Mucky Manor Pics

These magic potions are able to tell the difference between stressed grass and stressed rushes that are dying from MCPA poisoning. It revives the grass and kills the rushes . What is the difference between Quinine and Strychnine? Mrs Bog Man says about 70 cents a bottle .

Luckily it was €0 for the gallon that I got. Will update you on the results.

Do you know of any like yours with the card slot?

Bought the one above then realised it doesn't have the card slot.:no:
Its got to be a sricam model sp008 to have a card slot. I can't see any in the UK on eBay. Only China and hong Kong. You could try asking one of the sellers with the ones without the slot if they have an sp008 or if they can get it in for you.

I don't. It came in a very basic drum with only application instructions on it. He is to come back to me in 2 weeks to see the results in the hope that I will buy some. If it does work I might buy a couple of drums for mixing with MCPA for rushes. I'll get you some details then.
Keep us updated on how it goes @muckymanor. If it seems to be a good success I would have a few fields that it could suit, so could be something interesting :Thumbp2:

can you mow that ground mucky?
Hasn't been dry enough to drive over for 5 years until this week. I reckoned that spraying might have the best long-term impact. Will top it in 3 weeks if still dry. Its a big stripe of low ground. We usually put autumn calvers on it. They will have loads to eat but won't get fat.

First of the second cut will be fit to cut in a week. Its less than 6 weeks since it got slurry and fertilizer. Walked it this evening and the rain has really brought it on in the last few days. Next dry spell and it will be cut. This particular bit will, when cut, gives me access to 9 acres of grazing which up to now has had turf spread on it. Turf all gone so I can graze away.

IMG_20180729_204923.jpg IMG_20180729_204915.jpg

@scoffcruddle

Fluoreon cameras are identical to Sricam. They come from the same factory.
This one has the card slot.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-Wi...701244&hash=item2cd45c7a82:g:dKUAAOSw77pbVpBp

I offered £65 for it but he didn't except :no: have offered £70 now.

Set the one I bought last week up on a building,couldn't get wi-fi with my phone but the camera did.:Thumbp2:

Pretty good camera,not a great difference in quality to my £1k camera,longevity will be the thing.

I offered £65 for it but he didn't except :no: have offered £70 now.

Set the one I bought last week up on a building,couldn't get wi-fi with my phone but the camera did.:Thumbp2:

Pretty good camera,not a great difference in quality to my £1k camera,longevity will be the thing.

Mine are almost 12 months now and not a bother on them. See loads of companies selling them now for up to 500 euro. They just rebrand them in their own name.

How much per litre?

Do You have a link to it mucky?

These magic potions are able to tell the difference between stressed grass and stressed rushes that are dying from MCPA poisoning. It revives the grass and kills the rushes . What is the difference between Quinine and Strychnine? Mrs Bog Man says about 70 cents a bottle .

Update on the seaweed liquid fertilizer that I posted about a few weeks back.
We have had a flush of growth in the last 2 weeks so it's impossible to say if it was the cause of better grass growth, however, it was noticably greener.
Second to that, the cows were on it this week. It was old pasture with old grass through it, some of the grass white. Anywhere that got a spray of it was eaten white while they left grass that the sprayer missed. There's lines through the field following where the sprayer went. I had planned on topping it, but that won't be necessary now.

Update on the seaweed liquid fertilizer that I posted about a few weeks back.
We have had a flush of growth in the last 2 weeks so it's impossible to say if it was the cause of better grass growth, however, it was noticably greener.
Second to that, the cows were on it this week. It was old pasture with old grass through it, some of the grass white. Anywhere that got a spray of it was eaten white while they left grass that the sprayer missed. There's lines through the field following where the sprayer went. I had planned on topping it, but that won't be necessary now.

Everywhere is greener , as you say . I see a big difference myself on land I limed last year , in color and grazed tighter. What would your land be like for PH ?

Its an interesting comparison to have an odd missed strip , especially that cows didn’t graze it as tightly. You may buy a GPS :yes:
Any notion of cost yet ?

