Mower choice

Ya in fairness mchale were very quick to fix the issues il hand that to them. The brother does most of the mowing and he still prefers a trailed. I need a mower for topping on the farm so might buy a new or good second hand Centre pivot and then change the mchale for a trailed. We can then use the 3 point linkage for places can't access with the trailed
What trailed mower do you think you'll get to replace the Mchale.

What are lads using for front mowers.looking at a new McHale and a second hand claas atm.will go 2nd hand if possible as we don't do much mowing just want to get it done quickly

What are lads using for front mowers.looking at a new McHale and a second hand claas atm.will go 2nd hand if possible as we don't do much mowing just want to get it done quickly
What make is the rear one, get the same front?? Only one type of blades and parts to keep. What type of suspension is on the claas, as in is it pulled or pushed if you know what I mean? Pulled is better imo, but some say it doesn't matter, probably depends how undulating your fields are.

claas front mowers were never that successful round here , no one seemed able to get them cutting tight enough , dont know what the new ones are like .
the pottanger alpha motion is about as good as youll get

I use to follow a front claas and rear kvernelsnd and front was change for kverneland. Was so much handier as they used different socket sizes and different blades and skids and bolts so easy have all the one type as spares with you. The kverneland also mows much better than the claas did. The class didn’t like sudden changes in ground level. You would just mow clay. The newer ones could be different though.

Got a jd here, works well. The McHale system for following the ground looks very good. I wouldn't be a fan of claas or krone front mowers as they are pushed rather than pulled

Back