Caddy van

Big thing to watch out for on the fords is security, the newest ones are woeful easy to break into, but I believe relatively easily modified to be more secure

A couple of my brothers have a good few vans, mostly VW. Caddys and Transporters
They also started to buy Fords both big and small Transits.
Getting on fine with the Ford's.
I hear them saying , better spec, keenly priced

Are Ford offering 5 year warranty on the vans?

Anyone driving a 150hp Caddy?
If so how are you finding it.

I was talking to a man who said he drove one a few times and said he found it to lively and dangerous. Said if you put the book in ya would nearky loose control of the back end if you were light

Anyone driving a 150hp Caddy?
If so how are you finding it.

I remember when the TDI's came out after SDI's .I don't think that the brakes were near good enough .
Also it's a Van meant to carry weight,
The suspension sometimes isn't very forgiving .

I'm thinking of changing my 05 Caddy van, it needs a good bit of work in the near future, it has been a good van but the brakes are only average.
The new Caddy has improved brake software but still the same hardware, they fit bigger brakes but only to the 150hp version.
Looking at a Peugeot Expert for the much better brakes.
Any thoughts.

It's a vw, get yourself onto some vw forums and find out which models brake calipers you can swap on. They're the masters of platform sharing
Only looking for info on their uprated brakes to fit to my present Caddy, honestly my boy racer days are long behind me, unfortunately.

Only looking for info on their uprated brakes to fit to my present Caddy, honestly my boy racer days are long behind me, unfortunately.
If your present Caddy is good otherwise, my advice is to hold on to it as long as you can.
we went from a 1.9 vw to a 1.6 and the old one was a better car in every way.
The newer you go, the 'softer' they are IMO.
I know a local lad that bought a new Amorack at the start of the year, it got a new gearbox a few weeks ago.

I have a 07 caddy , mk5 golf gti carriers plus 312mm disks are a bolt on upgrade . I have this set up on mine for a few years now .

Edit I should have said this is for TDI s only

Last edited:

dont need to be boy racing to want better brakes. my xtrail uses the same brakes as a base model 1.5 qashqai, not a lot of fun with 1-2t behind it.

I have some soft pads in it now, dont last as long as a set of tyres, but you have brakes if you look for them in a hurry.

dont need to be boy racing to want better brakes. my xtrail uses the same brakes as a base model 1.5 qashqai, not a lot of fun with 1-2t behind it.

I have some soft pads in it now, dont last as long as a set of tyres, but you have brakes if you look for them in a hurry.
That was what I was trying to get at, not having a go in anyway, was just following up on your suggestion to upgrade the brakes.
The 150hp caddy had muddied the waters.

I have a 07 caddy , mk5 golf gti carriers plus 312mm disks are a bolt on upgrade . I have this set up on mine for a few years now .

Edit I should have said this is for TDI s only
Did they improve the brakes much?
Are you happy with them?

Anyhow my daily drive 00 Caddy (which I'm fond of) the past nearly 6 years is getting a bit shook and the "tinworm" are getting a good holt.
Thought about new, but I might settle for a second hand merc :eek3::eek3:
20180818_151126.jpg

Well shod , should manage the sticky gaps.
20180818_121206.jpg

I'll miss the space for bringing a skittery calf to the vets
20180818_121248.jpg

How many bags of calf nuts would fit in here ??
20180818_121313.jpg

Grand car though. Should turn a few head's around the mart.
20180818_121715.jpg

20180818_151301.jpg

Anyhow my daily drive 00 Caddy (which I'm fond of) the past nearly 6 years is getting a bit shook and the "tinworm" are getting a good holt.
Thought about new, but I might settle for a second hand merc :eek3::eek3:
View attachment 57709
Well shod , should manage the sticky gaps.
View attachment 57710
I'll miss the space for bringing a skittery calf to the vets
View attachment 57711
How many bags of calf nuts would fit in here ??
View attachment 57712
Grand car though. Should turn a few head's around the mart.
View attachment 57713
View attachment 57714

Its a pity to put it to such work.

@Bog Man would be a natural behind the wheel of such an exclusive motor , and he could swap you his Peugeot van , and a large wedge of crispy fiftys

Its a pity to put it to such work.

@Bog Man would be a natural behind the wheel of such an exclusive motor , and he could swap you his Peugeot van , and a large wedge of crispy fiftys

Indeed, Jf I think your right, it's more of a tillage man's car.
The figures I'm hearing would ease the burden and worry, of what to do with all that straw cash.
It would suit our tillage Guru @CORK , I know he has a penchant for such luxury motors .
There's some purr from it . It sounds like a cross between a 6920 and a Cummins .
Petrol of course, so no borrowing sups from the farm tank ,only when your stuck like :Whistle2::whistle::Whistle2::whistle:

Indeed, Jf I think your right, it's more of a tillage man's car.
The figures I'm hearing would ease the burden and worry, of what to do with all that straw cash.
It would suit our tillage Guru @CORK , I know he has a penchant for such luxury motors .
There's some purr from it . It sounds like a cross between a 6920 and a Cummins .
Petrol of course, so no borrowing sups from the farm tank ,only when your stuck like :Whistle2::whistle::Whistle2::whistle:

@mixed fleet I certainly do approve!

Well wear!

Back