Welger e link controller problem

not the same but , my controler on my machale does the same and the screen goes blank some times too , just power it off and turn back on , works away , think it needs a software update ,was done 2 years ago when it was at it ,

The hours rpm and the crop doesn't move infront of the baler on my monitor.
Is it that sensor next to the rotor bearing?

The sensor for the speed takes it reading from the main drive cog on the crop rotor .There should be a little plate bolted to the cog that passes the sensor to give a reading . Had an issue with the one here not taking a reading and in turn the door sensor`s not working . Solution move the sensor slightly closer to the cog (cant see how it moved away in the first place as it was tight ) Your`s is a 220 though and from memory any of the 220`s i drove didn`t have the rpm showing .

There's no rpm showing mine, it shows the lumpy row going in and the hrs worked though. The boxes do lock-up so i'm told, I guess nothing works then.

There's no rpm showing mine, it shows the lumpy row going in and the hrs worked though. The boxes do lock-up so i'm told, I guess nothing works then.
Does your one count hrs worked from when the clock is plugged in . The 235 and 245 now only show hrs worked with the pto on .

The sensor for the speed takes it reading from the main drive cog on the crop rotor .There should be a little plate bolted to the cog that passes the sensor to give a reading . Had an issue with the one here not taking a reading and in turn the door sensor`s not working . Solution move the sensor slightly closer to the cog (cant see how it moved away in the first place as it was tight ) Your`s is a 220 though and from memory any of the 220`s i drove didn`t have the rpm showing .

Mines a 235 profi.
Picked up a sensor last week as they said 7 of them are the same so might be handy keep one will give a look see if it's moved away

Mines a 235 profi.
Picked up a sensor last week as they said 7 of them are the same so might be handy keep one will give a look see if it's moved away
Apoligies thought it was a 220 . There`s away to check if the sensor is working on the control box only checked it last week on the one here . If you go into the menu and go in to dianagnostics and then press the top right hand button you should come to a display (you have to press the button a few times cant remember how many )that will show an image similar to the one below . Where you see rpm written and a plug symbol beside it and then a line that line should flash when the baler is running or constant if you hold something metal in front of the sensor . If you have no line no matter what you do the sensor is fecked . Here`s a link to a pdf file on the manual for the controller .http://www.lelynet.com/_layouts/15/document/TechDocHandler.aspx?name=1745-99-03-02_-.pdf&mode=view

Attachments

• lmlm.PNG
    lmlm.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 13
Apoligies thought it was a 220 . There`s away to check if the sensor is working on the control box only checked it last week on the one here . If you go into the menu and go to dianagnostics and then press the top right hand button you should come to a display (you have to press the button a few times cant remember how many )that will show an image similar to the one below . Where you see rpm written and a plug symbol beside it and then a line that line should flash when the baler is running or constant if you hold something metal in front of the sensor . If you have no line no matter what you do the sensor is fecked . Here`s a link to a pdf file on the manual for the controller .http://www.lelynet.com/_layouts/15/document/TechDocHandler.aspx?name=1745-99-03-02_-.pdf&mode=view

Good man I knew about checking the sensors that way alright although I had forgotten to a real handy way of checking it.
I wonder are the 3 connected to the rpm?

Lads ran into bother today everytime the baler went to activate the motor to cut the net the controller powers off.
It started the sequence so it did cut it.
If you press any button it doesn't effect it but if you press plus an minus together it turns off the controller.
I wonder Is there a wire damaged in the lead

Lads ran into bother today everytime the baler went to activate the motor to cut the net the controller powers off.
It started the sequence so it did cut it.
If you press any button it doesn't effect it but if you press plus an minus together it turns off the controller.
I wonder Is there a wire damaged in the lead

For anyone looking at this.
Bit of chaff had went into the motor that triggers the net knife and was shorting it out.
Blew it out and away it went!!

Hi, reading this as having the same problems with screen freezing. Did you solve the issues? Is it possible to upgrade from Elink to the pro version? Thanks.

Last edited:
Never had that issue again. Plugging ont the plugs on the side of the Baler seemed to have solved it . On the pro link controller to the best of my knowledge that was only available for the tornado and of no benefit to a standard Baler .
Hi, reading this as having the same problems with screen freezing. Did you solve the issues? Is it possible to upgrade from Elink to the pro version? Thanks.

Never had that issue again. Plugging ont the plugs on the side of the Baler seemed to have solved it . On the pro link controller to the best of my knowledge that was only available for the tornado and of no benefit to a standard Baler .[/QUOTE
Hi, thanks - I will checkout the plugs on the baler and see if it solves it. The manual I downloaded was for an pro elink version of my rp445 baler , so I wonder if some versions had that option, probably requires a wiring loom too I guess.

20220718_213700.jpg
Having trouble with the e-link controller.
Baler is a 2014 RP245 Xtracut. Baling straw.
I made and netted a bale. Opened tail gate and let bale out. Closed door and drove on. Halfway to next bale I noticed on screen that tail gate was still open. I stopped up. Let out what was in the baler. Closed up again and it was still saying it's open. Checked and cleaned hook sensors and still saying its open.
Plugged out the monitor and it will only go as far as the picture above.
Anyone come across this before and maybe have solution.

Unplug everything, including the plugs on the right side of the baler for about 5 minutes and plug in everything again and see if it works.

Unplug everything, including the plugs on the right side of the baler for about 5 minutes and plug in everything again and see if it works.
I followed your advice plus I removed a few panels and checked as much wiring as I could. Especially around chains and where the door hinges. And the monitor regained its function again. Thanks for that.

I followed your advice plus I removed a few panels and checked as much wiring as I could. Especially around chains and where the door hinges. And the monitor regained its function again. Thanks for that.
Glad to hear it worked. I had some issue a couple of years back and the dealer said try that.

Hi, I have the same Problem with my Baler, it‘s a Lely Welger 235 Double Action Profi. Sometimes when im Balling the Screen of the Baler (balercontrol 3) freezes, and then no Buttons are working. Then I pluged everything out, and back together, then sometimes it works again and sometimes not.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Back