Todays Photo

Time to
Your not allowed in the quarry here with a tractor, you have to wait at the weighbridge while they bring it with a loader!

And they're shoving the price of stone up by £8 per ton at the start of next year.:tdown:
buy a quarry

Your not allowed in the quarry here with a tractor, you have to wait at the weighbridge while they bring it with a loader!

And they're shoving the price of stone up by £8 per ton at the start of next year.:tdown:
You are not even left inside the gate of the quarry here, have it delivered by the truck load, or go to hardware shop where it is loaded with a telehandler with on board weighing

You are not even left inside the gate of the quarry here, have it delivered by the truck load, or go to hardware shop where it is loaded with a telehandler with on board weighing
I was just going to say the same hard to blame them lads landing in with 10×6 trailers with rotten timber butts on them and trying to load that with the big loaders.

Reactions: AYF
I was just going to say the same hard to blame them lads landing in with 10×6 trailers with rotten timber butts on them and trying to load that with the big loaders.

Trailer here is only a few feet longer and never seen the lads mess it in with the bucket at the local quarry. Think it's an L220 and the bucket is at least 10ft wide.

5t looks like nothing in it anyway.

I can count myself lucky being the go to man if they need a JCB telehandler awkward lifts and my bucket is just the right width to clear the weighbridge of snow.beacons and hi-vis are mandatory any smaller vehicle gets mag mount pennant at the weighbridge everybody has a 2 way radio + weighbridge man and the shovels have cb,s it makes for a quick turn round means your never out the cab till you are back down at the weighbridge . The size of the stone quarry here helps ( 40 acres ) so their is plenty of room to see though at 800ft above sea level visibility could be better some days.

Trailer here is only a few feet longer and never seen the lads mess it in with the bucket at the local quarry. Think it's an L220 and the bucket is at least 10ft wide.

5t looks like nothing in it anyway.
Im on about the ones that are rotten Nash and when stone touches them bits of timber start flying everywhere.
I know yer trailers would be in great condition

Im on about the ones that are rotten Nash and when stone touches them bits of timber start flying everywhere.
I know yer trailers would be in great condition

To be honest I'd say you lads are on about sand and gravel mainly too which is not in the local quarry.

You wouldn't be going in with a car trailer for a few kgs of two inch Downs :lol:

That's a Roadstone quarry, fairly strict on safety .
After the weighbridge you wait at a junction. The loader man will appear and either load you there or you follow him to the appropriate pile. Your supposed to stay in the cab and have a working beacon
lots of farmer outfits with those
pre-historic :whistle::whistle: timber trailers.
Also Transit tippers, jeeps and trailers etc.
Very handy Facility , 3 miles away, can bring what ever size load of whatever I want, to wherever I want at reasonable cost .

What a difference a year makes. It was about this time last year that Mountmellick was flooded. Land was swimming. I took this yesterday morning with a load of cattle on board
View attachment 60505
Land around here is still in incredible order.

4 or 5 miles from where you took that photo , what a field looks like after approx 200 tractors go in. And 5 Honda 50 s :rolleyes2:
Knock Co Tipperary 4th tractor run today. In aid of St James hospital , Dean Maxwell home Roscrea and the North Tipperary Hospice . @Mf240 togged out . A great day. A great video on Facebook.20181125_125702.jpg

Last edited:
4 or 5 miles from where you took that photo , what a field looks like after approx 200 tractors go in. And 5 Honda 50 s :rolleyes2:
Knock Co Tipperary 4th tractor run today. In aid of St James hospital , Dean Maxwell home Roscrea and the North Tipperary Hospice . @Mf240 togged out . A great day. A great video on Facebook.View attachment 60506
Are you not putting up the one of the Hell's Angels

The only one with a hint of Hells Angel has to be the beardy lad on the right..

The beardy lad on the opposite side is a trucker . reformed now with a wife and chap , but had his moments , once upon a time. The lad next me , his idea of entertainment was going to the Cork Jazz Festival.

Back