What are you up to in the workshop?

Fitted the bare-co PTO cover today. I had to completely remove the yellow corrugated section from the rotovator side due to interference with the clutch bolts & existing cover on the rotovator but that was easy after heating it in some boiling water to soften it.

_20180417_200223.JPG

Also modified some existing brackets last week so that the tractor can't lift the rotovator too high, doing so would damage the PTO cover & also probably break the PTO drive if in gear !

_20180417_200557.JPG

Some wear on that pin on what looks to be a handy enough trimmer like a PA 95 or so, were you short for 2 comp flails.
Its a PA 500, thought you'd spot the two T flails :deyective: That's a Alviti tip, comp's hit the bolt on the drive flange so two T's on the end stops the bolt getting bent or broke!!

Just moved it a bit yesterday, forgot what its like to use a switch box!!!:tdown:

EB75D412-DB9A-43D9-A9FF-752F8B472516.jpeg 385C2DBA-E0DF-4E0A-A142-CFDF6858EE88.jpeg 8B339EE5-7AC3-4032-B444-35D7990F537B.jpeg AD8934BD-CBAF-48E4-8319-BEB6AEBFFCDB.jpeg A problem most people with Newholland tractors would be familiar with, broken studs on the exhaust manifold. Three of them. The mig welder is great for getting them out much better than the stick welder. All 3 of them came out easily enough. A new set of studs and manifold gasket used. It’s great when a job goes with you, which is not always the case.

View attachment 53428 View attachment 53431 View attachment 53433 View attachment 53434 A problem most people with Newholland tractors would be familiar with, broken studs on the exhaust manifold. Three of them. The mig welder is great for getting them out much better than the stick welder. All 3 of them came out easily enough. A new set of studs and manifold gasket used. It’s great when a job goes with you, which is not always the case.
If everything went with us we'd be finished most days for dinner timer, farming is mostly a life of changing (some would say failed) plans.

View attachment 53428 View attachment 53431 View attachment 53433 View attachment 53434 A problem most people with Newholland tractors would be familiar with, broken studs on the exhaust manifold. Three of them. The mig welder is great for getting them out much better than the stick welder. All 3 of them came out easily enough. A new set of studs and manifold gasket used. It’s great when a job goes with you, which is not always the case.
Imagine all mine came off without any effort atal lately.
I see your seat is banjaxed too

Imagine all mine came off without any effort atal lately.
I see your seat is banjaxed too
Yea the strut is is gone on the seat. The chap that drives that tractor has left all the air out. If he worked it with the seat pumped up he would be thrown all around the cab. Might fix for him some day!

At the minute im near the end of the process of making a bucket for the digger for filling the turf machine. Anyone know where i'd get a cutting edge i could weld on?

Claas tractor, two issues 4 years old just bought it with 700 hrs on the clock, so very very little done.

1. It has 4 spool valves, i have a suspicion only one was ever used, other 3 I failed to get a hose into tonight No hydraulic pressure in spool, I think it's just down to lack of use.... any ideas apart from brute force? everything it's been on (sprayer, roller, trailer, fertiliser spinner) has only had the one ram until now so hadn't noticed.

2. Steering brakes, pressing either of the brakes (left or right) brings on four wheel braking meaning sterring brake doesn't work very well. I've been told this is normal on the smaller Masseys? seems daft whats the point of two pedals if you cant use them to aid steering?

Thanks

Is there a lever on the side of the spool block . Pull it down and get someone else to push in when you release it maybe . There are two switches on our brakes one for the brake lights and the other for the four wheel drive . Never used the side brakes .

Claas tractor, two issues 4 years old just bought it with 700 hrs on the clock, so very very little done.

1. It has 4 spool valves, i have a suspicion only one was ever used, other 3 I failed to get a hose into tonight No hydraulic pressure in spool, I think it's just down to lack of use.... any ideas apart from brute force? everything it's been on (sprayer, roller, trailer, fertiliser spinner) has only had the one ram until now so hadn't noticed.

2. Steering brakes, pressing either of the brakes (left or right) brings on four wheel braking meaning sterring brake doesn't work very well. I've been told this is normal on the smaller Masseys? seems daft whats the point of two pedals if you cant use them to aid steering?

Thanks
make sure the brake switches arnt sticking an your in 4wd all the time . the 4w breaking shouldnt come on if your using the independent brakes .
the spool valves also had a habit of sticking , the good news is the couplers arnt as expensive as they used to be

Not only a NH problem,the manifold bolts and the turbo bolts sheared on my Fendt 720,mechanic blamed the exhaust brake,have been fine since though.

Thanks

One way with the spools is to hit the collar on the spool with a punch,this pushes it in easier than the balls trying to push,also spray wd40 in them.

At the minute im near the end of the process of making a bucket for the digger for filling the turf machine. Anyone know where i'd get a cutting edge i could weld on?
Construction spares in Dublin would be a good place to try. Good quality stuff.

Back