Broadband.

Test it first
The test is a bit of a cod in ways, first thing it will do is look for a different server with the lowest ping so it will have changed from what you were on when you decided to test it, least my one does on ookla.

You are not gone over some anniversary with that crowd Peter?

Like could be with them for a year and get great signal and then they try to screw you over....

You are not gone over some anniversary with that crowd Peter?

Like could be with them for a year and get great signal and then they try to screw you over....

I'm with them around 4 years at this stage. The mast is over @bruceythom s way. I wonder is his new milking parlour blocking the signal?:sneaky:

I'm with them around 4 years at this stage. The mast is over @bruceythom s way. I wonder is his new milking parlour blocking the signal?:sneaky:

Believe or not, it's also terrible round here, and we're right under the mast! Used to have a great connection with Digiwebfor years, then it slowed down and lost signal altogether. They told me that it was trees in my site blocking the signal. There's no trees on my site, it's a high exposed site with a great view. I found out afterwards that they changed some settings on their mast to speed up the broadband in town at it weakened the signal out this way.

I'm with Eir (not fibre) and I always had a good service until last September. I used to have a silver modem but they sent me a new type because they said the silver ones had security issues. Since the new type came the service has been chronic bad, dropping connection like mad and since I have been complaining the dropping has stopped but the speed is slow as I reckon they slowed it to cure the dropping.

I'm with Eir (not fibre) and I always had a good service until last September. I used to have a silver modem but they sent me a new type because they said the silver ones had security issues. Since the new type came the service has been chronic bad, dropping connection like mad and since I have been complaining the dropping has stopped but the speed is slow as I reckon they slowed it to cure the dropping.
I can sympathise with you, not with Eir but it's the same network no matter who the provider is, Mine is with Pure Telecom, supposedly unlimited but it would be hard to use much data with a download speed that rarely exceeds 1.2, their excuse is the line is only capable of 2.5 at best, it's gone to pot since they started rolling out fibre in the locality, to my mind the server is like a water resevoir and it's like everyone on fibre has a big tap and I have a very small tap with my wired connection and am lucky to get a dribble, it's at it's worst when school ends as if every youngster was on the internet.

Eir are a shower of (insert your fave expletive). They don't get their own way and they feck off crying like babies. I have being having problems since last September with their service and they were extremely unhelpful. It seems their cure is to drop my broadband to 3 megs and I paying the same price as someone getting many times that. Then to add insult to injury they want me to sign up to fibre to improve my service, this will only be FTTC though as there's no fibre cable along the road to be able to get FTTH.
They're going to get the boot out of here very soon. :fight:

Eir are a shower of (insert your fave expletive). They don't get their own way and they feck off crying like babies. I have being having problems since last September with their service and they were extremely unhelpful. It seems their cure is to drop my broadband to 3 megs and I paying the same price as someone getting many times that. Then to add insult to injury they want me to sign up to fibre to improve my service, this will only be FTTC though as there's no fibre cable along the road to be able to get FTTH.
They're going to get the boot out of here very soon. :fight:
Stop the payments

Reasonably happy with this. Sunday evening would be a busy time. Paying for 20mbps download and 10mbps download.
It was slow a few weeks ago so I logged the complaint online with them. It was fixed when I came home from work without any contact from them.

upload_2018-10-21_19-31-42.png

Just an update on my previous posts. I quit paying Eir as per @headcase 's suggestion resulting in disconnection at the beginning of June. I did pay the outstanding after this so they reconnected me and sent a bill again in July but I wrote to them and told them I hadn't requested it so I was disconnected again. I'm now with Aptus, 150 megs for €39.99 pm. No landline phone now though but I rarely used it for the past few years so not missing it.

Just an update on my previous posts. I quit paying Eir as per @headcase 's suggestion resulting in disconnection at the beginning of June. I did pay the outstanding after this so they reconnected me and sent a bill again in July but I wrote to them and told them I hadn't requested it so I was disconnected again. I'm now with Aptus, 150 megs for €39.99 pm. No landline phone now though but I rarely used it for the past few years so not missing it.

