Interesting things on you tube

You can get a grant for a Helipad under TAMS

I would not go up in a small Helicopter because the fans for keeping the Pilot cool are always breaking . You should see the pilot sweat when they stop .

Myself and my late father were filling shores in a field when we heard/saw this chopper in trouble .It crashed down 2 fields ,500 yds from where we were working. RIP.

http://www.rte.ie/news/1999/0827/3110-helicopter/

By God Bog Man, your no joke, I'm after reading every bit of that report. It was a day I will never forget .
Myself and my Father left from where we were working and crossed 2 fields into an adjoining farm where the helicopter was sitting in a small field on fire. I remember carrying buckets of water from a cattle drinker and putting out the fire.
We got a paper copy of the accident report in the post some time after because we were witnesses.
Low rotor rpm seems leading to the rotor blade striking the cabin seems to be the conclusion.

i,ve read the report there now and i can,t make out what was responsible for the crash, did the pilot make a mistake or was ice a factor, mixed fleet got his 15 minutes of fame too
Low rotor speed meant it hit the canopy . Also he would not have heard the engine note change in the cockpit that the people on the ground heard .

Ah yes the fame took its toll ,the coke and the hookers.
Regarding the cause , hard to make out what went wrong but it seems to talk a lot about a drop in rotor speed. Pilot error.

Low rotor speed meant it hit the canopy . Also he would not have heard the engine note change in the cockpit that the people on the ground heard .
reading it again it seems to me they suspected the passenger may have been having a go, they mention that he was mad into flying and they recommend taking the dual controls out unless a qualified pilot is in the passsenger seat, maybe the pilot let him have the controls for a minute and it went horribly wrong

Ah yes the fame took its toll ,the coke and the hookers.
Regarding the cause , hard to make out what went wrong but it seems to talk a lot about a drop in rotor speed. Pilot error.
i was thinking that was you, peasant farmers working in the fields and a yokel said what he,d seen:smile:, not a nice scene to come across in all honesty though

Back