Todays Photo

How are the 6160's holding up compared to the older ones?

No to bad in fairness. Few bits but nothing massive or overly major. The 131 has roughly 9300 hours and the 132 has 8300 I think. Biggest issues we have with them is keeping air con going in them. Between fans and switches and relays and pumps and compressors. Always seems to be one of the deutz in the yard acting up

No to bad in fairness. Few bits but nothing massive or overly major. The 131 has roughly 9300 hours and the 132 has 8300 I think. Biggest issues we have with them is keeping air con going in them. Between fans and switches and relays and pumps and compressors. Always seems to be one of the deutz in the yard acting up
Are they both C-Shift?

No neither of them are c shift. They are both just gears same as all the older deutz. 6 + 4 spilts. 131 was bought new and 132 is the very same spec and bought second hand with 700 hours in spring 2015
Were they both giving the same kind of bother?

Were they both giving the same kind of bother?

With the air con they were giving the same problems. Also the gear cables get tight and snap. One time a cable might last 3000 hours and the next one might only do 1500 hours. We know how to manually select a gear while lying under the tractor so we always get them home.
As for major problems the 131 did break a gear in the 540 pto once adjitating. Broke one morning and was left into hegartys by 12 o clock and was ready to collect first thing the following morning.
The 132 did have gearbox problems but for the life of me I can’t remember what it was. It happened not long after we got it with lowish hours.

Back