case cvx's

I know what ur saying, I’d be particularly heavy with the foot! but I think she’s lacking, drove a 2003 170 for a guy I used work for, and felt it had a lot more grunt,
Might be worth getting injectors serviced, don't suppose they've been done? obviously you have the load/droop knob turned up? the one under the flap on the side. The delivery valve in those pumps are prone to breaking, not sure what effect that would have on power but it does make them real smokey at mid revs.
What year is it?

Might be worth getting injectors serviced, don't suppose they've been done? obviously you have the load/droop knob turned up? the one under the flap on the side. The delivery valve in those pumps are prone to breaking, not sure what effect that would have on power but it does make them real smokey at mid revs.
What year is it?

I wouldn’t think they were ever touched, yes after adjusting that no real difference, not really all that smokie infairness, where or what does that valve do?

I wouldn’t think they were ever touched, yes after adjusting that no real difference, not really all that smokie infairness, where or what does that valve do?
I think its between low pressure pump and rotor head, inside the pump anyway! What it does is it drops the pressure quickly after the injector has fired, otherwise the injector would be slow closing causing more fuel to go in and too late, hence causing the smoke!
I do use Stanadyne fuel additive here, find it makes a noticeable difference to how the engines go.
Have you got two or three cruise speeds on the rocker switch?

I think its between low pressure pump and rotor head, inside the pump anyway! What it does is it drops the pressure quickly after the injector has fired, otherwise the injector would be slow closing causing more fuel to go in and too late, hence causing the smoke!
I do use Stanadyne fuel additive here, find it makes a noticeable difference to how the engines go.
Have you got two or three cruise speeds on the rocker switch?
Ah rite, really might try that.
Am 3 cruise modes on the rocker switch @Win

Did this do the trick? I'm having similar issues with my cvx170....
From what I can remember yes it did. Mine would hunt a little bit at idle and sometimes sound like it was running out of fuel. The cable did sort it but was a bit of a fiddle to fit.

I guess someone has been to look at it so :eek3: didnt cop that sold earlier, I was looking forward to a drive up the country as well:cry:
May hold out for the next one!

Kill Agri are getting a 195 ready this week, see it in the workshop, another one in the yard 195 again, 1195 in the new workshop, think their breaking that,

Well if you have a bit of spare time and spare cash so you can buy it for me that would be really kind of you :Thumbp2:
No problem!!:rolleyes2: 5k too much, depending on what's wrong. He'd be struggling to get 10k if it was put in a sale with a known fault. Looks fairly tidy though.

Wouldn't the 130 be a bit underpowered or could it get the magic spanners?
The pump can be altered with a bit of work, don't know whether the electronics would allow any difference through the transmission though, different engine ecu in a 130 to a 170 I think.
2002 CVX130 with 6,337 hours. It is over priced at £19,500 especially with an undiagnosed transmission problem but thought it might be worth sharing

https://farmads.co.uk/farmad/4236/
Did just give the guy a call today to see what was wrong with it, not much wiser now really, reckoned it was losing power when cold, changed a sensor somewhere which made no difference. He seemed to think it was a clutch pack problem :scratchhead: but did say he was no mechanic!! Said he was in talks to p/x it with a local jd dealer, well they ain't going to give £19k for it that's for sure! Open to offers by seems.

The pump can be altered with a bit of work, don't know whether the electronics would allow any difference through the transmission though, different engine ecu in a 130 to a 170 I think.

Did just give the guy a call today to see what was wrong with it, not much wiser now really, reckoned it was losing power when cold, changed a sensor somewhere which made no difference. He seemed to think it was a clutch pack problem :scratchhead: but did say he was no mechanic!! Said he was in talks to p/x it with a local jd dealer, well they ain't going to give £19k for it that's for sure! Open to offers by seems.
She would make a nice odd couple ensemble with the Baler @Win

You'll have it bought by the time the weekend is over :wink:

Back