Kieran 97's photos

Kieran97

Well lads, have a couple of different projects going on over christmas so I decided I'd jump on the bandwagon and start a photos thread. Hope to get a couple of photos/videos of our machinery, on going work on the farm, and all types of general mechanical messing. There'll be a bit of everything.

Enjoy

Said I'd get the ball rolling with a few pictures of the last purchase, a Hitachi uh02. As I had mentioned here before, I couldn't get the bypass filters that sit in the part of the tank in photo 1. So I decided to do away with them, and fitted a filter housing and filter from a McConnell hedgecutter inside the access panel in photos two and three. I piped the bypass line from the Valve chest into the inlet, and the outlet from the filter into the top of the tank.

This is also quite and unusual machine. The undercarriage is longer than most ex 60's, and the dipper is more comparable to that fitted to an ex100.

I also fitted some led lights too to modernise it a bit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-43.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-43.png
    597.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-39.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-39.png
    753.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-34.png
    830.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-16.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-16.png
    1 MB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-11.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-08-13-39-11.png
    857 KB · Views: 217
Slightly off topic Kieran but that's some nicely stacked turf in your last photo:Thumbp2:
Haha, thanks man! The auld fella is very particular about his turf

Think i was at your place before kieran getting a rad for a 165?
Well, sort of. Your man i cut the turf with, i break tractors for him. You have a Roundpack I think, yes? I was putting bearings in mine at the time. Had a lad come for a bonnet off said 165 that day too.

Well, sort of. Your man i cut the turf with, i break tractors for him. You have a Roundpack I think, yes? I was putting bearings in mine at the time. Had a lad come for a bonnet off said 165 that day too.[/QUOTE]

That's me alright

Well, sort of. Your man i cut the turf with, i break tractors for him. You have a Roundpack I think, yes? I was putting bearings in mine at the time. Had a lad come for a bonnet off said 165 that day too.

That's me alright[/QUOTE]
Ah right ok. You got on alright with it i presume?

Said I'd get the ball rolling with a few pictures of the last purchase, a Hitachi uh02. As I had mentioned here before, I couldn't get the bypass filters that sit in the part of the tank in photo 1. So I decided to do away with them, and fitted a filter housing and filter from a McConnell hedgecutter inside the access panel in photos two and three. I piped the bypass line from the Valve chest into the inlet, and the outlet from the filter into the top of the tank.

This is also quite and unusual machine. The undercarriage is longer than most ex 60's, and the dipper is more comparable to that fitted to an ex100.

You say it's a UHO 02, Kieran. Looks a handy machine to have around .

Are you sure it's not a UHO 25 ? There was one near here , but a knuckle boom , and an import in strange colours.
@Arthur has one as well . He put up a picture of it , maybe 12 months ago.

Are you sure it's not a UHO 25 ? There was one near here , but a knuckle boom , and an import in strange colours.

No, she is a UH 02. I'll explain the difference.

The UH series came before the UHO series. They were made from the late 70's, til when this one was made in 1982/83. They were mechanically quite similar. The only real difference was the lever on the left, forwards/backwards was to slew, left to right worked the dipper; a balls of a job. So, mine has been modified.

Also,i think the way the track motors are done are different on the two machines. Mine has had replacement pumps fitted from a UHO 31 or 33 or something like that, that was fire damaged. She also had new track chains about 12 months ago, so there was little to do when we bought her.

The UHO series came in between them and the dash 1 60's. IMO, the UH is a superior machine. It is better balanced than the 60, and has woeful power to dig. All them 60's were a disaster for bowing when you'd have a good load on the bucket, and when you'd be cutting turf, you'd push the bank in ahead of you. She's just a nice size, hop her up behind the Landini and away. Easy on the wine, and good in bad ground.

That one Kieran put up looks to have a longer dipper than mine, engine cover is raised too, mine is near as makes no difference same as an EX60-1.

I'm.a little surprised that there are still quite a few diggers from that vintage still on the go in particular Hitachi.

The only real difference was the lever on the left, forwards/backwards was to slew, left to right worked the dipper; a balls of a job. So, mine has been modified

I doubt that was the only difference as a lot of the hitachis come with a change over valve in the panel behind the cab to change the different movements. Our ex100-1 had the controls as you describe and then the 120-5, 60-3 and Zaxis we had since all had the change over valve and dad changes to the way he's used to.
Also handy when working on sites as lads do be mad to jump on a machine when you get down to move it and be seen to be driving, don't be long getting down when they can't work it:tt2:

That one Kieran put up looks to have a longer dipper than mine, engine cover is raised too, mine is near as makes no difference same as an EX60-1.

Yeah, the dipper is a fair length in her. Great value for the extra reach when turf cutting.

I'm.a little surprised that there are still quite a few diggers from that vintage still on the go in particular Hitachi.

Theres a good few hymacs and priestmans and poclains from the 70's still on the go too.
I doubt that was the only difference as a lot of the hitachis come with a change over valve in the panel behind the cab to change the different movements. Our ex100-1 had the controls as you describe and then the 120-5, 60-3 and Zaxis we had since all had the change over valve and dad changes to the way he's used to.
Also handy when working on sites as lads do be mad to jump on a machine when you get down to move it and be seen to be driving, don't be long getting down when they can't work it:tt2:

Well from what i can see, the uh and uho are quite similar.

Those filters also suit the hesston filter housing.

I think that most wheel diggers joysticks are piped up the same way ?

The only real difference was the lever on the left, forwards/backwards was to slew, left to right worked the dipper; a balls of a job.

That sounds like a total balls alright, having said that 3cx is halfway between both!
A lot of backhoes (3cx anyway) have the boom lift/lower on the left and the dipper on the right.

Haven't posted in a while so a quick update. New phone so time to test the camera. Last 4 images with new phone, rest with old.

Here's some photos of some drainage work I'm doing. Cleaning a drain that was last done in 1988 so a good bit of work in it. Getting held up with full trees growing in the drain.

The bucket is a bit loose and missing 2 teeth. Must re-bush it. Other than that I think I'm going well. Water flowing nicely.

You can see in the aerial photo where the line of rushes has formed, the shore had closed in.

IMAG0010.jpg IMAG0010.jpg IMAG0010.jpg IMAG0010.jpg
IMAG0007.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 165
I think Kieran needs another few lights :Thumbp2:

A very satisfying job you are at there and looks like you are very handy with the digger too.:Thumbp2:

Last edited:
I think Kieran needs another few lights :Thumbp2:

A very satisfying job you are at there and looks like you are very handy with the digger too.:Thumbp2:

Cheers Colm! I'm only really driving them since last June but I'm improving anyways. Practice makes perfect. I wouldn't be rushing either, makes all the difference.

And the lights: 80 euros for 7 of them off Amazon. It's like daylight

Haven't put anything on here in a while. My phone fucked up when I was in England so i lost a lot of the pictures and videos i had taken. Here's a few i found on the laptop

Here is the 6155r I used to mow with.

18789090_1348518858559450_55061115_o.jpg

Had good spec, autopower, etc
18789679_1348518881892781_1072158922_o.jpg

have a few videos as well but it wont let me upload mp4's. Ill see what i can do and maybe stick them up. Couple of workshop related projects on when I finish exams this week so will try document some of it.

Last edited:
Back