New milking parlour

Using chains in parlour at the moment its hardship having to get out of the pit ..... would rather an adjustable bar that could move a few inches but would manage with a solid bar either ... just want to see what all yer solutions is to this... could buy the bar from gentleman agri down in Kerry but thats 260€ a side for what is a very simple design ... Are air gates good and worth the money?

Using chains in parlour at the moment its hardship having to get out of the pit ..... would rather an adjustable bar that could move a few inches but would manage with a solid bar either ... just want to see what all yer solutions is to this... could buy the bar from gentleman agri down in Kerry but thats 260€ a side for what is a very simple design ... Are air gates good and worth the money?

Vaccum gates are worth every penny,there's no prizes for leaving the pit.

Vaccum gates are worth every penny,there's no prizes for leaving the pit.
Can the gate be opened/closed without the machine being on? I'd often be walking up and down through the parlour with ration/calves/lime etc. The gates would suit me for milking but not the rest of my day if they couldn't be opened manually.

Can the gate be opened/closed without the machine being on? I'd often be walking up and down through the parlour with ration/calves/lime etc. The gates would suit me for milking but not the rest of my day if they couldn't be opened manually.
No vacuum gates only work via the switches when the parlour is on . Now they can still be opened / closed manually.

mostly all air now ,independent of the parlour
Delaval gates are ran by vacuum. A softer more gentle approach than the air operated gates by dairy master.

Can open my gea gates manually without machine running,it's my shedding gate that really should have been on air.

Things have been slow going here. Weather been a right pain. We decided to put extra timbers in 1 side of the roof for strength in case of snow drifts as it's lower then the shed beside it. Have the cow troughs in place now, the floor for the crush is in and we are putting a cow crate in it aswell and a strip of concrete is down in the collecting yard and getting ready to put a base in for the foot bath. The machine is to arrive any day so that be exciting to see aswell

Attachments

• IMG_20180510_090406.jpg
    IMG_20180510_090406.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20180510_090349.jpg
    IMG_20180510_090349.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20180510_090420.jpg
    IMG_20180510_090420.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20180510_090434.jpg
    IMG_20180510_090434.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 96
Make sure all the motors are 3 phase straight away. No point finding out they sent you the wrong ones when they are putting it in.
Good advice there. Had a lad trying to fob off a single phase compressor to me here when a 3 phase was ordered "Shur it'll work, just split the phases"

are all the newer parlours 3 phase ?, i knew rotarys were mostly 3 phase but herringbones i thought were single phase, surely there is a hefty yearly charge for a 3 phase ? the merchant next door was quoted 10 k when he enquired originally

Back