Everywhere is greener , as you say . I see a big difference myself on land I limed last year , in color and grazed tighter. What would your land be like for PH ?

Its an interesting comparison to have an odd missed strip , especially that cows didn’t graze it as tightly. You may buy a GPS :yes:
Any notion of cost yet ?

My land got lime 2 years ago and was soil tested last year for glas and it was ok.
I have nothing to compare the growth to because everywhere around here greened up in the last 2 weeks with the rain. But where I sprayed was darker green. It is very noticable that the strips I sprayed were ate bare and that part of the field that I left intentionally without spray or any lines that I missed inbetween were not ate as much.

The brand is Multi-mite and it's €25 per 5 litres. It's recommended to spray it at 2 litres per hectare along with MCPA when spraying rushes.

My land got lime 2 years ago and was soil tested last year for glas and it was ok.
I have nothing to compare the growth to because everywhere around here greened up in the last 2 weeks with the rain. But where I sprayed was darker green. It is very noticable that the strips I sprayed were ate bare and that part of the field that I left intentionally without spray or any lines that I missed inbetween were not ate as much.

The brand is Multi-mite and it's €25 per 5 litres. It's recommended to spray it at 2 litres per hectare along with MCPA when spraying rushes.

It's not expensive anyway. I expected it to be 30 or 40 an acre . Lot of "Snake Oil " products are sold on the basis that you won't expect it to work unless you pay dear for it.

That's fair enough on the soil tests.
It never ceases to amaze me lads who won't spend a fiver an acre per year on lime , and then when their ground isn't performing reared it costing maybe 200 an acre . Still not spread lime . Spread 3 bags of 24/2.5/10 , no slurry and cut a heavy crop at the end of June. Then after 3 years say "xxx grass seed is only shite".

It's not expensive anyway. I expected it to be 30 or 40 an acre . Lot of "Snake Oil " products are sold on the basis that you won't expect it to work unless you pay dear for it.

That's fair enough on the soil tests.
It never ceases to amaze me lads who won't spend a fiver an acre per year on lime , and then when their ground isn't performing reared it costing maybe 200 an acre . Still not spread lime . Spread 3 bags of 24/2.5/10 , no slurry and cut a heavy crop at the end of June. Then after 3 years say "xxx grass seed is only shite".

He came back to me and I bought 5 litres from him. It will specifically be for mixing with MCPA for spraying rushes over the next week or 2.

I know full well the value of lime. I'm watching lads on land around us who wouldn't be too heavily stocked and they'd be going with a bag of Can twice a year to the acre and still getting poor results. 2 ton of lime for €50 would leave their land growing double the amount of grass for the next 5 years with only spreading half as much fertilizer as they do now. A lot of people only tend to plan for the short term.

He came back to me and I bought 5 litres from him. It will specifically be for mixing with MCPA for spraying rushes over the next week or 2.

I know full well the value of lime. I'm watching lads on land around us who wouldn't be too heavily stocked and they'd be going with a bag of Can twice a year to the acre and still getting poor results. 2 ton of lime for €50 would leave their land growing double the amount of grass for the next 5 years with only spreading half as much fertilizer as they do now. A lot of people only tend to plan for the short term.

Three bags of 18-6-12 plus Sulphur would go a long way too either.

Agree completely with you on lime. Cheapest fertilizer you can buy. One tonne of lime is less than two small bags of CAN!

Three bags of 18-6-12 plus Sulphur would go a long way too either.

Agree completely with you on lime. Cheapest fertilizer you can buy. One tonne of lime is less than two small bags of CAN!
Or a few bags of can. But in my eyes I have to try new things for myself to see if they are better or worse. Something small like this doesn't break the bank.

Grass is really pushing on as if it was June 1st. Really hope the weather doesn't come so wet so as to ruin these ground conditions. Can handle showers but not a week of heavy rain. IMG_20180810_071920.jpg

Back