Spring beans

J

John kverneland

how are your spring beans doing? Looked at mine yesterday and there is a super crop of beans there, never seen so many pods on them all the way up the bean stalk il try and put up a picture tomorrow..

plenty of choc spot on top 10" of the crop.well podded and filled. Im hopeful.....

A later application of signum would only push out harvest even later. We did not use any signum and have some late choc spot but it would not worry me now as time for beans to start to die anyway.
I am trying to comfort myself with that thought but I cant help thinking that chocolate spot will limit grain filling photosynthesis and make the plant use energy fighting disease.
A third spray would have caused some damage though.

Interestingly, the choc spot is worse where the boom rubbed or between wheels - must have spread disease spores along as it travelled. At least its 24m.

I am trying to comfort myself with that thought but I cant help thinking that chocolate spot will limit grain filling photosynthesis and make the plant use energy fighting disease.

Interestingly, the choc spot is worse where the boom rubbed or between wheels - must have spread disease spores along as it travelled. At least its 24m.
I actually used to think that the coverage of chemical used not be as good under the tractor in a high crop as the stem is usually springing back up or wobbling just as the chemical is applied so coverage was not as good.....

I actually used to think that the coverage of chemical used not be as good under the tractor in a high crop as the stem is usually springing back up or wobbling just as the chemical is applied so coverage was not as good.....
Are you questioning my spraying abilities young pup...?

A later application of signum would only push out harvest even later. We did not use any signum and have some late choc spot but it would not worry me now as time for beans to start to die anyway.

I agree that's why i stuck to 2 sprays as well

Am I right in thinking that you used no Signum all season? What did you use?

Am I right in thinking that you used no Signum all season? What did you use?
Rover, the only ctl registered for beans, were clean up until recently, but dying off quickly now which i personally think is a good thing. Low fungicide spend mainly cause beans can be unreliable on dry ground so I dont aim high and hope to be supprised. better than spending big and being disappointed.

You cant control everything, there comes a time in a crops life to let it go and put the wallet away? you might be right it may reduce yield slightly but id bet there would not be an economic response to spend, but that me being tight! :rolleyes2:

Rust seems to be setting in big time, started in undsprayed bits but spreading around the field now. It will certainly bring harvest forward, not sure home much yield we'll lose

These storms are stripping the leaves off the beans, doesnt bother me as hopefully theyre not really needed now and it might make them ripen a little sooner.

Pod numbers and pod fill looks good I think. Time will tell how they do....Instasize(12).jpg

Beans looked good here all year. Drought did effect patches at different stages but nothing too major. However the pods only formed three quarter way up the plant this year. As far as i can remember they formed the whole way up the plant last year so not expecting big yields from them.

Back