Mucky Manor Pics

IMG_20180710_062532.jpg What a great run of weather. Well deserved after all we suffered last winter. Its only a few short weeks since the incessant rain stopped. I have never seen land as dry. Even still, grass is moving. Its 10 days since this field was ate bare. Another 15 days before they will be back grazing it.

IMG_20180710_061955.jpg

My heifers are on barer ground but still seem to be thriving.

IMG_20180710_062110.jpg
This last 5 days we have been getting a very heavy dew. It has been quite warm but calm and dull. It has really pushed grass on.
My boots this morning from looking at cattle.
View attachment 56237

I'm trying to keep good grass ahead of 15 cows and 16 calves and managing so far. Theres a serious thrive on calves. Grass goes so much further in this weather.

IMG_20180710_062706.jpg

They are watered with the pasture pump and no complaints so far. Its fed from a 5 meter deep well, dug with a digger and lined with an 18 inch corripipe. Its close to a spring. It overflows out into a drain. Its still overflowing. It holds 5ft of water in this weather and hasn't dropped yet.

IMG_20180710_062829.jpg
IMG_20180710_062919.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 56236 What a great run of weather. Well deserved after all we suffered last winter. Its only a few short weeks since the incessant rain stopped. I have never seen land as dry. Even still, grass is moving. Its 10 days since this field was ate bare. Another 15 days before they will be back grazing it.

View attachment 56234

My heifers are on barer ground but still seem to be thriving.

View attachment 56235
This last 5 days we have been getting a very heavy dew. It has been quite warm but calm and dull. It has really pushed grass on.
My boots this morning from looking at cattle.
View attachment 56237

I'm trying to keep good grass ahead of 15 cows and 16 calves and managing so far. Theres a serious thrive on calves. Grass goes so much further in this weather.

View attachment 56238

They are watered with the pasture pump and no complaints so far. Its fed from a 5 meter deep well, dug with a digger and lined with an 18 inch corripipe. Its close to a spring. It overflows out into a drain. Its still overflowing. It holds 5ft of water in this weather and hasn't dropped yet.

View attachment 56240
View attachment 56241
would some of the mods put mucky on gardening leave for a few weeks, he,s doing me head in with his dew and regrowths and lashings of water :no:, next thing is his swedish au pair splashing around in a drinking trough:ban:

would some of the mods put mucky on gardening leave for a few weeks, he,s doing me head in with his dew and regrowths and lashings of water :no:, next thing is his swedish au pair splashing around in a drinking trough:ban:

Just to rub it in, we had a small bit of rain this morning. Not a lot, but enough to keep things going!

If any of you want to call here with your bucket I can give you some rain water. Just 1 bucket per person mind you. Its drying nearly as fast as it falls.

IMG_20180714_193459.jpg

A friend was in mayo for a few days last week said it wasnt near as warm as here and was much greener. And there was a small drop of rain most nights

IMG_20180723_201940.jpg A lad brought me a gallon of liquid fertilizer today to test out. Its seaweed based. Recons its the most concentrated on the market. I put it on at 1 litre to the acre in 100 litres of water per acre. May just have wasted half a gallon of diesel but we will see what it brings.

View attachment 56884 A lad brought me a gallon of liquid fertilizer today to test out. Its seaweed based. Recons its the most concentrated on the market. I put it on at 1 litre to the acre in 100 litres of water per acre. May just have wasted half a gallon of diesel but we will see what it brings.

Any reason for having the booms so high mucky?

Its about €5 per litre. The seller claims that it works really well on stressed grass such as during a drought. You can also mix it into the sprayer if spraying rushes. I don't know what it will do but time will tell.

Do You have a link to it mucky?

Its about €5 per litre. The seller claims that it works really well on stressed grass such as during a drought. You can also mix it into the sprayer if spraying rushes. I don't know what it will do but time will tell.
These magic potions are able to tell the difference between stressed grass and stressed rushes that are dying from MCPA poisoning. It revives the grass and kills the rushes . What is the difference between Quinine and Strychnine? Mrs Bog Man says about 70 cents a bottle .

Back