hedgecutting

I bailed out today due to excess blackberry spatter on the side window, just going to finish the fields that I'm going to plant winter barley in.
It seems a shame to rob the birds of their fruit so I'll leave the rest for another few weeks. Huge amount of blackberries out there this year, the drought hasn't affected the fruit so far. Will be ploughing next week so the birds will be doubly pleased.
MF30

I bailed out today due to excess blackberry spatter on the side window, just going to finish the fields that I'm going to plant winter barley in.
It seems a shame to rob the birds of their fruit so I'll leave the rest for another few weeks. Huge amount of blackberries out there this year, the drought hasn't affected the fruit so far. Will be ploughing next week so the birds will be doubly pleased.
MF30

Good on you for thinking of the birds.

Got hitched up yesterday morning and only managed about 20mins before my hydraulic pump gave up,on closer inspection the drain plug has dropped out and the whole thing is scrap.
Got two years growth to catch up with.

Arthur
Is that a new trimmer looks bang tidy and is it a twin cut, looks a very nice finish
Second season machine with a new 1.6 metre single rotor head, it came with the wrong head in May 2017 and took 'till July this year to get the proper head sorted.

Got hitched up yesterday morning and only managed about 20mins before my hydraulic pump gave up,on closer inspection the drain plug has dropped out and the whole thing is scrap.
Got two years growth to catch up with.
It's probably the gearbox is cooked, the pump should be fine. The gearbox oil level is often overlooked on trimmers!

YouTuber repurposing old wrapper belts for debris skirts @ 10:50 this video. See his other videos for his Ford 8830 powershift:drool:

Anyone else struggling with cleavers (I think that's what it is):unsure: round the arable fields this time? The bloody stuff seems to be in every field here, its wrapping round the end of the rotor and bearing housings. Knackered a bearing last year with it!!!!!!

Anyone else struggling with cleavers (I think that's what it is):unsure: round the arable fields this time? The bloody stuff seems to be in every field here, its wrapping round the end of the rotor and bearing housings. Knackered a bearing last year with it!!!!!!
Probably cleavers alright, when it ripens it's like a net and drops to the bottom bearing when siding, often see it smoking from friction, cursed stuff.

Probably cleavers alright, when it ripens it's like a net and drops to the bottom bearing when siding, often see it smoking from friction, cursed stuff.
That's the stuff!!!:curse:
Back working tonight:Thumbp2:,robbed the complete pump and gearbox off my project hedger:rolleyes2: can't believe how quite new one is.:cool1:
What's this project hedger then?????????????

That's the stuff!!!:curse:

What's this project hedger then?????????????

Was a bomford 81/81 that I bought a few years ago with missing bits on the hydraulic cetops,I've decided to break it for parts now,so if anyone wants a telescopic boom for a hedger I've one going cheap.

Was a bomford 81/81 that I bought a few years ago with missing bits on the hydraulic cetops,I've decided to break it for parts now,so if anyone wants a telescopic boom for a hedger I've one going cheap.
Is that one that will cut either side of the tractor?

It does happen sometimes unfortunately. There's usually a seal in a carrier between the rotor and the bearing to prevent this but they often get damaged if the bearing fails and are then chucked out instead of replacing it due to the price of this seal. When the rotor is stiff to turn by hand it's usually full of cleavers or wire!
MF30

Back