Few pictures of stuff

best of luck with it. what made u go valtra again.
Having looked at MF I found them lacking and thats my honest answer. Believe it or not Valtra are ahead of them for comfort and tech and the smart touch feature is very user friendly.

contractor has a new 4 pot Valtra, about 150hp and all the bells and whistles. lovely tractor for a one man driver, but the mechanic said he is blue in the face taking calls from lads trying to understand how to use it, as it has many drivers for the type of work it has to do. just way too many features

contractor has a new 4 pot Valtra, about 150hp and all the bells and whistles. lovely tractor for a one man driver, but the mechanic said he is blue in the face taking calls from lads trying to understand how to use it, as it has many drivers for the type of work it has to do. just way too many features

That annoys the shit out of me its the same with any machine.
Read the book!!!!
Fair enough the book wont show yu everything but it will get you a long way.

All the best with that beauty , @diesel power . May it give you years of trouble free service.

Was it the gearbox repair that put the mind in motion ?

I am a little surprised you didn’t return to where you bought the 05 lady.

Having looked at MF I found them lacking and thats my honest answer. Believe it or not Valtra are ahead of them for comfort and tech and the smart touch feature is very user friendly.
Well you may wear , I’d agree with you there dp, Valtra would be well ahead of the Massey especially in the back end

Well you may wear , I’d agree with you there dp, Valtra would be well ahead of the Massey especially in the back end

Interesting, being the same company I wouldn’t have thought there’d be much difference in things like that.

Do you mean the strength of the rear linkage or are you talking about the internals of the rear axle?

Interesting, being the same company I wouldn’t have thought there’d be much difference in things like that.

Do you mean the strength of the rear linkage or are you talking about the internals of the rear axle?
Even though the same company valtra are very independent, to the best of my knowledge the backend is different, it is in the bigger ones. They definitely use a different transmission and there vario is there own one .

I think the back end is made by Valtra itself whereas the backend in the Massey and the Claas is made by Gima, a joint venture with Massey and Claas or originally Renault, the engines in the Massey and Valtra would be Sisu or as they are known now as Agco Power

Read the book!!!!

well this tractor might have 10 drivers, some of them only having to move it 50m in rare occasions so its not as if they need to read the book. realistically the wrong tractor has been bought for the job. something like a basic JD would be much more useful. Problem seems to be that, it takes maybe 15-30secs to charge up and become ready for any action from turning the key. if you turn the key and activate the lift straight away as with a normal tractor, you have to switch her off and start again.

Last edited:
As a matter of interest @diesel power how many extra bullocks does it take to buy todays version vs the one 22 yrs ago (taking an average price live weight)

in 1996, a 600kg bullock was worth £638 per head
in 2018 a 600kg bullock is worth €1260 per head

Nice one @diesel power , it won't look out of place with the almost MF colour scheme, I like Ozzy's thinking but I'd like to add the word "profit", as that is what the money has to come from rather than sale price.

Read the book!!!!
Have you seen the books with new tractors?!
You'd need a heavy lifting course to lift the one that came with our JD!:lol: Sure as hell no room for it in the cab!

Best of luck with it DP.

Well may you wear DP, it'll see you through manys a harvest. You won't be stuck for power or traction, nor have to lay a spanner on her for a long time. Great buy and like the colour too.
MF30

Back