Broadband.

Danielk

Just curious to what company people are getting broadband from? We have Aptus at our house on the farm but I am moving out and into a house down the lane shortly and looking for broadband there. Tried Aptus but they can't get signal there which is fustrating.
Don't want to expensive of a plan. Maybe around 45 a month. The plan at home is 38,99€ and the plan I was going with was going to be 43.99€.
Not running anything major with it. Just a bit of general Internet use and net flix.

Sky are supposed to be good. Broadband and tv but you need fiber optic cable on the road.

With Sky at the moment and won’t be renewing with them. Speeds were ok but customer service was terrible. Have had a issue with the phone for the last 7 days and still no resolve despite contacting them daily for a update. I was with Vodafone previously and found them very good only changed because sky was working out slightly cheaper. I will be going back to Vodafone once contract is up

With wireless connect here and find them very good. 30 euro a month. I think that's for 30gb of data. We'd use it for netflix a nice bit as well as other general use and no bother with the data.

With wireless connect here and find them very good. 30 euro a month. I think that's for 30gb of data. We'd use it for netflix a nice bit as well as other general use and no bother with the data.

Wireless Connect here as well , for 6 or 7 years. Same money as you. Couldn't fault them.

Tried Eircom before that . Worse than useless. The only part thar worked , was the Direct debit out of my bank account.

They don't cover over here I was told. My girlfriends family house has it in clonegal.
Easy enough to know if it is worth asking, if you have a clear view of the mast on Mt. Leinster from your house it would be worth ringing them.

If you got a reasonable clear line of sight to the new house down the lane you could get 2 nanostations and transmit the Internet down. I use that approach here, only get 4g in the pumphouse, I use a three sim on a 4g router and for 20e/month unlimited Internet, at 7mb/s download, before that eircom supplied us 0.5mb (pathetic) for like 35e/month.

Looking around broadband options at the momemt. Currently on eir mobile broadband @€30 per month, for 50GB of data allowance. I'd like to keep it at that price level but have unlimited data. Is there any options? Speed isn't as critical, anything above 10mb/s would be fine.

Looking around broadband options at the momemt. Currently on eir mobile broadband @€30 per month, for 50GB of data allowance. I'd like to keep it at that price level but have unlimited data. Is there any options? Speed isn't as critical, anything above 10mb/s would be fine.

Yea 50GB of data ain't much for a month. Some plans I find very dear up to €60 a month or more.

Yea 50GB of data ain't much for a month. Some plans I find very dear up to €60 a month or more.

It's not too bad, given there is only two of us for now but the odd month we'd get pretty close or go over. Speed is more than adequate as can be seen here:

6839004732.png

I see magnet do a 24mb deal for €20, rising to €30 after 6 months. Anybody use magnet and did they find it ok?

It's not too bad, given there is only two of us for now but the odd month we'd get pretty close or go over. Speed is more than adequate as can be seen here:

6839004732.png

I see magnet do a 24mb deal for €20, rising to €30 after 6 months. Anybody use magnet and did they find it ok?

Wow, we did a speed test at home at the weekend and its coming out at 2.7mbps upload and 1.6 download. Its with ciaracom. We find it adequate. It costs €26 per month. It always has this speed unless it's foggy. Have a tested the vodafone dongle that we have for the camera when it was in the house at home and it has similar figures. But in the shed in Galway, it's twice that. The old pair are on 3 and they have a download speed of 1.5 and upload of 2.9, but at times it drops to below 1 in download speed depending on the time of day.

Safe to say that we are in a broadband black spot. I know people locally and they can only access satellite broadband at over €40 per month and speeds are very slow and variable at all times.

My broadband isn't working as well as it used to be. It used to be very fast but now it's getting it hard to load up pages here now. Is there any options other than changing?

Back