new holland t7.210 - how to calibrate???

Ptk44

A new holland t7.210 POWER COMMAND - its very jumpy through the gears.. and thought the fitrst port of call woudl be to calibrate the gearbox..

what is the exact sequence in terms of buttons etc. to get it to calibrate itself?? are there any do's and dont's - i presume you cant do it wrong or do damage ??

I think laoisfarmer has one??? probable loads others here too..

also auto mode.. how do you select auto transport as opposed to auto field??

@laoisfarmer

Thanks

Have a 235 but not sure on calibration sequence , ours has gone very jumpy in auto as well and needs calibration, it's not in The book but I think I wrote it down last time I did it if not a call to a good nh mechanic and he will tell you over the phone . On calibration the most important thing is to have transmission warm and go through the full sequence it's not automatic like the older models and when each pack finishes you have to select the next one

For auto road I think once you select it in gear 12 or over its road and there are two field modes I think it just depends when you select it , never work auto field but often us auto road but not recently as in gears 12/15 it can't make up its mind and drops back before going up .

Hanbrake on clutch in shuttle in neutral start tractor while holding the upshift and downshift together. 1200rpm and select reverse on shuttle I think then let clutch out you should be in calibration mode at this stage. Select each pack while holding down the downshift button you will feel tractpr starting to calibrate. Keep button pressed to sequence finishes then select next pack and go again. once you've done all turn tractor on and off again thats you ready to go. Take machine for a good run first as it will not go into calibration mode to the oil temp is above a certain level. Its something like this youll figure it out once you get into it

Hanbrake on clutch in shuttle in neutral start tractor while holding the upshift and downshift together. 1200rpm and select reverse on shuttle I think then let clutch out you should be in calibration mode at this stage. Select each pack while holding down the downshift button you will feel tractpr starting to calibrate. Keep button pressed to sequence finishes then select next pack and go again. once you've done all turn tractor on and off again thats you ready to go. Take machine for a good run first as it will not go into calibration mode to the oil temp is above a certain level. Its something like this youll figure it out once you get into it
That's about it on the older models but do you have to do through a few things on the dash first to get to transmission calibration on the the new ones ?

A new holland t7.210 POWER COMMAND - its very jumpy through the gears.. and thought the fitrst port of call woudl be to calibrate the gearbox..

what is the exact sequence in terms of buttons etc. to get it to calibrate itself?? are there any do's and dont's - i presume you cant do it wrong or do damage ??

I think laoisfarmer has one??? probable loads others here too..

also auto mode.. how do you select auto transport as opposed to auto field??

@laoisfarmer

Thanks
Ahhhhhhhhh, should of gone 'vario r us'

In the older TMs you had to put shuttle in forward I think... But in these you're saying reverse ok.

How will you know when a pack has finished calibrating ?

Handbrake on, shuttle in N, hold down clutch, depress and hold downshift and upshift buttons, start engine and release buttons, carefully release clutch pedal, do not leave the seat because of the seat switch, depress the upshift button twice and if the temperature is between 10 and 60 degrees 'CL' will be displayed, with 'CL' in the display depress the upshift button again and the display will change to 'Dt' , depress the clutch pedal and move the shuttle lever to forward, release the clutch, momentarily depress the auto switch, the engine speed will increase to 1200rpm and the calibration will start, the clutches will now calibrate one by one automatically, when the sequence is complete 'End' will appear in the display, Key off engine and wait for 10 seconds for values to be stored.

Handbrake on, shuttle in N, hold down clutch, depress and hold downshift and upshift buttons, start engine and release buttons, carefully release clutch pedal, do not leave the seat because of the seat switch, depress the upshift button twice and if the temperature is between 10 and 60 degrees 'CL' will be displayed, with 'CL' in the display depress the upshift button again and the display will change to 'Dt' , depress the clutch pedal and move the shuttle lever to forward, release the clutch, momentarily depress the auto switch, the engine speed will increase to 1200rpm and the calibration will start, the clutches will now calibrate one by one automatically, when the sequence is complete 'End' will appear in the display, Key off engine and wait for 10 seconds for values to be stored.

a couple of quick Q's while I'm at it...

also.. what is the button at the back of the joystick for as its a power command gearbox?
if there are 2 field modes and a transport mode how do you select either field mode.. there seems to be 3 different symbols coming up on the screen a trailer (for transport) a plough (for field) but also at one stage there was a tortoise which I am unsure of how we ended up on there which we could onyl get out of by turning off the tractor??

spot on thanks to all replies.. waiting on the op manual to come in the post!

a couple of quick Q's while I'm at it...

also.. what is the button at the back of the joystick for as its a power command gearbox?
if there are 2 field modes and a transport mode how do you select either field mode.. there seems to be 3 different symbols coming up on the screen a trailer (for transport) a plough (for field) but also at one stage there was a tortoise which I am unsure of how we ended up on there which we could onyl get out of by turning off the tractor??

spot on thanks to all replies.. waiting on the op manual to come in the post!
Is it sidewinder joystick, if so the button activates a float facility for the valves controlled from the joystick, to set it hold in the button then depress and hold the retract side of the appropriate valve. release the joystick button. On the auto modes there are only 2 modes, field with the plough symbol and transport with the trailer symbol.

Is it sidewinder joystick, if so the button activates a float facility for the valves controlled from the joystick, to set it hold in the button then depress and hold the retract side of the appropriate valve. release the joystick button. On the auto modes there are only 2 modes, field with the plough symbol and transport with the trailer symbol.

thanks.. yes.. I should have said that..its a sidewinder..
thanks - so the button at the rear of joystick is just for hydraulic fuinctions - sound.

still puzzled by the turtoise symbol showing where the auto normally shows plough or trailer symbol for transport. - could it have a creeper box option and its engaged through via buttons as opposed to the TMs there its a lever behind the seat on LHS?

many thanks..

Your nearly there don't think the new ones do it fully auto like say the 6080 used to , nearly sure you have to hold the up shift button through each pack release and press again for the next pack .

thanks.. yes.. I should have said that..its a sidewinder..
thanks - so the button at the rear of joystick is just for hydraulic fuinctions - sound.

still puzzled by the turtoise symbol showing where the auto normally shows plough or trailer symbol for transport. - could it have a creeper box option and its engaged through via buttons as opposed to the TMs there its a lever behind the seat on LHS?

many thanks..
Would it be a snail symbol, that is what will show if the creeper gears are selected, to select creeper gears downshift to 1st gear then hold down the clutch and brake pedals then hold down the downshift button until the transmission shifts to 10th in the creeper range,the snail symbol will appear, then release the clutch and brakes, select up or down the creeper range as normal, to escape from creeper mode shift up to gear 10 and hold down clutch and brakes, hold down upshift button until snail disappears and 1st gear is selected.

Would it be a snail symbol, that is what will show if the creeper gears are selected, to select creeper gears downshift to 1st gear then hold down the clutch and brake pedals then hold down the downshift button until the transmission shifts to 10th in the creeper range,the snail symbol will appear, then release the clutch and brakes, select up or down the creeper range as normal, to escape from creeper mode shift up to gear 10 and hold down clutch and brakes, hold down upshift button until snail disappears and 1st gear is selected.

yes.. it must have been a snail.. shows you how "confirmation bias" exists.. I woudl have sworn it was a turtoise but reckon it can only have been a snail...

Thanks a million..

For the gearbox calibration, is it the same procedure for one fitted with the electric park brake?

Back