Which twin rotor rake

Claas are pricey new and in my mind they are likely to have a lot done s/h as may harvester outfits run them
Harvester outfits wouldn't be using rakes in the 6-7 metre working width range, most use 2900's and a 2800 is at it's absolute limit collecting 3 spread 10ft rows

I should also say that I have a 2 y.o rotonde to offload and there is a big difference in what I'm being allowed in different dealers

Claas are pricey new and in my mind they are likely to have a lot done s/h as may harvester outfits run them

The one i linked above is the small model so unlikely to have big acres done ,looks very clean .That claas is well built and 2 seasons work would not wear it out!!! once it was not damaged

That a true but that shows how good they are I've about 12k acres raked with claas rakes now and while they needed repaiers I never had to leave a field with one.
If I was buying new I wouldn't even consider anything bar krone or claas

The high price might have something to do with class finance being available, rather than the it being a far superior machine than the likes of a lely or a krone.
I ment about most harvester gangs having them if it was to do with the finance you'd imagine there tractors tedders and mowers would be more popular

Most of them have good finance deals.
1% with lely.
0% massey
Didn't check krone but fairly sure it's there.
Easy swath adjustment is handy imo.
The basic claas lacks this I believe?

The rotonde is perfect for putting 2 into one in swaths.works ok on dryish tedded crops but wet spread grass it makes a clotty row and leaves wisps behind.
My biggest baling customer is very fussy about a clean field

Euro inc.vat
I thought there would be more opinions on lely rakes.i understood they were well regarded but they mustn't be as popular as I thought

Euro inc.vat
I thought there would be more opinions on lely rakes.i understood they were well regarded but they mustn't be as popular as I thought
I don't know what the model was but I looked at one a few years ago and there was plastic covers around the cam track with two screws holding them on and they all have to be removed to get at a grease nipple on each tine arm.
Older lely rakes used snap off the arms don't know if thats still a problem or not what kind of set up is the link for removing the tine arms? That seems to be an area prone to wear on rakes that its not robust enough.

Most of them have good finance deals.
1% with lely.
0% massey
Didn't check krone but fairly sure it's there.
Easy swath adjustment is handy imo.
The basic claas lacks this I believe?
Am I right in thinking it's a spanner job to adjust row width?

yes 12 nuts and bolts in total :cry: have one here. use a cordless impact gun which helps but still takes time and after a while the nuts are buggered. imo claas are missing out by not offering a better way of adjustment on this small rake as it really lets it down.

yes 12 nuts and bolts in total :cry: have one here. use a cordless impact gun which helps but still takes time and after a while the nuts are buggered. imo claas are missing out by not offering a better way of adjustment on this small rake as it really lets it down.

Thats not thr case on my 2700 only move a pin futher out and pull a dirverter valve cord and pull spool.
I would prefer it to be able to do it on the move but it is wat it is

How often would you have to adjust it?

That doesnt sound handy at all.
A wise man suggested I make sure that the rakes being sold as massey now are actually the same as the ones previously sold as fella.
The 20ft rk662 rake does look light and weighs lighter than most.
The next one up on the mf range is a lot heavier.
Can anyone advise on the weight of the older 20ft fella rake?

Local lad has never adjusted the width since he got claas 2600 last year .Why would you need to be adjusting the width ????

Back