Time to be getting notions again.
Whats the best rake lads find?
Either new or fairly fresh.

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

Time to be getting notions again.
Whats the best rake lads find?
Either new or fairly fresh.

only two seasons completed but very happy with the class 2700. only problem was catch was gettin it hard to release due to a screwed out ram

I'd chose a new type Claas too, never liked the old ones but the new ones are much improved. Wouldn't be overly impressed with a Krone rake I used a few times

only two seasons completed but very happy with the class 2700. only problem was catch was gettin it hard to release due to a screwed out ram
Is the 2700 not a bit big for a baler in a heavy crop? Id bale a good bit after a 2600 and in a heavy crop its a bit row of stuff going into a baler!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

maybe 12 arms? yes i think its standard on anything bar the 2600. hydraulic width is very simple yet effective
What's it like in unconditioned grass? Would you get a reasonable forward speed in most crops?
Yeah used a 2800 before its a good system and makes it very low on the road
Is the 2700 not a bit big for a baler in a heavy crop? Id bale a good bit after a 2600 and in a heavy crop its a bit row of stuff going into a baler!

Would rake alot of stuff into 30ft rows anyway

slip clutch got a half turn so no problem since. every single field was rowed up this year. usually be baling in the b range in a jd, not too sure on speed.

What's it like in unconditioned grass? Would you get a reasonable forward speed in most crops?
Yeah used a 2800 before its a good system and makes it very low on the road

Would rake alot of stuff into 30ft rows anyway

most the mowing is done with a 10.5ft non conditioned mower. rakes it in perfect. maybe one less gear than conditioned. maybe in a few years itl be more of a problme but so far so good

2700 claas hard to beat. Four different widths, just move pin to which ever hole. Thirteen arms per side so good clean raking and tidy row. We're on our second one now, well pleased with them. We rake 95% of stuff we bale even some wet crops this year bulking 20 bales to acre.

Looks like the claas is the daddy so.
I suppose you'd pick up a tidy 2700 for in around 10k?

Krone every time for me had a 900 and a Claas 2900 in a field side by side at second cut this year, krone was a good gear faster and leaving a far tidier finish and row

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Have had 1 Pottinger, was OK at the time, a KV which I thought was better so bought a slightly wider KV and it was a heap of sh1te, endured it for 2 seasons and bought a Claas 2800 which to date has done approx 20,000 acres compared to the KV which was got rid of at 4000 acres.
Have you had any bother with the splines in the tubing wearing?

Have you had any bother with the splines in the tubing wearing?

No problem in that area even though there is talk of some wearing excessively, that is one of the weaknesses in the KV design, Hard to better the Claas method for tine bar retention unless you go for a solid bar like Krone did with 3 hinged ones for transport.

The last time a kv rake was mentioned on here lads didn't tink much of them.
Are you happy with the claas

yes happy enough with the claas just came across the kv while on net other night only issue with the claas really is a couple of slightly bent tine arms that don't want to come off

No problem in that area even though there is talk of some wearing excessively, that is one of the weaknesses in the KV design, Hard to better the Claas method for tine bar retention unless you go for a solid bar like Krone did with 3 hinged ones for transport.
What's the story when they wear then? I suppose grease would only speed up the wear
I haven't seen a krone in person.
I'd like a look I've heard a few lads saying they give trouble in the cam track as they get older.
yes happy enough with the claas just came across the kv while on net other night only issue with the claas really is a couple of slightly bent tine arms that don't want to come off

What's the story when they wear then? I suppose grease would only speed up the wear
I haven't seen a krone in person.
I'd like a look I've heard a few lads saying they give trouble in the cam track as they get older.

Presume you mean wear in the Claas, Think it was a bad batch that got the wear reputation and it's in the past however if you were after a S/H one well if there is a pile of play in the sockets avoid it, I'd put a smear of grease on them all at the start of the season, can't say it has done any harm.

Presume you mean wear in the Claas, Think it was a bad batch that got the wear reputation and it's in the past however if you were after a S/H one well if there is a pile of play in the sockets avoid it, I'd put a smear of grease on them all at the start of the season, can't say it has done any harm.
Would that be the 780 880 models rather than the newer breed?

The splines on the first of the newer type claas rakes would wear rightly, they beefed them up slightly to stop them wearing as fast a couple years ago. Problem is if you need to buy new tine bar it's slightly too big to fit old holder so have to grind down splines slightly.

Back