Trailer axels

muckymanor

I need to get a price for 2 new axels for a 10x5 car/jeep cattle trailer. They will be need to be braked.
Can anyone recommend the best place to get a price?

I need to get a price for 2 new axels for a 10x5 car/jeep cattle trailer. They will be need to be braked.
Can anyone recommend the best place to get a price?
4 or 5 stud and what PCD are the wheels? (presuming you want to reuse the wheels)
3.5 ton or 2.7 ton trailer?
And measurement B below
Not too hard to spend €300 - €400 on an axle.

Attachments

• axle.PNG
    axle.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 28
4 or 5 stud and what PCD are the wheels? (presuming you want to reuse the wheels)
3.5 ton or 2.7 ton trailer?
And measurement B below
Not too hard to spend €300 - €400 on an axle.

It's a 5 stud.
What is PCD?
Will do the measurements at the weekend. Had sent you a pm.
It's 2.7ton or less. It's a 2 cow trailer.
We are contemplating selling it. It has a perfect body but we wouldn't like to off load it onto someone with the state that both axel are in. I wouldn't trust it with 2 heavy cows.

Didnt get your pm for some reason :confused3:
You will probably be looking at 1500kg axles.
See pic for PCD, its easier to measure a 4 stud, but if the measurement as in pic is 6.5 inches it would be good news as regards matching your wheels.

pcd_explained_5_stud_1.jpg

I put a new bare axle on my ifor a few years ago
£200 iirc
Funnily enough just had to fit a new backplate to 1wheel as the expander came loose and jammed the wheel and bent the backplate
Backplate and all brake bits were £41

Anyone know what a complete axle assembly for a Nugent cattle trailer would be?. Everything bar springs in other words. Mine needs the middle and rear axle brakes done along with cables. Lot of miles on her now and I would assume a nice bit of wear on the drums. Last time I redid the brakes I was disappointed with them.

look up autoandtrailer spares dungannon they have a good website with all kinds of trailer parts. Id often buy stuff off them and found them good to deal with.

Anyone know what a complete axle assembly for a Nugent cattle trailer would be?. Everything bar springs in other words. Mine needs the middle and rear axle brakes done along with cables. Lot of miles on her now and I would assume a nice bit of wear on the drums. Last time I redid the brakes I was disappointed with them.
about €300

Cheers lad but i wouldnt have a clue @Mike is the man for them.
Im a used car salesman now.
I dont focus too much on axles tbh, if a lad wants one, i will give him a price, but I dont stock any.
Carriage tends to add a lot to the cost of the bigger axles as they are classed as taking 2 pallet spaces.

Work paid e400 /e450 for a complete axle for a hudson cattle trailer recently enough .

That was the issue with getting the axle mentioned above delivered . Carriage was going to be big so waited till a trailer was been delivered down this side .
I dont focus too much on axles tbh, if a lad wants one, i will give him a price, but I dont stock any.
Carriage tends to add a lot to the cost of the bigger axles as they are classed as taking 2 pallet spaces.

Back