ShaneB's Photos

So far so good, only have that one with a year r so, had an mtx 140 for 8 years put 10000hrs and no real big issue! They need to be looked after but I suppose they all need to now, their getting to expensive to fix now @diesel power
Thats it in a nutshell. Time was a top up from a dirty jug would be fine for the oil and sure if it wasn't for the odd leak the backends wouldn't see a change at all :laugh:. We'd change the hyd filters after 500 hours or once a year whichever comes first. Rear end oils are dropped out every 1000 hours. Seems to work. We've never had to do the brakes in any of our tractors.

Thats it in a nutshell. Time was a top up from a dirty jug would be fine for the oil and sure if it wasn't for the odd leak the backends wouldn't see a change at all :laugh:. We'd change the hyd filters after 500 hours or once a year whichever comes first. Rear end oils are dropped out every 1000 hours. Seems to work. We've never had to do the brakes in any of our tractors.

That's it, same servicing here aswell, it's only way, won't pay other wise,prices of parts are like phone numbers at this stage... now we'd be owner drivers here so that helps aswell but never had brake issues, (touch wood) but would prefer to do them every 3-4000 hrs than have them go, it's only seals,and discs, not backing plates and pistons, filings in everything, just fudge everything up!!

That's it, same servicing here aswell, it's only way, won't pay other wise,prices of parts are like phone numbers at this stage... now we'd be owner drivers here so that helps aswell but never had brake issues, (touch wood) but would prefer to do them every 3-4000 hrs than have them go, it's only seals,and discs, not backing plates and pistons, filings in everything, just fudge everything up!!
Aye jesus I've come out of Kellys of borris and other similar places with parts you'd fit in a handy wheelbarrow and thousands spent. You'd be looking and thinking where the fcuk is the money in that bit of a thing. Same as yourselves we're owner operators but we would have a bit of seasonal help on and off in the busy periods but most of the time we can get good lads who know and understand machinery. The biggest thing with modern fast or fast ish tractors is trailer brakes. Bad or non existent ones are a recipe for trouble.

Aye jesus I've come out of Kellys of borris and other similar places with parts you'd fit in a handy wheelbarrow and thousands spent. You'd be looking and thinking where the fcuk is the money in that bit of a thing. Same as yourselves we're owner operators but we would have a bit of seasonal help on and off in the busy periods but most of the time we can get good lads who know and understand machinery. The biggest thing with modern fast or fast ish tractors is trailer brakes. Bad or non existent ones are a recipe for trouble.

Ya it's senior hurling now alrite! Bit ridiculous at this stage, cost are serious and the hourly rate don't match up.. seasonal lads here to, lads we'd know and trust other than that, I'd be slow to boder!!
Ya because the brake we have now 2small discs with a little strip of material to stop 6-7 ton tractor plus trailer is nuts too tho!

I had a similar disc, only a mounted one a good disc till a friend used it in a stoney bog. Reminds me of a comment Dmax's tame contractor made about some poor land, "the only 2 good things about it is there are so many stones it is hard to sink and it yields so bad you would never need a second trailer".
Never was the same far he broke it up.

I had a similar disc, only a mounted one a good disc till a friend used it in a stoney bog. Reminds me of a comment Dmax's tame contractor made about some poor land, "the only 2 good things about it is there are so many stones it is hard to sink and it yields so bad you would never need a second trailer".
Never was the same far he broke it up.
Carlow folk have good ways of describing land i once heard it being said that a field didn't have a single stone in it,and that they were actually all married with large familys thought it was a good one!

I thought straw hats were all the rage with tourists these days :scratchhead:

:laugh:
Not the type you get in Lismore, that place attracts the strangest of tourists, I'm amazed how no tourist has ever been hit by a machine on the bridge in front of the castle. I came down over the bridge a few years ago with the combine up on the footpath as I met another combine coming against me, all the Chinese lads did was stand in front of me taking photos and taught this was just fascinating stuff.

Not the type you get in Lismore, that place attracts the strangest of tourists, I'm amazed how no tourist has ever been hit by a machine on the bridge in front of the castle. I came down over the bridge a few years ago with the combine up on the footpath as I met another combine coming against me, all the Chinese lads did was stand in front of me taking photos and taught this was just fascinating stuff.
The Chinese are a queer lot in general. Remember litterally having to move a few of them to get through an isle in a super market in Nz. They were in a group debating the merits of diferent toothpastes!
Would not move so litterally had to push (gently) through. They didnt flinch from their debate!

Back