hedgecutting

Used to run 26psi in the rear with the michelins
Got 20 at the mo with bkts but need to up it a bit
I got to have 34-35 psi in the 520's but 18psi is fine in the 800's. I'd have the 800's on all the time for trimming only for the damn narrow lanes, so much more stable with them on.

I got to have 34-35 psi in the 520's but 18psi is fine in the 800's. I'd have the 800's on all the time for trimming only for the damn narrow lanes, so much more stable with them on.
I'm running 35psi in the rear left, a 600/65/38 Pirelli, the right at 25psi. needs all the 35psi when at full stretch.

Do you not find it rocks a bit as both tyres arnt same pressure?
Depends on the ground but then again you would rarely be at full reach on a good surface like the road, the field margins here are choppy enough as they got hocked with stock last spring then went rock hard with the dry summer, you'd be bobbing around a bit no matter what setup.

Ok wasnt sure what the max was:Thumbp2:
Screenshot%202018-10-01%2009.50.06.png

Pile of places went too soft and got skipped last year.
Catching up on them this year though.
Some 4 and 5 year growth taking 10 passes.

Anyone cut hedges to an A shape?
Reason l ask is l got a new job and owner asked me to do this.
The Hedges had not been done for 4or 5 years due to a death in thefamily and subsequent fall out of offspring.
So l did the job best l could though l d be the first to admit it didnt look great as hedges had all been flat topped in the past and they were now higher and thinner on top.
Owner away all week and was not impressed on return. Looks like l' ll have to go around it all again and flat top it.
How many years would it take to convert a hedge from flattop to A shape?

The Hedges had not been done for 4or 5 years due to a death in thefamily and subsequent fall out of offspring.
So l did the job best l could though l d be the first to admit it didnt look great as hedges had all been flat topped in the past and they were now higher and thinner on top.
Owner away all week and was not impressed on return. Looks like l' ll have to go around it all again and flat top it.
It'll look ok next year with some new growth on it. With 4-5 years growth what ever you did would look shite anyway.

With 4 or 5 years growth its going to be hard to get it looking good anyway. I don’t like the A shaped hedges at all. We lost a job for hedge cutting once and another man cut it for a year and cut it A shaped. Farmer wasn’t impressed and got us back. Flat top looks much tidier I think

We have A shaped a lot of our hedges with the verge trimmer . The hedge cutter cuts the top off every couple of years . It is a lot better fence and if the sprayer boom gets into it is a lot easier to get out of .
If you cut them square all the time you end up with shaving brushes.
The A shape gives a better base plus the bits sticking up are roosting places for birds to sing from .

Back