hedgecutting

Anyone cut hedges to an A shape?
Reason l ask is l got a new job and owner asked me to do this.
The Hedges had not been done for 4or 5 years due to a death in thefamily and subsequent fall out of offspring.
So l did the job best l could though l d be the first to admit it didnt look great as hedges had all been flat topped in the past and they were now higher and thinner on top.
Owner away all week and was not impressed on return. Looks like l' ll have to go around it all again and flat top it.
How many years would it take to convert a hedge from flattop to A shape?
As the others have said your never going to get a pretty finish from 4/5 years growth, with a flat top you've all the butchering hidden from sight but with the A shape everything is on show. It'd look better next year.
A lot of the time it's not possible but I try to slope my hedges in slightly, it's better for the hedge being wider at the base and I prefer the look of it too...

Anyone cut hedges to an A shape?
Reason l ask is l got a new job and owner asked me to do this.
The Hedges had not been done for 4or 5 years due to a death in thefamily and subsequent fall out of offspring.
So l did the job best l could though l d be the first to admit it didnt look great as hedges had all been flat topped in the past and they were now higher and thinner on top.
Owner away all week and was not impressed on return. Looks like l' ll have to go around it all again and flat top it.
How many years would it take to convert a hedge from flattop to A shape?
i woudnt have cut it without him there and telling him what it would look like

Prefer A shape myself but nearly all the customers want them flat.
They ask why you didnt cut the top.
I try to slope the sides inwards towards the top where possible, it creates better growth at the base, was once asked to do the full A shape and not touch the top, it worked out OK because it was only 2 years growth but the year after all the top had stretched up so had to flat it off, if I was asked again I'd A it with a light run on the top from the start.

How do you like the spearhead Shane?

Two different trimmers in the pics?? :deyective:

Find them a good machine, good few around these parts, the older one 726t good machine and parts aren’t mad money, was my first hedgecutter so can’t compare it to anything but never gave much boder.

Ya upgraded few weeks back, tidy machine come up Twiga pro 700t, seems to be running well so far so good :Thumbp2:

Find them a good machine, good few around these parts, the older one 726t good machine and parts aren’t mad money, was my first hedgecutter so can’t compare it to anything but never gave much boder.

Ya upgraded few weeks back, tidy machine come up Twiga pro 700t, seems to be running well so far so good :Thumbp2:
Are they still using servo type controls or electric?

Are the flaps with the metal strip better??
Yes, they last a lot longer but the outside ones can get ripped easy if you aren't careful as they are more rigid plus the hydraulic front hood makes it a lot easier on them as you can open it up a bit to let stronger stuff in.

Is this an extra big head or is it my eyesight?

https://www.donedeal.ie/hedgecutters-for-sale/mcconnel-pa2080-midcut/20097979

NzRkMTYzNTQyZTgxN2JkYmRkNWIyOWNhMTQ1ZjgyODgbqjLWhu35gv7u69ju6-klaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTEyMTQ1MDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Back