Soil Test Results?

J

JoeC

Lads, Bit of a novice question, I got soil samples from silage ground tested a few weeks back and merchant sent on results this morning. Can anyone make out what they mean in terms of fert required?. Lime requirement is fairly self explanatory.
Have attached, Hopefully you'll be able to make them out,
Thanks in advance.
Joe

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-12 at 11.24.34.jpeg

What are you growing in these fields?
Both samples need a shed load of K.
Sample 1 is good for P unless growing Maize, Beet, reseeding or spring cereals, all of the above would respond to a little P.
Sample 2 needs a shed load of P.

What are you growing in these fields?
Both samples need a shed load of K.
Sample 1 is good for P unless growing Maize, Beet, reseeding or spring cereals, all of the above would respond to a little P.
Sample 2 needs a shed load of P.
Thanks for the reply, it's all grass, grazing and taking a cut of silage off also.

What rate would be needed to correct?

Thanks for the reply, it's all grass, grazing and taking a cut of silage off also.

What rate would be needed to correct?
I'm no expert on it but it tells you there under kg/ha. ie both need 90 kg/ha for grazing ground. So for example there is 20 units of k in in a bag of 10-10-20 so you would need 4 to 5 bags of it for grazing ground. If I remember correctly p and k needs to be built up over time.

Ye as gone says both low in k
Sample 2 very low in P
Building P levels is a slow and expensive process .
I would spread straight P ,something like 0 16 0 little and often .
Or pig slurry .
I think K levels are easier corrected.
In my experience anyhow .
Soil type has a lot to do with it too.

Regards p, pig slurry or dap. 18n 20p 0k

Id put cattle slurry for k or the estimated offtake for the crop your growing bag of mop will give you a good kick. 0-0-50, if for grazing take it easy with k, you don't want grass tetney at the start of the year

How about going with a bag of K to The acre In The next week If It takes up again.

Do you have access to slurry/dung that go on These?

How about going with a bag of K to The acre In The next week If It takes up again.

Do you have access to slurry/dung that go on These?
Unfortunately slurry already went out on it, must be very low in that case! Could go with a bag next week alright, 0-7-30 or 0-10-20 maybe?

Unfortunately slurry already went out on it, must be very low in that case! Could go with a bag next week alright, 0-7-30 or 0-10-20 maybe?

You shouldn't be spreading bagged P now! I meant a bag of K, so 0-0-50.

When you are grazing it, what usually do you use? If using CAN you'd be way better off using 18-6-12, 14-7-14 or 10-10-20.

The test results say that 90kg/ha of K is needed, would you need to put on 90kg plus whatever is needed for silage on top of that

Back