Mucky Manor Pics

View attachment 56884 A lad brought me a gallon of liquid fertilizer today to test out. Its seaweed based. Recons its the most concentrated on the market. I put it on at 1 litre to the acre in 100 litres of water per acre. May just have wasted half a gallon of diesel but we will see what it brings.
Cud u pm me contact details if where you got to stuff mucky . Thank you

View attachment 56884 A lad brought me a gallon of liquid fertilizer today to test out. Its seaweed based. Recons its the most concentrated on the market. I put it on at 1 litre to the acre in 100 litres of water per acre. May just have wasted half a gallon of diesel but we will see what it brings.

Just an update on the seaweed fertilizer that I sprayed on 23 July. I'm mighty impressed with it. See the picture below on the type of ground that I sprayed it onto - Rough enough grazing that cattle never really fully eat out and as a result old type of grass remains which is only cleared by topping it. I haven't been at home in daylight this week to take some pictures of it now, but what has happened is that the cattle have gone mad for the grass that I sprayed with it. They have quite literally left the ground white that I sprayed. In one field, I sprayed one full circle around the boundary and then half of the inside. They have it whitened, and they have only half eaten the piece in the middle of it that didn't receive any spray. They have just completed their third grazing over it now since I sprayed it and they have still only half eaten the unsprayed bit.

Di it grow any extra grass? It's impossible to say due to the weather that we had and the growth that we have seen. What it did do was allow me to get far greater use out of the grass that I have. I recon that it cost me about €3 per acre + the cost of applying it. If I was buying it in bigger drums - 25l rather than 5l, I could probably cut that cost to €2 per acre. I have applied some along with MCPA onto rushy ground and the result has been the same. It's definitely something that I will be applying to all of my grazing ground in 2019.

index.php

You have your own wrapper?
Yea, we bought our own back almost 15 years ago when brother in law used to bale for us and he had no wrapper. I wrap for 2 or 3 friends of mine who just have their own balers. Not mad numbers but it keeps me busy.

:censored:
Something says I comment on a photo very similar to one u posted and the comment is the same. There's nothing worse than bakes on lines and no gap between them takes near twice as long 3 foot minimum!!!!!!!!!
It depends on the tractor. Our nh has a shuttle, you can pick up a bale and reverse back without even touching the clutch. Lads that can't line them straight is a bigger bugbear of mine

I used tell lads leave a big gab between them if you pick up one wrong your done for.

One of the lads went to wrap for a man this year that had the bales all lined up that way 180 of them he forgot about us having a front loading wrapper :speechless:

You won't know yourself next year with grass
We soil tested earlier this year and p and k levels are double what they need to be for index 4 soils but obviously locked up. Went with just 1 ton per acre and will go with another ton per acre in 2 years time.

What a fantastic summer we had all the way from may through to now. We are blessed to have the cows still out and lucky for to have grass like this for them to go onto on the last rotation. I don't expect them to get too far on it but if they get the next 2 weeks out without too much damage I'll be very happy.

IMG_20181014_110658.jpg IMG_20181014_110652.jpg

Lick feeder is working really well for us. 10 on this side getting 2kg each per day. I threw 60kg into it yesterday and they will have it gone by Monday. Its amazing that they don't fight over it. Instead they just line up one by one and have eat their share a few times a day. Screenshot_20190112-084138.png

I’m sure you’ve said before, just wondering what’s the figures on that, how much do they cost?
What’s the min and max that can be fed per day.
If you wanted to feed 10 or 12kg/day would it work? do they come in bigger sizes?

@muckymanor what feed are you putting in the 3in1?

I use mine for ad-lib feeding as my home mixed rations bridge in them,I've a rod in each one to poke the feed down whenever we're passing.

Any of ye do a farmyard sketch for a tams application. I wonder will this be OK? I don't think it needs to be too complicated. IMG_20190221_201155.jpg

Should be fine but I would put numbers instead of the descriptions on the actual buildings and then put a legend on the side as you will need a numbering system to enter the location of items on the TAMS system. Also show which direction is north, address of yard, and herd number

Back