Power washer

muckymanor

We have a pto power washer with a turbo lance. It's great, but to be honest, it has a big long heavy hose. It has to be put on and taken off the tractor when you use it. You have to change back the head to wash down machinery etc.

I was thinking about a petrol power washer. Nothing too expensive, but something suitable for washing down cars, jeep, tractor, trailers etc. It would be handy to be able to throw it into the back of the jeep and be able to wash down the trailer on the outfarm.

Anyone recommend something suitable that will suck from a barrel?

[MENTION=5120]muckymanor[/MENTION] what part of the country are you in? Not trying to be nosey but no point suggesting somewhere if it's too far from you.

[MENTION=5120]muckymanor[/MENTION] what part of the country are you in? Not trying to be nosey but no point suggesting somewhere if it's too far from you.
North west but travel the midlands daily and to the west weekly.

Sent from my LG-D686 using Tapatalk

Try Howden in bawnboy. Probably better to get one with a gear box and Honda engine.

Cut your way in, weld your way out!!!

Kelly's cleaning equipment in Donegal town. Would have top notch stuff but not cheap

Is that lad your on about first name Iaasc ?:thumbup:
We bought our Honda power washer off Issac maybe twenty years ago . Feckin wish we had spent a few Shekels more on a diesel one as it gets through the petrol at an alarming rate .

No, I totally forgot about him tbh. Sound man. The lad I was thinking of is http://www.carlowengineering.com/index.shtml

The seals or something went in the pump and it had a gearbox and the pump was an oddball and parts not available . So we got Carlow Engineering to fit a new pump to the old Honda . I think there was a few options available with new gearbox or direct drive cannot remember which we went for or how much it cost as I just used it once . I think we might have changed the oil in the Honda twice in twenty years and put a few strings in the pull start .

A Hawk pump with no gearbox .
20151124_101330.jpg

20151124_101345.jpg

Do you have power at both sites got a small kacher electric washer with turbo nozzle over the summer for washing out the spinner and giving the tractor a quick wash down very happy with it except I could do with a longer hose

We bought our Honda power washer off Issac maybe twenty years ago . Feckin wish we had spent a few Shekels more on a diesel one as it gets through the petrol at an alarming rate .

The seals or something went in the pump and it had a gearbox and the pump was an oddball and parts not available . So we got Carlow Engineering to fit a new pump to the old Honda . I think there was a few options available with new gearbox or direct drive cannot remember which we went for or how much it cost as I just used it once . I think we might have changed the oil in the Honda twice in twenty years and put a few strings in the pull start .

He is supposed to know powerwashers backwards and inside out

Do you have power at both sites got a small kacher electric washer with turbo nozzle over the summer for washing out the spinner and giving the tractor a quick wash down very happy with it except I could do with a longer hose

does a turbo nozzle make much difference. would it lift paint if ya used it on a tractor

does a turbo nozzle make much difference. would it lift paint if ya used it on a tractor

Far too severe for using on a tractor . It will peel paint . In fact , A turbo nozzle will lift poor concrete out of it, and take the "finish " off a shuttered wall. A great yoke , but be very careful using it.

Turbo nozzle will take all before and after it.
When the old lad used restore tractors I used spend a few hours with a hot washer and a turbo nozzle.
It would remove any rust completely and take most of the paint off

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

We have a pto power washer with a turbo lance. It's great, but to be honest, it has a big long heavy hose. It has to be put on and taken off the tractor when you use it. You have to change back the head to wash down machinery etc.

I was thinking about a petrol power washer. Nothing too expensive, but something suitable for washing down cars, jeep, tractor, trailers etc. It would be handy to be able to throw it into the back of the jeep and be able to wash down the trailer on the outfarm.

Anyone recommend something suitable that will suck from a barrel?

There's a Honda one with a gearbox in kilclare for I think €1300

Cut your way in, weld your way out!!!

The best power washer for around the farm would have a Honda 11 hp GX340 or 13 hp GX390 engine and a gearbox between the engine and pump to reduce engine speed. Honda engines usually take one pull of the rope with choke on no matter if they're parked up for 6 months, anything less than 11 hp wont have adequate washing power, preferably get one with more than 15l/min output. I have the 11 hp version and it's on a trolley-I find it very handy around the yard coupled to an IBC of water on a bogey. I'd avoid the cheap Chinese petrol washers no matter how attractive the price is, too many of them are in the scrapyard after a few gallons of petrol used. Also they have a copy of the Honda engine which looks very alike but nothing like the quality. Buy once, buy well.
MF30

The best power washer for around the farm would have a Honda 11 hp GX340 or 13 hp GX390 engine and a gearbox between the engine and pump to reduce engine speed. Honda engines usually take one pull of the rope with choke on no matter if they're parked up for 6 months, anything less than 11 hp wont have adequate washing power, preferably get one with more than 15l/min output. I have the 11 hp version and it's on a trolley-I find it very handy around the yard coupled to an IBC of water on a bogey. I'd avoid the cheap Chinese petrol washers no matter how attractive the price is, too many of them are in the scrapyard after a few gallons of petrol used. Also they have a copy of the Honda engine which looks very alike but nothing like the quality. Buy once, buy well.

MF30

Would have to agree on the Honda engines. Have the 13hp one here with a 22l/m pump absolute beast to wash sheds out with and the turbo nozzle really makes a job of it, find it uses less water with the turbo nozzle too. But cannot be let near anything with paint work [emoji23]

The best power washer for around the farm would have a Honda 11 hp GX340 or 13 hp GX390 engine and a gearbox between the engine and pump to reduce engine speed. Honda engines usually take one pull of the rope with choke on no matter if they're parked up for 6 months, anything less than 11 hp wont have adequate washing power, preferably get one with more than 15l/min output.
If you look at the first post though, he isnt looking for a heavy duty washer for washing down sheds etc, but a handy yoke for washing machinery etc.
The likes of this should be ample and seems mighty value..

http://www.donedeal.ie/tools-for-sale/honda-power-washer/11085236?offset=4

Ended up buying a 2200 psi, 9 litre/min petrol power washer from a local dealer @ €400 last week. It has a briggs and stratton engine which is pretty reliable and very servicable and a Troy pump. Its a pretty standard one with 5 removable nozzles including a turbo nozzle. The dealer gave a 2 year warranty on it and he is well placed to service it in the future. The equivalent honda engine power washer was coming in at a minimum of €800. I felt that I could not justify this price for the amount of work that I will be doing with it. But I feel that I got a good engined washer at the right price That said, it will be ideal for washing cars, jeep, machinery etc. Have to paint the house this year for the first time and there is a scum on it - powerwasher will apply detergent to remove it. Tested it yesterday and very happy with it overall.

Ended up buying a 2200 psi, 9 litre/min petrol power washer from a local dealer @ €400 last week. It has a briggs and stratton engine which is pretty reliable and very servicable and a Troy pump. Its a pretty standard one with 5 removable nozzles including a turbo nozzle. The dealer gave a 2 year warranty on it and he is well placed to service it in the future. The equivalent honda engine power washer was coming in at a minimum of €800. I felt that I could not justify this price for the amount of work that I will be doing with it. But I feel that I got a good engined washer at the right price That said, it will be ideal for washing cars, jeep, machinery etc. Have to paint the house this year for the first time and there is a scum on it - powerwasher will apply detergent to remove it. Tested it yesterday and very happy with it overall.

Is that for new? Sounds good value. Wouldn't mind buying one myself at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back