Boosting phone signal in house or workshop

jd-baz

think someone asked about this before but is there a booster you can get to help signal in a house or a workshop?
With the summer coming to an end im starting to spend more time back in the workshop and both yesterday and friday i got a few calls in the evening time and both said they had been trying me all day.
Went about getting wifi in the workshop but haven’t it finished,have the wires in but didn’t finish it.
Anyone using anything in a house or what would lads recommend?

think someone asked about this before but is there a booster you can get to help signal in a house or a workshop?
With the summer coming to an end im starting to spend more time back in the workshop and both yesterday and friday i got a few calls in the evening time and both said they had been trying me all day.
Went about getting wifi in the workshop but haven’t it finished,have the wires in but didn’t finish it.
Anyone using anything in a house or what would lads recommend?
I have seen a few of these and may even have a Vodafone one if you want to try it, in general they only slightly improve things.
Best way of improving loss of calls is,
1) to change provider
2)change phone, ( Apple are very poor, old 2G phones are best, Doro, Samsung and Nokia still do them),
3)change the bands your phone is working on, (jumping between 2, 3 and 4G the phone can loose all signal restrict it 2G while in workshop).

Not worried about the 3g or internet in the workshop as iv the wire ran from the house and a friend said he will be able to use the wifi from the house out in the shed,
But if I could get the phone to ring atall it would be a help.
But as a few have said it i must be missing calls.
If it rang ill go outside to take the call.
A quick google brings up boosters but curious if someone has one.

Not worried about the 3g or internet in the workshop as iv the wire ran from the house and a friend said he will be able to use the wifi from the house out in the shed,
But if I could get the phone to ring atall it would be a help.
But as a few have said it i must be missing calls.
If it rang ill go outside to take the call.
A quick google brings up boosters but curious if someone has one.
Try restrict the phone to 2G while in the workshop, that might be enough to get it to ring.

There's two types I'm aware of. One is from your mobile provider and plugs into the broadband basically becoming a mobile mast itself.

The second has something like a TV aerial on it to grab a weak signal which it then retransmits.

A friend had the second type with good success, he just bought it from donedeal and pkuggpl it in up in the attic

Turn off answering service in the phone, i was missing calls aswell the phone wasnt bothering to ring only straight to answering, the whole lot are gone to fuck anyway and i'm looking stright at the main mast up in holyhill..
Im the same id often get calls and lads saying they were trying to get through all day.
One of the lads that works with us phone goes straight to voicemail all the time he'd ring back instantly it never rings he just gets a text saying such and such rang him

Vodafone have one. Will throw it in for free if you ring and give out about signal. Plug it into 3 pin socket and away it goes. Not perfect but will let you get calls for sure

The Vodafone suresignal is no longer available.

Most of the other boosters available are illegal here in Ireland but they do work, I have one here from :

https://www.mobilerepeater.ie/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm97kyYSq3gIVi7TtCh19Dg9zEAAYAiAAEgIkWPD_BwE

Vodafone were to bring out wifi calling two years ago but kept delaying the launch. I was at a meeting at work with a Vodafone business manager in relation to the company's mobile phone accounts, he has confirmed that Vodafone will launch wifi calling within 4 months. (Guarantee in writing tied into getting company mobile contract)

Turn off answering service in the phone, i was missing calls aswell the phone wasnt bothering to ring only straight to answering, the whole lot are gone to fuck anyway and i'm looking stright at the main mast up in holyhill..
The power on that mast is turned down every Friday evening and back up again on Monday morning. Good friend of mine farms near it and that's what he was saying

Seemingly they cut back the power on a lot of the big masts around the city's and big towns at the weekend .less calls and cutbacks I suppose

I have a Vodafone sure signal box which worked well when we had a landline. The landline only gave us 1mb of internet speed so we changed to wireless broadband with a handset for making calls, now we have 20mb for the same monthly fee. Problem was the sure signal box stopped working then and when I rang Vodafone about it they said the box only works on fixed lines and not on wireless systems. Still
have the box somewhere if you want to try it out. I then joined 3 network for my mobile phone and coverage is now fine.

I need to get a signal booster here as can only talk while standing at one window.
Has anyone bought anything recently?
I have been recommended to buy from novatel in cork
450 for calls and text only.
650 or more if you want data as well.
There are cheaper ones on dd.
I want something decent,as I am running a business from the mobile

I need to get a signal booster here as can only talk while standing at one window.
Has anyone bought anything recently?
I have been recommended to buy from novatel in cork
450 for calls and text only.
650 or more if you want data as well.
There are cheaper ones on dd.
I want something decent,as I am running a business from the mobile
I have a good Vodafone one here, which is of no use to me, if it is of any use to you

I have a good Vodafone one here, which is of no use to me, if it is of any use to you
Is that a sure signal one,ie for making calls via broadband?
All networks are poor here as our house is in a hollow.our family are all on eir, including a landline,which I suppose we only need as the mobile is so poor.
I have a dual sim phone with a Vodafone chip as well but it's not really any improvement

Is that a sure signal one,ie for making calls via broadband?
All networks are poor here as our house is in a hollow.our family are all on eir, including a landline,which I suppose we only need as the mobile is so poor.
I have a dual sim phone with a Vodafone chip as well but it's not really any improvement
No, it is an older one that boosts the signal, it works fairly well, but limited to Vodafone only. I'm sure it is possible to change it's signal bit that is well beyond my pay grade. Also not sure of it's range, it did the whole house here, but not sure after that.

I’ve one here in the Kitchen,it’s excellent for calls but useless for texts.

You have to buy the correct frequency for your network.

Back