Mucky Manor Pics

Aimed for compact this year. Culled a few last year. Culled more that weren't in calf at the back end. Have a lot of young cows this year and they are easier managed.

Reactions: AYF
I was spreading on that sort of ground today . I find that you would travel rightly on it before the stock go on it .
It can get quite brittle after grazing especially if the weather takes a turn for the worst.

I was spreading on that sort of ground today . I find that you would travel rightly on it before the stock go on it .
It can get quite brittle after grazing especially if the weather takes a turn for the worst.
That's it exactly. Dry as a bone now. Plan to only graze it with lighter cattle. Cows would be hard on it and if they poach it, it will hold water and be soft.

Grass 2018 begins officially tomorrow as we are out of silage. Remarkable that we stretched it this far. No losses in adult cattle and only 2 calves lost. We need a dry week to bring on grass and dry out this ground. This grass was last grazed at Christmas by weanlings and got can 2 weeks ago as you can see by the tractor track in the picture. IMG_20180503_201513.jpg

I hope no one knows where that post is.. those fencers are surely a magnet for thieves as they have to be exposed.

This was my concern with mine,I've set it up out of view and chained to a gatepost,so far so good been up 4 months now.

Back