Massey Ferguson

G

guest 1

Doesn't seem to be a general thread about them, or else I'm too lazy to spend long enough looking for it.

Anyway, I was looking at the various ranges on the MF website this evening and I noticed a new feature on the 5700 series, the transmission automatically switches to neutral when you press the brake pedal. Can it be turned off I wonder, it's supposed to be a benefit for loader work but would be lethal on high ground.

Doesn't seem to be a general thread about them, or else I'm too lazy to spend long enough looking for it.

Anyway, I was looking at the various ranges on the MF website this evening and I noticed a new feature on the 5700 series, the transmission automatically switches to neutral when you press the brake pedal. Can it be turned off I wonder, it's supposed to be a benefit for loader work but would be lethal on high ground.

This was a feature on the valtra t series way back, I presume it works the same now through the AGCO brand.

On the t there was a switch on the right hand console to turn it on and off. Worked below a certain speed, I think 15km/hr. handy in a yard at loader and in the field baling where you just braked to let out a bale instead of clutching as well or taking the tractor out of gear.

This was a feature on the valtra t series way back, I presume it works the same now through the AGCO brand.

On the t there was a switch on the right hand console to turn it on and off. Worked below a certain speed, I think 15km/hr. handy in a yard at loader and in the field baling where you just braked to let out a bale instead of clutching as well or taking the tractor out of gear.
Indeed and a right idea. I'd only use it on our Valtra when gathering round bales in the fields. Tis fierce handy, just a dab of accelerator and off you go. I assume MF have it on a similar system with a rocker switch or some such pressy button to disable it.

On the 5610 I drove it required a bit of messing with menus on the dash which I found a bit slow and if you touched the clutch it disabled it. It'd be great if you were used to it but I kept dipping the clutch which was annoying.
A simple switch would've made more sense, but maybe I missed it!

Have it on 2 tractor`s here at work but as @denis086 says a pain to get turned on as you have to go through the menu on the dash to turn it on . Use it a bit when working the baler but you`d forget it was on and hit the clutch and lose the setting . On the tractor with the loader found it way too severe and sharp for stacking bale`s that and the other loader tractor does`nt have it meaning if going between tractor`s it`s not bothered with . A nice idea but in reality a feature we never really use . Must try it in the morning when using the diet feeder and see if it`s an advantage or a hindrance at the job .

Deutz have something similar called stop and go.

Deutz have something similar called stop and go.
So I believe, but I have no idea how it works either. I'm completely out of touch with Deutz transmissions, all I know is they have abandoned the ZF 24x24 which has served a number of manufacturers well over the last 25 years or so and is now available in the Kubota and Landini albeit with clutchless range changes.

Brake to neutral is a handy feature when the gearbox and clutch sensitivty is setup it can be a smooth as clutch , i find it handy on the uncles tractor for loading bales i am only one that uses it though

have the feature as well but i never use it, i think the brain is hardwired to hit the clutch pedal at this stage, tried it stacking bales one day but just couldnt get into it

It,s handy enough on baling straw , traveling fast, that would be the only time I use it . useful but not life-threatening if it wasn,t there.

So I believe, but I have no idea how it works either. I'm completely out of touch with Deutz transmissions, all I know is they have abandoned the ZF 24x24 which has served a number of manufacturers well over the last 25 years or so and is now available in the Kubota and Landini albeit with clutchless range changes.
Who's are Deutz using now?

ZF introduced the TPT unit Deutz is now using as it can achieve 50 or even 60km/hr at lower engine revs and there are also six instead of four transmission steps compared to the old T7000 back end. The newer transmission has similar features to what other manufacturers are offering.

From memory the powershift and CVT units are the same externally making it more modular and easy to install in the same tractor design.

I noticed somewhere that the lift capacity of a Massey CVT is higher than a Dyna4 or Dyna6, I assume that means the CVT's have an entire Fendt back-end and not just a transmission?

On the 74s versus the 64s fendt transmission and backend controlled by mf software .I think the transmission fitted to the mf was a older version ml160 rings a bell

Only my opinion, much worse front and cab suspension on the MF, different cab and software for gearbox, much better engine and lift controls.

Engines too but you probably knew that. front suspensions too.
Deutz engines are getting scarce in the Fendts these days, I presume all AGCO brands are using the same Sisu engines now? Just curious as to what the differences are as I assume there's a significant price difference. I saw something on youtube about Fendts branded as Challengers in the US, the controls etc looked to be very basic compared to their European siblings.

Deutz engines are getting scarce in the Fendts these days, I presume all AGCO brands are using the same Sisu engines now? Just curious as to what the differences are as I assume there's a significant price difference. I saw something on youtube about Fendts branded as Challengers in the US, the controls etc looked to be very basic compared to their European siblings.
Sisu or AGCO power i think there called now in the small ones
Deutz in the big ones and man in the huge ones.
I think

I think the way Agco have it is Fendt is the premium brand and as such are priced to match. MF and Valtra are the slightly less then premium brands but close enough for anyone not into Fendt money but still wanting decent spec. I think it was @gone said it before that a fully loaded N series was damn near as much or was it more money then a similar hp fendt?.

Back