New milking parlour

Wouldn't be mad popular down here neway. Not sure why but once you get your method rite you would get true cows all the same. Not sure I'd like them doh

Double up parlours are expensive to install and ideally need some form of rapid exit to minimise the time clusters are off cows. Other thing people say is you can get slight variations in vacuum/pulsation when one side is not milking.

A bit to go as in?
Well they are very expensive and I would need two realy. They are expensive to service and cow replacement would be very high. Your still on call with it as in casing up cows that haven't come in. I'd need another set of lane ways in the farm aswell. Prob suit a indoor herd all rite better doh

Well they are very expensive and I would need two realy. They are expensive to service and cow replacement would be very high. Your still on call with it as in casing up cows that haven't come in. I'd need another set of lane ways in the farm aswell. Prob suit a indoor herd all rite better doh

Cost wise again you factor in the extra concrete and bigger building you need for a parlour the price is going to close up. The second robot is often cheaper as the infrastructure is already there and they can piggy back some of the components.

Why higher replacement costs.

Service contracts can cost but still worth sitting down with someone who knows and go through options. Don't just go off gossip

High replacement cost as in cows that don't and won't take to it. How do you mange spreading slurry fertiliser, cutting silage or maize things like that? With cows trying to come and go? Not for me if your going to milk av a good parlour and milk them it's the only time in the day your as close to cows to spot anytin going on. Bulling lame cut on its tail things like that.

2 full wood robots 10 tonne meal bin and 12000 lts bulk tank €240000. They went in local to me the brother works on the farm. The work that had to be done for them was unbelievable passages,sheds,fencing
Another point to note I don't think there's in by day out by night is either in or out

They are not for everyone but been to see a few farms and I would say there is less building work involved.

Cost wise again you factor in the extra concrete and bigger building you need for a parlour the price is going to close up. The second robot is often cheaper as the infrastructure is already there and they can piggy back some of the components.

Why higher replacement costs.

Service contracts can cost but still worth sitting down with someone who knows and go through options. Don't just go off gossip
Second robot is quite a bit cheaper, no compressor, computer software or vacuum pump chemical equipment etc needed as the first one has that on lely at least
High replacement cost as in cows that don't and won't take to it. How do you mange spreading slurry fertiliser, cutting silage or maize things like that? With cows trying to come and go? Not for me if your going to milk av a good parlour and milk them it's the only time in the day your as close to cows to spot anytin going on. Bulling lame cut on its tail things like that.
will know any problems as quickly with a robot as a parlour you are still around the cows too. Had a total of 3 cows here didn't take to them, would all go in no problem but bags were too low on two we were expecting them to be a problem one was an old girl the other a small Jersey thats wider than she is tall. The other cow had crossed back tits so it struggled to see one, would milk if you held them apart tho

Wot make did you go for? Had a look at the full wood at the ploughing was more impressed with it then lelly now dat was just me looking at it. But no Iam sorry I don't think I will be convinced

Plenty of robots working on 100% Spring calving herds all over the country. I used to believe all the negative rubbish talked about robots, but they work extremely well at grass. Their numbers are growing.

Even if you have absolutely no interest and/or think they have nothing to offer you, investigate them fully, and visit some farms using them. You may find they have something to offer, if not at least you have ruled them out.

There are not many that enjoy standing in a pit twice a day milking. On sunny weekend evenings there are better places to be, than standing than a milking parlour.

Yes be God and are you in or out or both. Wot made you go for them
Cows are in AYR, were never out at nights before we switched to the robots although they did go out through the day. Needed to replace the parlour and the cubicles, also were short of feed space so went for a complete new set up with robots rather than taking extra staff on

I know absolutely nothing about milking but went to a farm a while back with two robot's and it was very impressive to say the least, not just how it worked but the information it gathered and stored, the guy said it would spot mastitis 2-3 days before he could, yield was up as they were getting milked more often and gave him more time to see to other things.
He said it wouldn't suit everyone but it was working well for him.

This parlour is going to be once in a lifetime job so get it right but are you ruling out robots without talking to farmers who have them .I am milking 50 here in a small scale but could not have robot as right of way in land but your issues every farmer has them.
I would say if dairymaster rep was with you ,they have you snared allready

Just my 2 cents from wiring parlours.ive wired dairymaster,Delaval and Gascoigne of them all the Delaval impressed me the most it was a basic enough parlour but it seemed like a good system and the vacuum pump was very quiet in comparison to others and the farmer is delighted with it especially the scc count

Well the parlour I have is a dairymaster and we have never had a bother with it over the years and the guy that looks after it service wise is good and no matter when you call him he will be out.. when we went to revamp the old parlour 11 year ago Delaval lad came out had a quick chat and that was the last we saw of him so no point looking there if that the service you get. We can talk all bout robots the concept is good but I won't be putting 1 in Iam afraid

2 full wood robots 10 tonne meal bin and 12000 lts bulk tank €240000. They went in local to me the brother works on the farm. The work that had to be done for them was unbelievable passages,sheds,fencing
Another point to note I don't think there's in by day out by night is either in or out

What are the current start up costs for a robot on a green field site for say 60-70 cows. paddocks/roads/sheds are already in place. So it would just be the milking facilities. 100k for the purchase of 60-70 cows and would another 100k build what I need, would use second hand robot if these are reliable. Would you run 70 cows on 50ac for milking, would be stocking at 1.4cows ac on dry ground. just thinking as its as good as anytime to be pricing up if a system would run or not.

As someone said to me yesterday a cow doing 25l @24c a litre is €5 a day output, this figure even in bad dairy times unheard of in beef, even during its best pay days.

What are the current start up costs for a robot on a green field site for say 60-70 cows. paddocks/roads/sheds are already in place. So it would just be the milking facilities. 100k for the purchase of 60-70 cows and would another 100k build what I need, would use second hand robot if these are reliable. Would you run 70 cows on 50ac for milking, would be stocking at 1.4cows ac on dry ground. just thinking as its as good as anytime to be pricing up if a system would run or not.

As someone said to me yesterday a cow doing 25l @24c a litre is €5 a day output, this figure even in bad dairy times unheard of in beef, even during its best pay days.

Talk to this man on used robots but it will cost as much to installs used robot as it will a new one.

http://tim-gibson.com

Back