Front loader buckrake

jcb411abuser

My uncle wants to do some pit silage again next year. The 411 is not an option to push it in so it's probably going to be a push off buckrake on the tractor.
Though I was looking through YouTube and have seen the odd tractor and front loader pushing in.
We don't actually have a push off buckrake but still have an ordinary fork that was for the 411. a used quickie q75 is running around 6k stg and a push off rake will be 4k. It could fit either the t6080 or t7235 and could be useful to have anyway over and above just silage.
Were talking putting in about 60 acres twice a year with it.

Those q75’s are a fair length of a loader even on big frame tractors, I’d be nervous that your fork will be a long way out! Would a front linkage not a better option?

Those q75’s are a fair length of a loader even on big frame tractors, I’d be nervous that your fork will be a long way out! Would a front linkage not a better option?
Yea we have one on all the tractors just thought seeing as a loader isn't much more expensive than just the push off buckrake it could be an option. It could always be used if the loading shovel breaks down to feed and stuff aswell which adds some value.

Why not use the 411 at 100hp it would be more than capable to take grass from a small self propelled, and it weighs nearly 9 ton. If it were me I put a set of duals on it and a good fork and robert your mothers brother.........................................

Why not use the 411 at 100hp it would be more than capable to take grass from a small self propelled, and it weighs nearly 9 ton. If it were me I put a set of duals on it and a good fork and robert your mothers brother.........................................
Had duals on it for years buckraking. She's just tired leaking water n oil but she does the feeding the very best. Engine just wouldn't stick buckraking again and it's several thousand to revamp the machine.

I’d put the loader on the tractor I’d imagine it would be much handier to use on a pit than a buckrake for sides and the likes, I pushed a bit of maize with a q76 on a 6150r for a few hours last year while the tm 320 was on away feeding in a place I worked last year plenty of power and good at rolling, back at home the contractor used to hire in a man with a tractor with loader for years to push up after the 850 jaguar first a valtra 150 then a case 140 always had a very tidy pit and well rolled. There’s a tidy outfit not far from here where a 90 hp new Holland with loader pushes away from a new jf harvester they get through plenty acers in the year. A pushoff buckrake I imagine would be very limited I imagine in comparison like everything else it comes down to the lad driving it at the end of the day.

Sorry I know its not what your asking but 4-6k would recondition the engine and tidy up the oil leaks leaving the loader good for years to come but of the options you ask the loader would have to be the better option and the forks could be trimmed either side if its to heavy

Most round here use a front linkage and buck rake. Keep in mind that a half decent rake is 600kg before starting. So a decent load on a loader.

Use one on front links here and is fine for walls and everything once ur used to it.
Mind ours is narrower than the tractor which makes rolling far easier.

What would you be carrying from?

Most round here use a front linkage and buck rake. Keep in mind that a half decent rake is 600kg before starting. So a decent load on a loader.

Use one on front links here and is fine for walls and everything once ur used to it.
Mind ours is narrower than the tractor which makes rolling far easier.

What would you be carrying from?
We've still the jd6850 so it would be that we'd be lifting with.
Look if I can get away with it there won't be any pit silage at all again bit the uncle wants it so.
And my thinking is the loading shovel is tired and a front loader could be an alternative for a year to feed with and could kill 2 birds with one stone as could use the money on a push off instead for the loader and we have a fork to push in with as it is.
It's likely going to be a push off on front linkage on the t6080 though. Says he going to buy joystick and all for it but we'll see hopefully none of it happens

Look if I can get away with it there won't be any pit silage at all again bit the uncle wants it so.
And my thinking is the loading shovel is tired and a front loader could be an alternative for a year to feed with and could kill 2 birds with one stone as could use the money on a push off instead for the loader and we have a fork to push in with as it is.
It's likely going to be a push off on front linkage on the t6080 though. Says he going to buy joystick and all for it but we'll see hopefully none of it happens

Could you swap the brakets on the fork and use that?

My concern is that the extra steel in a push off makes it heavier.

But at the same time you would have a fair lump of a tractor to take it on! And self propelled silage is easier pushed up. Much finer.

Could you swap the brakets on the fork and use that?

My concern is that the extra steel in a push off makes it heavier.

But at the same time you would have a fair lump of a tractor to take it on! And self propelled silage is easier pushed up. Much finer.

My strimech 10' is 1500kg,the fendt can only lift it if the grass is like hay,needs a 5t linkage at least.

Your still going to have a fecked old shovel though,411 and 416 machines are great value for money and will make a fore loader look daft.

My strimech 10' is 1500kg,the fendt can only lift it if the grass is like hay,needs a 5t linkage at least.

Your still going to have a fecked old shovel though,411 and 416 machines are great value for money and will make a fore loader look daft.

Thats a lump of a rake though.
Our Grays is 8ft or less maybe?? (10 tine) and about 600kg going from the plate on it.
Still would take a big chunk out of the lift on a tractor loader.

I'm glad I got a 4.5t linkage. Was going to be 2.5 except the supplier had none in stock!!

Yea but a decent one is 20k and they still won't really clear the grass. When we do buy another shovel it'll never be near the pit, if our 411 had never been at silage it would've lasted literally forever.
I'd say well go for an 8ft Johnston or something similar. 5t linkage would be great but that's not going to happen, I'm not using the front linkage on the t7.235 in case it bends as it's needed for the mower. Pretty sure the t7.200 and t6080 have 3.5ton lifts so much of a muchness and worst goes to worst I'll stick it on the back.

Any time I saw someone trying to push up grass with a loader they were making a complete bollox of a job out of it.
Maize and whole crop would be far easier as it just kinda flows

Reactions: AYF
front linkage here on he 390, only a 9 tine McKenna pushoff buckrake but I would say the only thing saving it is that there is no rear weight to try and break the tractor in two. It is only a farm force so not 5 ton or anything near it, will take the full buckrake of wet grass, sometimes on front wheels only, but operator make the difference for how well it keeps up, that and it needs a turbo. da is getting on and slowing down but still leaves a good pit, 10 years ago it was at his leisure buckraking with it in tight yards and small trailers.

Our contractor used to push up the silage with a mf399 and tanco loader was pushing from a jf but made a good job out of the pit .

Yea but a decent one is 20k and they still won't really clear the grass. When we do buy another shovel it'll never be near the pit, if our 411 had never been at silage it would've lasted literally forever.
I'd say well go for an 8ft Johnston or something similar. 5t linkage would be great but that's not going to happen, I'm not using the front linkage on the t7.235 in case it bends as it's needed for the mower. Pretty sure the t7.200 and t6080 have 3.5ton lifts so much of a muchness and worst goes to worst I'll stick it on the back.

If you killed you shovel on the pit your tractor and front links won't last 5 minutes! :ohmy:

3.5t linkage will be fine just put your most sympathetic driver on it.:yes:

You could surely just pick up a second hand push off buck rake for not to much cash stick it on the back of something

You could surely just pick up a second hand push off buck rake for not to much cash stick it on the back of something
That's what I'd be doing for 60 acres twice a year, 6080 with shuttle transmission and powershifts be a piece of cake compared to what went before it pressing a dry clutch and tugging a lever for every move, no issues with a radiator full of grass either.

It's not a big amount of silage to push up going by your crops. It would be no hardship on a loading shovel. There's no comparision between a loading shovel and a tractor on a pit.

Back