Weeds

bagenal

What are these weeds and what would be the best spray to use on them (grassland)?
20160710_113120.jpg
20160710_113129.jpg
20160710_113133.jpg

Does it grow very quickly and tall with purple flower? Kinda looks like Himalayan balsam

Does it grow very quickly and tall with purple flower? Kinda looks like Himalayan balsam

At the moment it's about 9" to 12" high, no flower.

Few pics from a side view if any help in making a definite identification
Side 1.jpg
Side 2.jpg
Side 3.jpg

Is the weed in an area of the field mainly that has been poached or badly trampled with machinery etc?

It wouldn't be poached but would a fair bit of driving on.
Red shank would have a purple spot`s on the leave`s . I think .

If you pull the plant up does it have a red tinge to the stem at the base heading toward`s the root .

I didn't pull up any of it but I will tomorrow or Saturday for a look.

Just wondering what sort of weed is this I've seen alot of it this year around dykes and streams
20160725_122414.jpg

Fairly sure its Himalayan Balsam. An invasive species that has spread quite quickly round the place. Doesnt do much harm as far as I know. Spreads well as the seeds float down stream.
Ya looked it up there it seems to be a tough fella to get rid of if it's let get out of hand

I never saw it until this year and it's in alot of places down my way , I read it grows up to 10 feet high and it shoots it seed up to 20feet

Just heard someone giving out about balsalm today on the nore. Never heard of it before
We noticed a couple of plants allong the banks of our river a few years ago. Next thing you know they were everywhere. Theyve done no harm as far as I can see. Bit over powering i parts maybe but Id say there could be a lot worse invading.

Just sticking this in here, notice some of my fields developing a lot of dandelion, would soil PH be a reason, is there anything to kill them that won't affect clover, if not then it's a roundup job and reseed.

Just sticking this in here, notice some of my fields developing a lot of dandelion, would soil PH be a reason, is there anything to kill them that won't affect clover, if not then it's a roundup job and reseed.

PH definitely a factor. Lime here has helped here anyway but did some mcpa to finish them off.

Sprayed over 20 acres of rushes on Saturday and today you can see black spots coming on them and you can pull them right out of the Base root section. Saturday was fantastic for spraying - dull and calm . The sun and heathe crowned them yesterday.

Used be loads of them here but reseeding has pretty much got rid of them out of the silage ground. They don't seem to be an issue in the grazing land for whatever reason.

Back