What are you up to in the workshop?

Tidy job on the gates there [MENTION=3116]AHC[/MENTION], we have the same across the front of the hay shed for when we go away as the dog here has a habit of wandering and it's the only way we can keep her in.

Started into stripping the Redrock slurry pump today as for the last couple of years she has been spilling slurry out onto the yard just below the gearbox.

Turned out that dried slurry had built up below the gearbox so I'm hoping that has sorted the problem. How tight should the rubber bearing be at the bottom of the shaft? Dad got the mechanic to change it a couple of years back but the shaft appears very loose in it to me.

Taking the opportunity to paint the red bits on her while I'm at it and weld the stop for the direction handle back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so much the workshop for this picture but Mrs AHC isn't so keen on the dogs being locked up in a house but I'm not so keen on gathering up dog sh""e from all over my top yard. So they've now had their area cut down considerably!!

View attachment 26206

View attachment 26207

After that wee job I took a bit more of a go on my trailer project. Taking all wheels off to be able to paint underneath it handy and for future aswell.
Can get three sets off no bother but one set will not budge, wheel nuts all off and sledging from underneath no use. Put two wheels on the front axle left no wheel nuts on the one I want off and screwed it about the yard still no movement. Any1 any bright ideas? TIA

Do you mean that the rims are stuck onto the axle .
If so I have used a bottle jack and a sturdy bit or timber and jacked it from the wheel on the opposite side.

Do you mean that the rims are stuck onto the axle .

If so I have used a bottle jack and a sturdy bit or timber and jacked it from the wheel on the opposite side.

To be fair I never thought of that. I was thinking I needed to get our portapower from my dads to try it but maybe the bottle jack idea would work too!! :thumbup:

To be fair I never thought of that. I was thinking I needed to get our portapower from my dads to try it but maybe the bottle jack idea would work too!! [emoji106]
Put the other wheels back on, load her up the to the hilt and turn sharp in the yard! [emoji106]

I'd be fair handy with the sledge and it didn't budge it one inch. Probly because I was lying on my back you couldn't get a good swing at it.
it is well on isnt it.
id stand on the outside , put the timber up against the rim on the bottom and hit it inwards.
it ill do the same trick normally.

been at this the other day, one of the old tyres was well cracked and had a tube put in it so after letting me down the other day tanking i bit the bullet and stuck these on:thumbup:

Attachments

• 112274-307ab093c305684abb7b9b7cb9ec4cbf.jpg
    112274-307ab093c305684abb7b9b7cb9ec4cbf.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 112276-ea26161fce2e679d754e0e8e929568c7.jpg
    112276-ea26161fce2e679d754e0e8e929568c7.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 112278-be2491c005558e7fc356baea3fab708e.jpg
    112278-be2491c005558e7fc356baea3fab708e.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 112280-c687362448887e53089b7c724ef11b3f.jpg
    112280-c687362448887e53089b7c724ef11b3f.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 112282-6d9485387c226dcad0d8a24adf781ba3.jpg
    112282-6d9485387c226dcad0d8a24adf781ba3.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 98
been at this the other day, one of the old tyres was well cracked and had a tube put in it so after letting me down the other day tanking i bit the bullet and stuck these on:thumbup:

Serious tyres :thumbup:
Did the guy that fitted them bring them with him?

it is well on isnt it.
id stand on the outside , put the timber up against the rim on the bottom and hit it inwards.
it ill do the same trick normally.

I'll try that aswell, maybe put the jack in behind it and then slap the other side with the sledge. It's well stuck alright!!

Tidy job on the gates there [MENTION=3116]AHC[/MENTION], we have the same across the front of the hay shed for when we go away as the dog here has a habit of wandering and it's the only way we can keep her in.

Started into stripping the Redrock slurry pump today as for the last couple of years she has been spilling slurry out onto the yard just below the gearbox.

Turned out that dried slurry had built up below the gearbox so I'm hoping that has sorted the problem. How tight should the rubber bearing be at the bottom of the shaft? Dad got the mechanic to change it a couple of years back but the shaft appears very loose in it to me.

Taking the opportunity to paint the red bits on her while I'm at it and weld the stop for the direction handle back on.

well wen the rubber bearing is new its a job to bate it in its that tight of a fit. shouldnt really be any play. its not a dear item so id be inclined to stick in a new one if ya have play. should improve it no end

Those tyres fairly set her off there!

What model is that? 8130?

well wen the rubber bearing is new its a job to bate it in its that tight of a fit. shouldnt really be any play. its not a dear item so id be inclined to stick in a new one if ya have play. should improve it no end

The mechanic was supposed to have fitted a new rubber bearing 2 years ago if I remember right and she wouldn't have done anymore than 2 or 3 hours mixing since tbh.

I doubt he's pulled a fast one! It shouldn't have worn out that fast should it?

The mechanic was supposed to have fitted a new rubber bearing 2 years ago if I remember right and she wouldn't have done anymore than 2 or 3 hours mixing since tbh.

I doubt he's pulled a fast one! It shouldn't have worn out that fast should it?

nah it should last a couple of hundred hours on average. it would wear out prematurely if it was left spinning dry ie wen the tank is empty. maybe wrong bearing was used?

nah it should last a couple of hundred hours on average. it would wear out prematurely if it was left spinning dry ie wen the tank is empty. maybe wrong bearing was used?

That's quite possible too that the wrong bearing was fitted, she wouldn't have been run dry anyway.

It's definitely not tight the way it sits at the minute and I would say that is adding to the reason for the slurry coming too far up and out at the gearbox.

That's quite possible too that the wrong bearing was fitted, she wouldn't have been run dry anyway.

It's definitely not tight the way it sits at the minute and I would say that is adding to the reason for the slurry coming too far up and out at the gearbox.

it shuld last a lot longer than that tbh.
there is different lths of them tho, might of fitted the wrong lth maybe.

if it was working along time worn before the marine bearing was changed then the shaft could be worn and will have to be changed or built up or there will alway's be play

if it was working along time worn before the marine bearing was changed then the shaft could be worn and will have to be changed or built up or there will alway's be play

it shuld last a lot longer than that tbh.
there is different lths of them tho, might of fitted the wrong lth maybe.

I don't think the shaft is worn but haven't got her fully opened up yet to check, will know better when I get a better look.

If he has fitted the wrong type how would I get the correct one? Or should all the redrock ones be the same?

jack_c;364173 If he has fitted the wrong type how would I get the correct one? Or should all the redrock ones be the same? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE said:
Edit: wasn't thinking there, sure I can just measure the diameter of the shaft and the inside diameter of the outer tubing and get one to suit

I don't think the shaft is worn but haven't got her fully opened up yet to check, will know better when I get a better look.

If he has fitted the wrong type how would I get the correct one? Or should all the redrock ones be the same?

ring redrock and tell them what she is and they will either give you the correct part number or post one out to you and stick it in yourself.

Back