kuhn combi

rambo

hi
Thinking of buying a combi baler wrapper and just wondering what the kuhn combi are like any info would be great
thanks

hi
Thinking of buying a combi baler wrapper and just wondering what the kuhn combi are like any info would be great
thanks
Have a fbp2135 at home. 2 issues are the pickup and the bale transfer.
The arms at the end of the time bar that run in the cam track in ours are lightly made up often breaks roll pins and can mess up the bearing on the roller that runs in the cam, biggest issue is changing these bearings, I've never done it myself but I'm told the entire pick up has to be taken apart to remove them where other manufacturers have a hole to take them out of in the cam track I believe.
Pick up on ours is a weak point.
Bale transfer can be dodgy in poorly shaped bales as if it leaves the bale chamber offset to one side the next flip exaggerates it and there is a 2nd flip that exaggerates again a d then in extreme cases it can end up on the table 90 degrees turn from where it should be.
We had issues electronically as well which were sorted out, it seems ours had a faulty loom, the part fitted to the tractor not the actual baler or control box, basically there is a plug on the baler you connect to a socket fitted by the dealer on the tractor so you can unhook everything quickly and leave the monitor in the tractor. The wiring loom on the tractor end was faulty. Which was a hassle in one respect and tbh Kuhn is lucky the didn't have a lawsuit as once when some flipper was in the wrong position and my brother went to set it manually at the back of the baler at the hydraulic bank the wrapper started itself in reverse and hit him, safety stop feature going one way but not in reverse. Anyway that issue would have been solved with the loom but the dealer support from who we purchased from was non existent except over the phone.
So to summarise, the pick up isn't the best nor is the bale transfer.
The rest of the machine is pretty bomb proof the feed intake is the best on the market and we've had no trouble with the bale chamber at all. There is a shaft that takes power from the gearbox to the feed rotor that broke with us once but it was covered under warranty.
All in all a good baler, better intake that a McHale or anything else in short lush crop but if you don't work with that it's hard to look past McHale with their transfer system imo.

Is there much difference in price between the 2. Slightly biased here but Mchale wud be my choice. But never drove a Kuhn.

Resale value would be a consideration, the depreciation on all those combis is colossal but the McHale would hold it's value better. Also when the time comes to change you'd have a far better choice of places to go with a 2nd-hand Fusion than a Kuhn combi. I'd go as far as to say a John Deere combi would be a safer bet, I don't know enough about either of them to say what the differences are but I'd imagine they're minor enough as they're both built by Kuhn.

Have a fbp2135 at home. 2 issues are the pickup and the bale transfer.
The arms at the end of the time bar that run in the cam track in ours are lightly made up often breaks roll pins and can mess up the bearing on the roller that runs in the cam, biggest issue is changing these bearings, I've never done it myself but I'm told the entire pick up has to be taken apart to remove them where other manufacturers have a hole to take them out of in the cam track I believe.
Pick up on ours is a weak point.
Bale transfer can be dodgy in poorly shaped bales as if it leaves the bale chamber offset to one side the next flip exaggerates it and there is a 2nd flip that exaggerates again a d then in extreme cases it can end up on the table 90 degrees turn from where it should be.
We had issues electronically as well which were sorted out, it seems ours had a faulty loom, the part fitted to the tractor not the actual baler or control box, basically there is a plug on the baler you connect to a socket fitted by the dealer on the tractor so you can unhook everything quickly and leave the monitor in the tractor. The wiring loom on the tractor end was faulty. Which was a hassle in one respect and tbh Kuhn is lucky the didn't have a lawsuit as once when some flipper was in the wrong position and my brother went to set it manually at the back of the baler at the hydraulic bank the wrapper started itself in reverse and hit him, safety stop feature going one way but not in reverse. Anyway that issue would have been solved with the loom but the dealer support from who we purchased from was non existent except over the phone.
So to summarise, the pick up isn't the best nor is the bale transfer.
The rest of the machine is pretty bomb proof the feed intake is the best on the market and we've had no trouble with the bale chamber at all. There is a shaft that takes power from the gearbox to the feed rotor that broke with us once but it was covered under warranty.
All in all a good baler, better intake that a McHale or anything else in short lush crop but if you don't work with that it's hard to look past McHale with their transfer system imo.

Who is your kuhn dealer? I considered a kuhn balepack for this year but a big worry was about backup from the dealer.

Resale value would be a consideration, the depreciation on all those combis is colossal but the McHale would hold it's value better. Also when the time comes to change you'd have a far better choice of places to go with a 2nd-hand Fusion than a Kuhn combi. I'd go as far as to say a John Deere combi would be a safer bet, I don't know enough about either of them to say what the differences are but I'd imagine they're minor enough as they're both built by Kuhn.
Are the john deere and khun combi's the same? I thought the jd ones were they're own or the older ones anyway!

Are the john deere and khun combi's the same? I thought the jd ones were they're own or the older ones anyway!
Intake is the same principal but everything else is different. Biggest difference is the sliding wrapping table like gowiel have.

Who is your kuhn dealer? I considered a kuhn balepack for this year but a big worry was about backup from the dealer.
Barron Machinery rathnure has just been appointed dealer so don't know what his service will be like but kuhn are saying they wouldn't let me down

There getting more popular but I still don't think there's enough of them about and whe you do have problems there is a bit of head scratching goes on as no one may have come across this problem before but whereas with the mchale most problems are fixed over the phone.
They just need to put the pickup in the scrap heap and start again

Barron Machinery rathnure has just been appointed dealer so don't know what his service will be like but kuhn are saying they wouldn't let me down

And so the merrygoaround with dealers in Wexford continues :rolleyes2:

I think the contractors in the Journal this week have one.

They're all descendants of the Vicon/Deutz design anyway. Wrapper is different on the Kuhn, JD is more like the Goweil. Other than the obvious things to look at I never studied them in detail

They're all descendants of the Vicon/Deutz design anyway. Wrapper is different on the Kuhn, JD is more like the Goweil. Other than the obvious things to look at I never studied them in detail
The john deere combi has a goweil wrapper and transfer system on it . Just the john deere combi you cannot take the baler out of it .

which did you buy Rambo
havent done anything yet cant decide which one to go with but leading towards kuhn at moment because can use standard plastic for tieing bale and the tines on pickup are meant to be good

Back