Are you getting 150MB on the speed test ?

I’m paying virgin for 240 but can only get 80 for some reason.

They sent me this email recently but I am waiting to see is there fiber coming along the road. A few of us on the road are with DigiWeb and they are hopeless.
19EB67FF-8B49-40BE-A8D2-B930C2178FEF.png

Selling broadband :angry::2guns:had this chancer on the phone .... yes with fibre optic now to your house , me no its copper 1/2 a mile of it,, him, no no its fibre me, listen,,,,,, its copper ave joined it plenty of times with crimp connectors when trees go down though it ,,, silence :laugh:

Anyone that's considering believing Eir's marketing hype/advertising would do well to read the experiences of many people on this https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293 I'm sure there are many people who are happy with the service and others who have a bad experience but haven't posted on there but it's food for thought.

Anyone that's considering believing Eir's marketing hype/advertising would do well to read the experiences of many people on this https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293 I'm sure there are many people who are happy with the service and others who have a bad experience but haven't posted on there but it's food for thought.
been with eir for quite some time. many problems, a few to do with em and a few on our side. with them on their website, local village is said to have fibre within a year. few months ago it said within 6 months. internet speed doesnt help when on landline. i personally find it annoying as a past time for me is playing games, especially multiplayer games but even that i find is an annoyance as soon as someone else goes on done deal or check the news online while i'm playing a game, the ping skyrockets making it unplayable. download speeds on speedtest are reasonable at best sitting between 4.5Mbps to 6Mbps. But upload is a different story sitting between 0.1Mbps to 0.22Mbps. You might ask, why dont we change? before we were with eircom, then switched to IFA broadband as my dad was a member and was cheaper but was horrible in itself as it was much slower and customer service was non existent. then we switched back to eircom before they rebranded. because of what happened with IFA, my parents decided to distrust every other broadband service provider for some reason. before switching to eircom after IFA we checked out sky and virgin media but they had satellite connection and wanted us to knock down trees to get a clear signal but because it was my mum she was against this idea so went back to eircom. another problem we have with internet speeds is in fact the wiring in our house. house is very old thus the wiring has worn out over time. so when i hook up my pc or playstation via ethernet plug from the wall, theoretically speaking i am not getting the best internet connection i can get anywhere in the house from except one place, the modem which is in the hallway which is the only place where we have the DSL connection for it. no reason to get a new modem because of the wiring. wi-fi aint much better as the walls is pretty much thick layers of bricks and concrete.

We are planning on changing our broadband in the next month and are currently testing a system before we cut off the contract with the old supplier who has a maximum speed of 0.6mbps download and 0.4mbps upload. We used to have double those speeds which was barely sufficient for watching netflix.

The latest move that we have made is to three. We bought a huawei router off ebay that takes a sim card, and bought a three prepaid sim card. We top up by 20 euro per month for unlimited data (its capped at 60gb, but that's loads for us). We are getting speeds of up to 25mbps download and 10mbps upload and at peak times, we are seeing a minimum of 8mbps download and 3mbps upload. All of these are sufficient speeds for us and it comes to us at a very reasonable cost!

We are planning on changing our broadband in the next month and are currently testing a system before we cut off the contract with the old supplier who has a maximum speed of 0.6mbps download and 0.4mbps upload. We used to have double those speeds which was barely sufficient for watching netflix.

The latest move that we have made is to three. We bought a huawei router off ebay that takes a sim card, and bought a three prepaid sim card. We top up by 20 euro per month for unlimited data (its capped at 60gb, but that's loads for us). We are getting speeds of up to 25mbps download and 10mbps upload and at peak times, we are seeing a minimum of 8mbps download and 3mbps upload. All of these are sufficient speeds for us and it comes to us at a very reasonable cost!
So your using the phone sim purely for internet .

Back