3 crop rule

rambo

Surely the 3 crop rule should be dropped this year.Is there any chance of this happening

I a year like this where beans and Wheat planting will be down, what happens to the excess seed sitting in farmers and merchants yards? Farmers will obviously try and return it or cancel orders but what do the seed companies do?

I a year like this where beans and Wheat planting will be down, what happens to the excess seed sitting in farmers and merchants yards? Farmers will obviously try and return it or cancel orders but what do the seed companies do?

Count their losses. Hope in vain that it’ll carry over for use next year (very doubtful). If it eventually fails germination, it’ll be landspread. If it has no dressing then it is sold for feed. The joys.

I’m still not sure where all the extra barley seed will come from, the market looked relatively tight to begin with.

Count their losses. Hope in vain that it’ll carry over for use next year (very doubtful). If it eventually fails germination, it’ll be landspread. If it has no dressing then it is sold for feed. The joys.

Does some of the unused seed grain not go for the manufacture of rat bait ?

As a matter interest, are there many growers out there that will change their cropping plans as a result of the scrapping of the 3 crop rule?? I don't know of any. Most lads up this way would have already satisfied the rule with winter crops etc and would have already decided to drop beans, spring wheat etc before today's decision was made. I'm guessing it's probably different in other areas.

As a matter interest, are there many growers out there that will change their cropping plans as a result of the scrapping of the 3 crop rule?? I don't know of any. Most lads up this way would have already satisfied the rule with winter crops etc and would have already decided to drop beans, spring wheat etc before today's decision was made. I'm guessing it's probably different in other areas.
Doesn't effect me eother

It's not official yet though lads, it has has only been proposed to the Commission which still have to approve it....

Surely in farming Independent today

Agriland said its gone :rolleyes2:
There is no justification for having the three crop rule in Ireland as it does nothing for the environment and forces farmers to grow crops that there may be no market for . At this stage of the year sowing Beans or Spring wheat on some farms just to meet the three crop rule does not make sense .

Back