Slurry Tanker

Ya road work will burn diesel and tyres as well, which arent cheap either
Ive said it here before but them big wheeled tankers are pigs on the road the hopping and bouncing that goes on.
Id say the side walls give out long before they wear in alot of cases.
Is it over miltown bridge youd be working mostly or this side of it?
Some lovely land around there a kind of red soil

Ive said it here before but them big wheeled tankers are pigs on the road the hopping and bouncing that goes on.

Bought a 2600 major only did one load,sold it my neighbour 1st day out he had it on one wheel,I can go 40mph with my tanker,air suspension + sprung drawbar tows a dream,lgp tankers are fine if your at home,if your doing any road work you should have a lift axle.

Bought a 2600 major only did one load,sold it my neighbour 1st day out he had it on one wheel,I can go 40mph with my tanker,air suspension + sprung drawbar tows a dream,lgp tankers are fine if your at home,if your doing any road work you should have a lift axle.
Major seems worse than the hi spec here for hopping even on smooth roads.
Think twin axle is the way forward.
The only trouble is id imagine alot of farmers around here might think its too big and heavy and might not want to see you with it.
If setting up an umbilical system off a tanker i think a 3000 gallon twin axle would be ideal

Mostly west of dingle, odd few jobs over east is all. Iv 30.5 alliance tyres under my tanker, fairly smooth on the road, had 28.1 drawork or sonething on old tanker and she was all over the places, couldnt drive on at all, only made to go 30km id say. Id say the twin axel be very hard on wettest ground unless you went for a 750 or 800 tyre

What kinda tanker have you now?

Mostly west of dingle, odd few jobs over east is all. Iv 30.5 alliance tyres under my tanker, fairly smooth on the road, had 28.1 drawork or sonething on old tanker and she was all over the places, couldnt drive on at all, only made to go 30km id say. Id say the twin axel be very hard on wettest ground unless you went for a 750 or 800 tyre
Contractor spread fields next to me with 3500gal redrocks tandem axle. Same wheels he has on his jcb418 shovel on them. Travelled just as well as the 2000gal with the big wheels. Wasnt a dry time either was surprised to be honest how well they worked

Contractor spread fields next to me with 3500gal redrocks tandem axle. Same wheels he has on his jcb418 shovel on them. Travelled just as well as the 2000gal with the big wheels. Wasnt a dry time either was surprised to be honest how well they worked
Probably on 750/26's so. The bigger tank would reduce passes through the gateways but I always felt the extra wheeling from the tandem did more harm than a single when conditions aren't perfect.

Probably on 750/26's so. The bigger tank would reduce passes through the gateways but I always felt the extra wheeling from the tandem did more harm than a single when conditions aren't perfect.
There's ways round that if you want to find them although that costs money

What kinda tanker have you now?

A homebuilt 16000litre one,blueline umbilical pump on the drawbar,hydraulic 11000litre vac pump under chassis,tandem axle but only on 540 tyres.

If I built it again I'd have another axle and have the drawbar so it offset.

It was built to stay on Tarmac but I put 540s on so I could use it on the field,next one is going to be 18000litres completely self contained and on a hooklift cradle,ideally I want a stainless tank but it's proving hard to find.image.jpeg

A homebuilt 16000litre one,blueline umbilical pump on the drawbar,hydraulic 11000litre vac pump under chassis,tandem axle but only on 540 tyres.

If I built it again I'd have another axle and have the drawbar so it offset.

It was built to stay on Tarmac but I put 540s on so I could use it on the field,next one is going to be 18000litres completely self contained and on a hooklift cradle,ideally I want a stainless tank but it's proving hard to find.View attachment 53383
Whats a blueline pump?

I can't see it doing more than 600m,they are very primitive centrifugal pumps,true umbilical pumps develop far more pressure as they tend to have spiral impellers.
Yes its pressure isnt massive but i was under the impression you would get your pressure when its reduced on the cone of the splash plate?

Major seems worse than the hi spec here for hopping even on smooth roads.
Think twin axle is the way forward.
The only trouble is id imagine alot of farmers around here might think its too big and heavy and might not want to see you with it.
If setting up an umbilical system off a tanker i think a 3000 gallon twin axle would be ideal
You thinking of going down the umbilical road at some stage?

Back