Brexit

There is something inherently wrong about these brexit negotiations. From looking from the outside in, the whole thing appears to be a political point scoring event which is being played out by politicians in the media. I firmly believe that they have their eye off the ball. They need to refocus. Not for us Irish, but for themselves. The EU will make some gesture to look after Ireland if this thing goes tits up but they will squeeze Britain if Britain can't form an agreement with them.
Agree

42896651_10217153161009201_2575354616514347008_n.jpg

i still think the Europeans are using bullying tactics to try any rip us off . clearly the irish boarder is a problem but to concentrate everything on that and ignore everything ekse is just stalling tactics so we need to sell our sole to them on a last minute deal on a trade agreement .i for one would rather walk away with no agreement that be nailed dwn to some bullshit contract that feckes us over for the next 100 years . the world wont stop turning if we break up with no trade deal. no point going for short term gains that will ultimately f**k us over in the long term and we end up having to constanly dance to there tune . this is the uk ... Great Britain thats not how we do things here

i still think the Europeans are using bullying tactics to try any rip us off . clearly the irish boarder is a problem but to concentrate everything on that and ignore everything ekse is just stalling tactics so we need to sell our sole to them on a last minute deal on a trade agreement .i for one would rather walk away with no agreement that be nailed dwn to some bullshit contract that feckes us over for the next 100 years . the world wont stop turning if we break up with no trade deal. no point going for short term gains that will ultimately f**k us over in the long term and we end up having to constanly dance to there tune . this is the uk ... Great Britain thats not how we do things here
Look what Trump achieved with his deal with Canada. He's correcting the US balance of trade problem and employment is rising. You need to get away from the EU asap and paddle your own canoe. The EU is strangling itself by ignoring primary and manufacturing and we'll go with it. As for the North it's time the started governing themselves because it seems you don't want them and neither do we no matter how much we pretend.

Are there many Eastern European workers
On farms in Britain and If so what will happen to them if brexit goes through.

Lots of speculation in the media today that a deal will be done by next week.:scratchhead:

Hard to see it.:unsure:

Are there many Eastern European workers
On farms in Britain and If so what will happen to them if brexit goes through.

I thought someone might of been able to comment on this.

Here in Ireland there doesn't seem to be that many Europeans working on farms but in the meat processing and other areas they make up the majority. Im just wondering If it's similar in England. And who is going to replace them or will they be able to continue

Here in Ireland there doesn't seem to be that many Europeans working on farms but in the meat processing and other areas they make up the majority. Im just wondering If it's similar in England. And who is going to replace them or will they be able to continue
Two Brasilians milking on the farm next door but I imagine they are in on permits or else illegal. There is a Hungarian working on a local Tillage farm and a fair man to bend iron in a good way.

The majority of staff on the veg and soft fruit farms would be European ,by all accounts a serious labour shortage is looming.

Serious amount working in the fruit and veg world. And as you say in the meat plants.

I think there are a few about milking too, although I think the milking might be extra income more than full time.

Had a Polish truck driver here the other day, a weeks trucking is better pay than a month as a super market manager in Poland!

Will these workers be able to remain on or will they have to be replaced. Who will replace them.

Just like every other question nobody seems to have a definite answer Its like us standing in the yard debating what to do ,come 3 o,clock in the afternoon their nowt done and no decision made.

The labour situation in agriculture is getting more and more serious over here in Ireland and we don’t even have Brexit. It’s a common discussion point recently, farmers and contractors finding it harder and harder to get people to work. Truck drivers are scarce too apparently.

The labour situation in agriculture is getting more and more serious over here in Ireland and we don’t even have Brexit. It’s a common discussion point recently, farmers and contractors finding it harder and harder to get people to work. Truck drivers are scarce too apparently.
Huge problem going forward unless year long work can be provided

It's hard to see it changing for the better, until the rewards for the farmer or contractor improve and the two are linked there is no scope to pay an attractive wage and reinvest in the business, the goose that laid the golden egg is being squeezed out of existence by the processors and supermarkets.

Back