and Unimogs when I was at it!

what do u mean was at it?

slowly gathering up a few models here that i like the look of or else had in real life. some nice one offs being made by a few people at the minute, maybe they r no longer classed as toys.

Back in my pre teen days when I was big into Lego.

Think at one stage I had an example of nearly every farm machine built - no matter how crude!

Back in my pre teen days when I was big into Lego.

Think at one stage I had an example of nearly every farm machine built - no matter how crude!

Crudeness was only in the eyes of the on looker..... Nothing was ever crude when you were the builder!

Cousin has a remote control 360 and a loading shovel. Fantastic to have a play with!

I must say though, lego aint what it was, they seem to make all the bits to suit now. for instance the weight block of the 360 is moulded to suit the shape and take a sticker. rather than a yellow 10 by 5 knobbly board on its side!!!

Was it just me that the kits didn't last much longer than a week before they were built into other machines!

im a few years over the hill now, and the last set of technics lego i got was just three years ago.
ive been buying or getting lego for the best part of 30 years, there is a fair shot of it here.
as ayf says, your never too old for lego.
indeed, i took these pics on sunday.

the new stuff has got dear tho...

Attachments

• IMAG4482.jpg
    IMAG4482.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG4483.jpg
    IMAG4483.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 75
Always had Lego a lot of it.
I've started buying the city stuff for my nephew. I think I'm looking forward to making it more than he is.

Young lad here has started his Santa list, close on €500 worth of lego and is sure of it all coming because it is Santa after all, dunno whether I should be delighted or not.....;)

Young lad here has started his Santa list, close on €500 worth of lego and is sure of it all coming because it is Santa after all, dunno whether I should be delighted or not.....;)
i could only imagine what he will ask for when he is 17....:D

It seems Lego has gone away from the single moulds like AYF mentioned to the more traditional blocks?

That was around the time my interest waned when the axles were moulded on the chassis instead of in five pieces.

We done a lego morning a few times in the local hall - great community event and simple to setup - although we banned the little lego men as they started disappearing but nice selection of machines in the technics

imagefetch.ashx

i had a britains ford tw and an orange back actor on it when i was a cub.
it got the world of use, and iirc it eventually got broke, its not about now anyways.
so for nostalgia i watched e bay a few years ago until the same one came up again, its a slightly rarer model as it had two drivers on it.
a lot of patient waiting, and on one xmas eve a few years ago i managed to pip the last bidder to win the exact one.
a week on, and ...£120... quid later and i was the proud owner.
well sort of, its still in its box, it wont be cuming out, and is packed away with the couple of hundred other models thats in the toy store.
i just know its there is all.

the price sticker is still on it from back in the day.
£8.99 iirc.

before ye all start digging out yer old britains gear, it needs to be in the original box for it to be worth any decent money mind...
wont be too many about like that id say...:lol:

Back