Slurry before lime?

dstig

I don't know if this was covered or not before but anyway here goes, I've ploughed ground and it hasn't been land levelled or power harrow yet, I've a tank of slurry (milking parlour washing) to spread. Could this be spread before the dressing and the seeding and the application of lime or is there something wrong with my plan ! I would be spreading 2T of lime/acre after sometime next week

I don't know if this was covered or not before but anyway here goes, I've ploughed ground and it hasn't been land levelled or power harrow yet, I've a tank of slurry (milking parlour washing) to spread. Could this be spread before the dressing and the seeding and the application of lime or is there something wrong with my plan ! I would be spreading 2T of lime/acre after sometime next week

I done the same thing in that order at the beginning of June and the grass is growing, it took it a while to get going though because of the drought, it just needs to stop raining now:rolleyes2:

Screenshot_20180817-195921.png
from teagasc. Or God depending on your personality.

Id say if your going to work in the slurry when sowing you might not need to leave it ten days.

I reseeded a field in 2011 that was very poor and I put 4 spans of slurry on 3 acres then disced it and sowed it and then it got lime and 18612 it never looked back

If it's just about the bit of N I would spread it and the lime without a care, can't be too much N in parlour washings. the other option is to hold the slurry if possible and put it out after the reseeding job.

Back